You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GRIV banned from ArcheryTalk??????

Anyone know why GRIV was banned from ArcheryTalk?

The only thing that I can come up with is he came up with his own website.
    08 Constitution 50# 29"
    08 Allegiance 70#
    07 Guardian 77#
    http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=478
    FBSA Member

he started his own website, so they banned him??? that is crazy talk. But if it is true that is stupid.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Wasn't he involved in starting ArcheryTalk? Seems strange.
    Also saw post over there by and admin that said any threads about it will get removed.

Threads getting removed, sounds like a cover up, dont it? But they never said anything about pms someone in the know should go over and find out the truth. Like little spys

GRIV was banned and it makes AT adminstrators look petty and small minded.

He did start his own website http://www.archerylive.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

GRIV's site is strictly target archery. It's no compition to sites that include hunting or 3D. There is plenty of room on the net for all.

They also pulled the articles from GRIV and others. However, this may simply be a part of the recent server switch.

I'll still visit AT and the other sites, but GRIV's new site is my home page now.

I sent a PM to ADMIN at AT, but no response yet.

Default maybe AT will ban anyone that starts a website

or the rest of us that don't bash YOUR choice of bow.. I occasionally review AT around the ATA show for new stuff and Vegas shoot. But gave up on posting there almost a year ago.

I have been pleased with info learned on here, archerysite and archerylive.

Truly archers helping archers.

There is more to GRIV's banning that most know. He was also banned a couple of months ago and was allowed back. I can't say any more than that...

Darrel
    Pro Staff Positions:

True Spot Scopes
    Coffey Marketing
    WindStalker Cable Guard
    VaneTec vanes
    Prostring custom bow strings

Thanks for the info. Think I was banned also, but don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred
    Thanks for the info. Think I was banned also, but don't care.
    What is your AT login and I will check it out for you

Darrel
    Pro Staff Positions:

True Spot Scopes
    Coffey Marketing
    WindStalker Cable Guard
    VaneTec vanes

Default why bother

Don't plan on using it.

Why cant the real reason be discussed is what some are saying true, he was banned for starting his own website??? I love it when people use that excuse, "I cant discuss it, cuz i might get in trouble." If you stick your head far enough in the sand it will go away.

Darrel this is not ment to pick on you, but all of the people over there at AT who continually ban people for lapses in judgement, I have never been warned here or there but have read a few posts by mods that did not need to be written. Like when some mods insist on bringing up the fact that the person just got back on and not to get to comfortable. Just wondering why every thing has to be so hush hush.

BOWMAN, I understand what your saying. I have similar feelings on some things that happen there. But, The Mods and Admins have to make decisions on how to handle each case as it arises. Some of those decisions are hard and they are not always liked by the other members. You must understand that its not always how it appears on the surface, a lot goes on behind the scenes. The reason all the post about it are pulled is there are rules against questioning the actions of the mods or admin. They can't allow everyone to question every decision we make.

Darrel
    Pro Staff Positions:

True Spot Scopes
    Coffey Marketing
    WindStalker Cable Guard
    VaneTec vanes

I understand what you are saying also BUT Who is checking on the reasons for which a person is banned???? Is there an unbiased person who reveiws the offence and makes a final decision because as it apperrs to those of us from the outside, it apperrs like there might need to be a system of checks and balances put in place? As always just wondering

Not sure of the specifics, but what I gathered was that he was advertising his site on AT. I cant blame them for banning him if that was the case.
    2006 Hoyt UltraTec
    Spot Hogg Hogg-It
    Muzzy Zero Effect
    STS Front Mount
    Winners Choice Strings And Cables
    MD Custom Bow Slings
    Fletcher True Peep 1/4
    Muzzy 100 Grain 3 Blade

So another words what your saying is anytime someone advertises another website on your website you should ban them??? What are we doing right now???? Advertising for Archerytalk, wether it is good or bad it is still advertising and so what if there are other sights to go and talk on, does not mean they will be loosing money. I did not pay anything for my user name here, there, or anywhere. If he was blatenly bashing archery talk and calling them stupid heads (edited because of small ears) and stuff maybe I can see it. Not trying to get anybody riled up. Just wondering if they want anybody over there at there wonderful web site at all? All they seem to be able to do is tick people off latley, wether it be because they banned someone or you are not able to get on. Seems as though a few days ago someone was advertising the mathews forum web site on there and they did not get banned. I like both places and today I found that the IBO has a forum web site also, oh Chris you better send me up the river cuz i might say it is a good site.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel
    BOWMAN, I understand what your saying. I have similar feelings on some things that happen there. But, The Mods and Admins have to make decisions on how to handle each case as it arises. Some of those decisions are hard and they are not always liked by the other members. You must understand that its not always how it appears on the surface, a lot goes on behind the scenes. The reason all the post about it are pulled is there are rules against questioning the actions of the mods or admin. They can't allow everyone to question every decision we make.

Darrel

I might be wrong...But are you a mod on ArcheryTalk ?

Yes Darrel is. I dont by the way have a prob w/that

It really doesn't bother me either...I was thinking he was...It is not a good thing when guys get banned from a forum esp one that he helped create..I have been there....with his only being tournament archery it should get it's fair share of hits...I think it is over 500 members already

Default It's all about the $$$

I'm sure all would have been fine with Griv if he would have paid them their $500 sponsorship fee.

Do you see them having a problem with 3dshoots.com?

Or maybe Martin is forever pissed over him leaving.