You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

We kennel all 3 of our dogs, but I do let them out at least once a day, they do run off (don't always listen when I call them). I hope all the time that some grumpy dog hater doesn't get ahold of them. I try to keep them home, but sometimes they just want to run and they are always back quickly.

I don't mind that the neighbors dogs or cats hang out up here as long as they are not causing any problems. I would try NON lethal forces long before I would kill someones pet.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgensince74 View Post
    I feel you did right by talking to the owners of the dogs. I would have done the same thing except I would not have hung around to argue, I would just tell them the situation without the "if it happens again part", thanked them for listening and left. If it happened again then they would be worm food, I don't care what anyone says, I would then invoke the SSS rule.
    Everyone has remember if you have a dog or cat its yours, not your nieghbors, if I want another pet I will go out and get my own. So many people say "I love my dog/cat like they were one my kids", well I don't know to many people that condone letting their kids wonder thier neighborhoods any time of the day or night crapping, digging or destroying their nieghbors property or livestock. If you love your pets like you do your kids, then take care of them like you would your kids, keep them under your control and supervision.

Hey I do. lol JK
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Hey IChim2 No i dont think its ok to have other dogs running lose and messing with your dog and property, but dogs have the need to run around and cause trouble sometimes, or all the time. Weather they run free all the time, or get off their line or chain, they seem to like to go find stuff to get into, and cause some problems. Do you really think the dogs deserve to die, because their owners dont take near as good of care of them as they should!! Not really the dogs fault. Just think how you would feel if your dog got off somehow, and got shot cause it wanderd off onto some other property.
    Get one of those cool net guns and catch the dog, call the pound and tell them you cought a stray dog on your property and they need to come get it. After several times of the owner having to go get their dog back they might do something. my .02.

the people who say they let there dog out to run around are the same people who cause problems for everone else .if it was my dog they attacked they would never see thier dogs again.:

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    thinks it's ok for their dogs to run loose all over your yard/property.We have 8 acres of heavly wooded land and our house is right in the middle of it and last week i had to do something i hate which is drive to neighboring houses and tell 3 different owners that if their dog came back down,what would happen...and i was as nice about it as possible.One morning last week 2 different neghbors dogs came down and jumped on my beagle that is on a cable and he couldn't get away from them so i grabed the 410 and when i opened the back door they ran up in the woods a ways and i shot a few feet over their head and they ran back towards their homes.I drove up to the owners and told each of them what happened and as much as i hated,if it happened again....it wouldn't be a scare off shot.I couldn't believe what both owners said,which was...were sorry about that,but don't make a mistake of shooting our dogs and went on to say that they hate to pen/tie them up because dogs should get to run and shouldn't be confined a pen or chain.I than told them that i love my pets as much as anyone,but we also respect other peoples property and we keep them in our own yard...and this went back and forth for a bit and when i understood that being nice wasn't going to change anything...i just said to all 3 partys that if it happens again or if they even come down...they won't be comming home.I'm starting to get a complex about people that thinks it's ok for their pets to rome all over other peoples property...sorry.How would some of you reacted to what happened....by the way...they haven't been back,so i guess they took me serious.PS...the 3rd dog just likes to come down at all hours of the night and get into a barking contest with my beagle..which wakes us up at at all hours.
    1st I would have not said a word to anybody
    2nd tha dogs would have not went home
    nuff said

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by cape buffalo View Post
    the people who say they let there dog out to run around are the same people who cause problems for everone else .if it was my dog they attacked they would never see thier dogs again.:
    I let my dogs out to run and I am far from a Problem maker, I try to watch them and Play with them to keep them close, but sometimes they just take off, acting like they don't hear me (kinda like my kids sometimes )

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    nuff said
    Wow Smokes, I expected a little more of a Godly answer from you

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    Wow Smokes, I expected a little more of a Godly answer from you
    Sorry I dissapointed you Wheels if they are threating my property
    Well I am gonna protect it
    If they had came at me, my wife, or my pet -human or animal
    I am gonna " provide for my family" now thats Bible

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

BTW htat is if they are harrasing us
    if they around just cruising I will soot a bottle rocket
    but now tha aggressive stuff
    different story
    how do we know they ain't rabid
    i anit gonna give a chance ta git us

nuff said
    I never thought I would here that from you somkes. I for one never though I would see the day I would do this to you. You know the big books teachs peace. I under stand if they were attacking you or yours, but just coming around and doing dog things. I hae gave the best thing to do. Rubber buckshot will hurt like crap and most dogs learn from one round in the but.
    Last edited by QSA; 02-24-2008 at 06:20 PM.
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

BTW htat is if they are harrasing us
    if they around just cruising I will soot a bottle rocket
    but now tha aggressive stuff
    different story
    how do we know they ain't rabid
    i anit gonna give a chance ta git us
    Because he said he now the dogs and there owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    I let my dogs out to run and I am far from a Problem maker, I try to watch them and Play with them to keep them close, but sometimes they just take off, acting like they don't hear me (kinda like my kids sometimes )
    dont have problem with dog running off but if your dog attack anything of mine all bets are off and you get whats cumming..

I PAY TAXES ON MY PROPERTY..........ITS MINE......KEEP YOUR DOG ON YOURS.......

I am a little suprized at smokes answer but HE IS RIGHT ON THIS ONE.......

if my dog, causes issues, than by all means TAKE CARE OF IT.........

ITS A FRIGGEN DOG FOLKS........GET A FREAKIN GRIP........
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post

yep......

EXLAX Just feed them a little EXLAX. Then it becomes the owners problem!!
    2007 Diamond Black Ice
    HHA Optimizer DS-XL5519 sight
    QAD drop away rest, Mongoose deluxe release , STS. FBSA http://www.thefbsa.com/

Well I will say this I don't like to shoot anybody's pet's or make a practice of it. We had a neighbor that moved into the area a few years ago and decided it was ok to let his pit bull run loose. Well it growled at my Unit and lunged at her in the yard one day. She called me at work and I came home and let's just say the dog is still in the yard....
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Well I will say this I don't like to shoot anybody's pet's or make a practice of it. We had a neighbor that moved into the area a few years ago and decided it was ok to let his pit bull run loose. Well it growled at my Unit and lunged at her in the yard one day. She called me at work and I came home and let's just say the dog is still in the yard....
    GOOD...........SOME DOGS ARE NOT PET MATERIAL......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    I never thought I would here that from you somkes. I for one never though I would see the day I would do this to you. You know the big books teachs peace. I under stand if they were attacking you or yours, but just coming around and doing dog things. I hae gave the best thing to do. Rubber buckshot will hurt like crap and most dogs learn from one round in the but.
    Dude when you have had your nose in The Book for 27 yrs like me and understand what it says then I will accept your No nos
    I Have got tha Word behind me on this one
    This like piling on QSA
    15 yrd penlty

1 Tim 5:7-8

7 And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.

8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel .
    KJV
    Would you let another animal or human attack your dog or family member
    the roll of the man is to provide and protect
    and infidel is a sinner-unbeliver

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post

Why are you suprised Bman
    Just doing what comes naturaly

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Where he belongs
    they were created wild and we domesticated them
    they are our natural enemy