You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Performance better maxed out???????

I have heard this argument lately at the shop and was wondering how you guys all feel. Does a bow shoot better and more consistant when it is maxxed out or is this just a rumor? I have shot my old Jennings from 58 to 72 pounds and have really not noticed a big difference. Maybe its just me or maybe my bow is just too dogon old not sure. So what do you guys think?

Frank

"HONDA"

I think they do, i always shoot my bows at full poundage thats why I order them in 50-60 or less so I can shoot them maxed out. Arent axle to axle and brace height recomendations made when the bow is maxed out?
    I cut things up and split them down!

Bowman, yes specs are taken with the bow weight maxed out.

I think I can test this tomorrow. However, I think I already know what is going to happen.

The two bows will be as follows.
    Switchback XT 60# peak, 29" draw, set at 60#
    Switchback XT 70# peak, 29" draw, set at 60#

I am assuming the 60# peak bow is going to be a touch faster. Here is why I feel this way. When you back out the limbs on the 70# bow, you will increase brace height. However, the draw will get slightly longer on the 70 pounder. I wonder if the longer draw will offset the brace height change. This could be an interesting test.

Here's some more food for thought. The performance will probably be better on the 60# bow, but since the brace increases on the 70# does this make it more forgiving than the 60#?

If I remember I will measure the brace height differences and will try to get the bows setup identical with the same stuff on the string.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Thanks Chris

I will be anxiously awaiting the results. I don't care if I loose a little speed thats not why I purchased this bow anyway I want performance, that is consistant performance. By the way Chris have you shot or heard anything on the Ross CR 331 a shop about 40 miles from me is going to start carrying this line and I was wondering what you know about them good and bad thanks again for everything.

Frank

"HONDA"

Great idea fill us in on the results
    I cut things up and split them down!

I shot the entire Ross line at the ATA show. Very nice bows, I was impressed by them. I would like to see a bit more speed out of them to compete with the big names. The winners choice strings and cables are a big plus.

We had the rep in just the other day. I am considering the line for sure.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies