You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Which cams should I use?

I shoot the hoyt vipertech and am considering changing my 75% letoff to the 65% cams, I have heard that holding more weight will increase my accuracy. If that is the case, when you pull up against the wall, why not just pull harder against your bow arm?

Default Good question Tim

I would like to know also. I have shot a bow with 50% and one with 65%. The one with 65% I shoot alot better so that is why I ordered my XT with 80%. I thought maybe I would give it a try if I do not like it I can have it changed to 65% and yes I know I will lose 1/2" on my DL. So I guess this is something more of personal preference also, just like different bows. I hope someone can help you out here with this question. Later dude.

Frank

"HONDA"

Why would you lose a 1/2 going from a 65% to a 80% let off ? I shoot 28 inch draw with both of them..

Default What I was told

I was told that if you change the cam position from 80%to65% you lose 1/2" in DL.

Frank

"HONDA"

The new Swithcbacks are not adjustable...they come in the draw length you order....The Outbacks have the adjustable let-off on there cam..

Default So I was mislead!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris or anybody who knows for sure can you verify this for me??? I was told that if I ordered my XT at 29"DL and 80% letoff then decided I did not like the letoff I could just adj my cam and get 65% letoff but this would change my DL to 28.5. Is this correct or am I stuck with 80% letoff unless I order another cam???? Thanks guys

Frank

"HONDA"

A sucka is born everyday!!!!1 they played you like a fiddle. they told you like a story. they, well you get it, by the way did IT come yet??
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier
    Chris or anybody who knows for sure can you verify this for me??? I was told that if I ordered my XT at 29"DL and 80% letoff then decided I did not like the letoff I could just adj my cam and get 65% letoff but this would change my DL to 28.5. Is this correct or am I stuck with 80% letoff unless I order another cam???? Thanks guys

Frank
    No, if you order it at 80% you are stuck at 80%. It is not adjustable like the outback was.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Crap!!!!!

How much is the other cam? If I decide I do not like the 80%. That means at 70# I will only be holding 14 I hope that keeps me steady. Of course at 65% I would only be holding around 24.5 thats only 10.5 more pounds maybe I'll be ok.

Frank

"HONDA"

BowhuntnHoosier I work in a Pro Shop so I would not miss lead you. I would get with the pro shop you bought it from and have them make it right. As good of a company that Mathews is, if the shop will not make it right I am sure they will if you call them....
    Last edited by HoytShooter88; 03-11-2006 at 07:28 AM.

Default Thanks alot hoytshooter88

I was just wanting another answer because I was in denial with yours. Thanks for the info and I will most certainly have a heart to heart if I don't like the 80%.

Frank

"HONDA"

Still plenty of time to change your mind, seeing as how they have not even built it yet. hehehehehe I mean I am just trying to see the good in your misfortune, buddy ol pal. I really hope you get yours soon.
    I cut things up and split them down!