You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Default How do you feel about neighbors that...

thinks it's ok for their dogs to run loose all over your yard/property.We have 8 acres of heavly wooded land and our house is right in the middle of it and last week i had to do something i hate which is drive to neighboring houses and tell 3 different owners that if their dog came back down,what would happen...and i was as nice about it as possible.One morning last week 2 different neghbors dogs came down and jumped on my beagle that is on a cable and he couldn't get away from them so i grabed the 410 and when i opened the back door they ran up in the woods a ways and i shot a few feet over their head and they ran back towards their homes.I drove up to the owners and told each of them what happened and as much as i hated,if it happened again....it wouldn't be a scare off shot.I couldn't believe what both owners said,which was...were sorry about that,but don't make a mistake of shooting our dogs and went on to say that they hate to pen/tie them up because dogs should get to run and shouldn't be confined a pen or chain.I than told them that i love my pets as much as anyone,but we also respect other peoples property and we keep them in our own yard...and this went back and forth for a bit and when i understood that being nice wasn't going to change anything...i just said to all 3 partys that if it happens again or if they even come down...they won't be comming home.I'm starting to get a complex about people that thinks it's ok for their pets to rome all over other peoples property...sorry.How would some of you reacted to what happened....by the way...they haven't been back,so i guess they took me serious.PS...the 3rd dog just likes to come down at all hours of the night and get into a barking contest with my beagle..which wakes us up at at all hours.
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

well I would not shoot them. That is just leaving yourself open for a law suit. What I would do is call the pound or animal control. Have them picked up. Make sure they know who the owners are. That way they will be fined for letting them run free. You do have a lesh law there right? But if they have to pay to get there dogs back and fines, then they may learn a lesson from it. But if you shoot them, then I hope your dog never gets loose. They will take it is a chance to shoot yours.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

O yes get is rubber buck shot. That will teach the dogs not to come around your house and it want kill anyones dog.
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

i dont think a dog should necessarily be tied up either but thats what kennels are for. i know a guy who took a shot at a dog and got in some big trouble for it. just call animal control or something is my suggestion. its not worth fines lawsuits and the beating your good name will take.

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

So what your saying is the dog deserves to die due to the owners, not being responable? WOW real stand up guy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    So what your saying is the dog deserves to die due to the owners, not being responable? WOW real stand up guy!!!
    I am a stand up person....but when they come down and Jump all over my rabbit dog...i have to do something.I did make calls to the local sheriffs dept and even told them where the owners lived and over a 3 wk period...nothing changed....and i ask them what to do if after talking to the owners and it continued to happen.....they said....we won't tell you what you can and can't do...but you have the right to protect your property.Bullspotter....you honestly think thats it ok for people to let their dogs run loose and chew up some one elses dog that is kept on a cable on their own property....are you really that Arrogant.
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

Folks,...i don't have a problem with the neighbors dogs straying onto my property now and than.....The Problem is when they jump all over My Dog that is on a 20' cable that is attached to his dog house.And i've been as nice as possible going to the owners and trying to talk about it....but apparently they are so ARROGANT that they don't care.
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    well I would not shoot them. That is just leaving yourself open for a law suit. What I would do is call the pound or animal control. Have them picked up. Make sure they know who the owners are. That way they will be fined for letting them run free. You do have a lesh law there right? But if they have to pay to get there dogs back and fines, then they may learn a lesson from it. But if you shoot them, then I hope your dog never gets loose. They will take it is a chance to shoot yours.

When I was In junior high neighborhood dogs and strays would come around when my lab was in heat. all it took were a few well placed .22 pellets from my old single shot benjamin to send them running and keep them away. (just 2 pumps by the way, I wasn't going for penetration)
    FBSA-MEMBER
    2007 Black Ice
    Spot Hogg Whammy
    Tru Fire/ Scott hybrid release
    Copper John Dead Nuts II
    Posten FTW
    FOBS

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Agree with those who advise it's time to get the authorities involved.

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

If the law doesn't work, and most of the time these type of people will not care about the law, there is always SSS (shoot, shovel, shutup).

To everyone else....I certainly would like to know where your property is since you do not mind tresspassers or interlopers. I sure could use a few more places to hunt
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Good post!

Just a word of warning to anyone that hunts around me...if you ever shoot my dog...there will be serious consequences.
    Oh yes, there will be blood.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
    Good post!

Just a word of warning to anyone that hunts around me...if you ever shoot my dog...there will be serious consequences.
    So i let tha dog eat me up?

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

This has got way off base. The question ask was not the dog attacking anyone. They were messing with his dog. You are getting into another think here.

so i go in bearhanded and pull this amd dog off my dog let me tell you if I did'nt have aweapon i would be right in tha big middle of it

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Here I will help, here is a link.
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=180455
    Double barrel, load a blank in one and rubber buckshot in the other.
    Shoot the blank will stop the fight and get the dog moving, then second barrel in the butt. You will never see that dog around any more. And you do not have to dig a hole.
    Last edited by QSA; 02-24-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    So i let tha dog eat me up?
    yeah my golden retriever is a real killer bud.

I did mention a third dog....it's the one that likes to come down at all hours of the night and bark at my beagle and wake us up at all hours of the night.After speaking to it's owners "as nice as possible".....they agreed that it would bother them if it was happening at their house....so they bought a pen for it.....by the way...i wouldn't have harmed it just for barking....but the other 2 were mean.
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

yeah my golden retriever is a real killer bud.
    Man you are missing tha whole point
    and you need ta knock off tha killer stuff
    we are a bunch of adults round here and we try ta respect each other
    how old are you my friend
    young folks sometimes don't understand and try ta make a bad name for themselfs so ta compete with tha big boys
    ya don'yt have ta do that here
    just be cool and you'll fit in perfectly and be very much accepted by beeing cool and funny

dodgensince74

Good post!

Then you might want to learn how to control your dog, instead of putting blame on the shooter.

Even bird dogs in the field hunting birds are not suppose to stray from the hunter, if they do then they are not well trained.

Do you really think that some one that shot your dog would not take action to protect themselves from the irate owner of the dog they shot.