You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
    How do you feel about neighbors that... - Bowhunting forum
    Thank you A83

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    Hey IChim2 No i dont think its ok to have other dogs running lose and messing with your dog and property, but dogs have the need to run around and cause trouble sometimes, or all the time. Weather they run free all the time, or get off their line or chain, they seem to like to go find stuff to get into, and cause some problems. Do you really think the dogs deserve to die, because their owners dont take near as good of care of them as they should!! Not really the dogs fault. Just think how you would feel if your dog got off somehow, and got shot cause it wanderd off onto some other property.
    Get one of those cool net guns and catch the dog, call the pound and tell them you cought a stray dog on your property and they need to come get it. After several times of the owner having to go get their dog back they might do something. my .02.
    Good idea. http://investigativeproducts.com/shootingnet.html Send me a check for $595.00 and I promise that I will use the money to buy one so I don't have to harm a dog. I don't think it should be my responsibility to have to buy something like this, but if your willing to pay for it, why not? It might be fun.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

IChim2 and he's a shooter IChim2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    We kennel all 3 of our dogs, but I do let them out at least once a day, they do run off (don't always listen when I call them). I hope all the time that some grumpy dog hater doesn't get ahold of them. I try to keep them home, but sometimes they just want to run and they are always back quickly.

I don't mind that the neighbors dogs or cats hang out up here as long as they are not causing any problems. I would try NON lethal forces long before I would kill someones pet.
    Wheels....Your misunderstanding my post....we always have dogs now and than that come around our house and i don't have much of a problem with that....i've walked on on my back deck many atimes of a morning and someones coon/fox hound was asleep on the rug and we fed and watered them and they went on their way.I'm talking about neighbors dogs that come down and want to fight/jump all over my rabbit dog....i just can't allow that to happen.I wouldn't harm someones dog for just passing through...
    CSS by MeanV
    FB Truth and a few Dartons.
    FBSA member

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    Wheels....Your misunderstanding my post....we always have dogs now and than that come around our house and i don't have much of a problem with that....i've walked on on my back deck many atimes of a morning and someones coon/fox hound was asleep on the rug and we fed and watered them and they went on their way.I'm talking about neighbors dogs that come down and want to fight/jump all over my rabbit dog....i just can't allow that to happen.I wouldn't harm someones dog for just passing through...
    well spoken and put like a gentelman

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
    Good idea. http://investigativeproducts.com/shootingnet.html Send me a check for $595.00 and I promise that I will use the money to buy one so I don't have to harm a dog. I don't think it should be my responsibility to have to buy something like this, but if your willing to pay for it, why not? It might be fun.
    I liked tha part where you could sleep safe a nd protected form robbers
    if they have guns well they would just roll over and beg for mercy

I understand what you are saying, I would be pissed if dogs came and harrassed my dogs all the time. I have a new idea.....If you can catch them, just take them to a kennel/animal shelter a few towns away, I just don't agree with the killing unless they are a serious threat to you or your property.

Default well,well

i hear a lot of people on here say don't kill them, call animal control! if i am not mistaken won't it go to a pound if its there to long they'll kill it, right?

i have the same problem with cats around my house. they always crap in my wifes flower bed, freakin cats! so i bought some rubber tips for my arrows, makes great pratice for the off season. you gotta do, what you gotta do.

(x2) 2007 Guardians 70# @29in.
    GoldTip 5575
    Gateway Razor feathers
    Limb drivers, HHAs
    meanv supressor, TruBall

IChim2. So how do you get that I dont respect other peoples property and think i own mine and anyone elses property if i chose to, by stating that i dont think your in the right by killing those dogs for messing with yours? Should those dogs be their doing that, no they shouldnt. You didnt say they hurt your dog, they jumped him..... is their a vet bill? Is your dog hurt? Trama? I could see more agressive action if they had tore your dog up, or killed it, or came after you or a family member. But by your first post, didnt seem that any damage was done. If you feel you need to kill them for what they did, well thats up to you. Lastly, their pry wouldnt be any issues with me living next to you, as far as dogs go, because I wouldnt let my dogs roam free, they would be kept properly.

I understand what you are saying, I would be pissed if dogs came and harrassed my dogs all the time. I have a new idea.....If you can catch them, just take them to a kennel/animal shelter a few towns away, I just don't agree with the killing unless they are a serious threat to you or your property.
    Well....one of the owners that i went to...when i pulled up in front of their house and open my trk door(i was on the road and not his property)....the dog came off his porch a growling at me....sounds mean to me.The owner had to call the dog back and hold onto him by his collar while i spoke to him from a distance.I don't think trying to catch him....is an option.
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

Quote Originally Posted by OB1.25 View Post
    i hear a lot of people on here say don't kill them, call animal control! if i am not mistaken won't it go to a pound if its there to long they'll kill it, right?

i have the same problem with cats around my house. they always crap in my wifes flower bed, freakin cats! so i bought some rubber tips for my arrows, makes great pratice for the off season. you gotta do, what you gotta do.
    I would say the stray dogs and such pry do get the x after so long, but any owner who has a lost dog, will pry go look for it, if they care at all. I would think anyways. Their are also lots of people who will get their pets from a animal shelter to save it from the x......

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    I would say the stray dogs and such pry do get the x after so long, but any owner who has a lost dog, will pry go look for it, if they care at all. I would think anyways. Their are also lots of people who will get their pets from a animal shelter to save it from the x......
    We got our little rat terrior(my wifes lap dog that we adopted)..a year ago from a city dog pound that is a kill shelter.......i got my beagle out of a litter for 25$ from a man who was going to take the ones that didn't sell.....to a pound...we have 2 pet roosters that are loose in our yard 70% of the time....my daughter has a calico cat that stays outside.....But none of these animals ever venture out of our yard at ant time..let alone the other 8 acreas.
    CSS by MeanV
    FBSA member

We got our little rat terrior(my wifes lap dog that we adopted)..a year ago from a city dog pound that is a kill shelter.......i got my beagle out of a litter for 25$ from a man who was going to take the ones that didn't sell.....to a pound...we have 2 pet roosters that are loose in our yard 70% of the time....my daughter has a calico cat that stays outside.....But none of these animals ever venture out of our yard at ant time..let alone the other 8 acreas.
    IC2 are these Kickin' Chickens

dodgensince74

I let my dogs out to run and I am far from a Problem maker, I try to watch them and Play with them to keep them close, but sometimes they just take off, acting like they don't hear me (kinda like my kids sometimes )
    I think its time for you to invest in some shock collers

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

HoYt TRYKON.........Enough said!!!!!!!

Referral Link for Hoyt1986 http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8025

dodgensince74

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    1st I would have not said a word to anybody
    2nd tha dogs would have not went home
    nuff said
    I to must admit that I was surprised, but I do like what you said, it only goes to show everyone of us that you are human just like the rest of us. That is what we all are first, our calling what ever it may be comes in behind that.
    I thank you for being honest with us

dodgensince74

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Because he said he now the dogs and there owners.
    He is talking about what he would do if this situation were to happen to him, as we are all doing.

dodgensince74

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I PAY TAXES ON MY PROPERTY..........ITS MINE......KEEP YOUR DOG ON YOURS.......

I am a little suprized at smokes answer but HE IS RIGHT ON THIS ONE.......

if my dog, causes issues, than by all means TAKE CARE OF IT.........

ITS A FRIGGEN DOG FOLKS........GET A FREAKIN GRIP........

Exactly how I feel Bunnyman, there is no excuse for a persons dog roam off your property onto someone elses with out the other property owners permission.

If my dogs get out of my yard my nieghbors are free to do what they feel they must do, they do not know my dogs and what they may do or are what they may be capable of doing.

dodgensince74

Quote Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
    Good post!

Just a word of warning to anyone that hunts around me...if you ever shoot my dog...there will be serious consequences.
    Oh yes, there will be blood.
    Then you might want to learn how to control your dog, instead of putting blame on the shooter.

Even bird dogs in the field hunting birds are not suppose to stray from the hunter, if they do then they are not well trained.

Do you really think that some one that shot your dog would not take action to protect themselves from the irate owner of the dog they shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgensince74 View Post
    I to must admit that I was surprised, but I do like what you said, it only goes to show everyone of us that you are human just like the rest of us. That is what we all are first, our calling what ever it may be comes in behind that.
    I thank you for being honest with us
    Yes sir bud
    I put my pants on just like you
    1 leg at a time.
    I do try ta stay with in tha limits of tha Bible on every decision I make
    i am under tha maginfying glass of society and rightly so
    and some of tha PC stuff ,like not protecting yoreself and calling tha police to protect you just ain't what hta consitution says
    I'd be shot full of holes by tha time they got there

i really want to clarify one thing
    and I will say it agian
    if a domestic animal comes into my yard and is just crusing
    I take a bottle rocket nad shoot it yes at them
    by tha time tha fuse and tha scream gits ta going they have high tailed it out.
    I do not shoot them
    I find no pleasure in just killing an animal
    so pls don't ban me Wheels

i get dogs in my yard all the time from the people that live around me. all of the owners have come up to me and tell me there sorry and thats fine there all good dogs all there dogs are nice and they play with mine so its not a big deal. not to mention it doesnt happen all the time. but if one comes into my yard and attacks my dogs..... its not leaving on its own.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!