You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default What is the best peep sight?

Hey everyone. I am on the search for a new peep sight. What do you guys like? I am considering the G5 Meta peep. My brother has a 1/8 G5 Meta peep and it does not seem that great, but i thought maybe a little bigger one would be better.

Any other good peeps out there that i should look at (explain)? I do not want any peep tubing or a heavy peep either. I tried the timberline no-peep and it is a cool training tool and pretty accurate, but not as accurate as using a peep sight. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

I like a 3/16" peep for target and 3D... I use a 1/4" peep to hunt with. I like the G5 metapeep that is what I have on my hunting rig...
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

I have both the G5 and Fletcher in 1/8". I will not waste the money on the G5 again. The Fletcher suits me better. The G5 is lighter, if only I was comfortable with it.
    Mathews Switchback 63# 29"
    Victory Arrows and FOBs!

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I took the peep off mine and went to a Hind; I don't miss it at all. When you're in the stand and you have to twist around for a shot there is no doubt if you have it or not; can't "cheat" by fudging your anchor point etc. if it's not there it's very obvious. There are a handfull of different off string sights; some like them some defintely don't - just a thought.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Super Ball Peep kit. You can change the apacure size with the inserts. I use them in all my bows.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by krist003 View Post
    Hey everyone. I am on the search for a new peep sight. What do you guys like? I am considering the G5 Meta peep. My brother has a 1/8 G5 Meta peep and it does not seem that great, but i thought maybe a little bigger one would be better.

Any other good peeps out there that i should look at (explain)? I do not want any peep tubing or a heavy peep either. I tried the timberline no-peep and it is a cool training tool and pretty accurate, but not as accurate as using a peep sight. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!
    are you shooting pins or scope
    or both

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Default specialty archery Hooded super ball peep

I have used many different peeps over the years, but I feel the very best peep sight system I have used is the specialty archery Hooded super peep, with interchangable screw in apatures, you can use verifyer lens for hunting and screw in clarifyers or just holes for 3D. the hood keeps out the sun and rain.

I've got the RAD Trio On my hunting setup. Don't like a peep with a connecting tube. Never had a problem with it lining up right. But I only hunt and practise for hunting. I don't shoot 3D or spots so I can't say anything on that level. The Rad Trio is the one that splits the string into thirds and has 3 connector slots on it.

Default peep

For hunting the G5 1/4" Metapeep is a good choice...
    I've switched from the G5 1/4" to the String Splitter Mini from SternerDuttera.com for my hunting bow for this year...Once you get use to using the String Splitter it's amazing the extra amount of light it lets in.
    John's Customs ProStaff "custom strings & tune jobs"
    MossyOak Pro Staff

Super Ball peep or Super Ball Hunter peep (with the latex tube cord) are the peeps of choice in my opinion since you can change the aperture and/or use clarifiers/verifiers without messing with changing peep housings. The apertures/lenses screw into the housing with a small wrench. They are especially good for folks who use their hunting bow for indoor and 3D since you can gain some accuracy with a smaller peep and still be able to have that full field of view when hunting. They are not cheap but they are very flexible. I've used them for a couple of years now and will not go back to anything else.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

I shoot a 5 pin sight by the way.

That super ball peep looks pretty cool. Is there really a significant difference in the hooded v.s. the non-hooded version? Is there any color that is best?

G5..........
    HoYt TRYKON.........Enough said!!!!!!!

Referral Link for Hoyt1986 http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8025

Quote Originally Posted by krist003 View Post
    I shoot a 5 pin sight by the way.

That super ball peep looks pretty cool. Is there really a significant difference in the hooded v.s. the non-hooded version? Is there any color that is best?
    I use a non hooded version but I don't use a clarifier or verifier lens in the aperture. If the weather was bad maybe the hooded version would help but I doubt it. That peep system is really good and is well worth looking at.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Default The String Splitter

Best thing I ever used.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sterner Duttera – Rhino 34
    Muzzy Zero Effect Rest
    DW 69# - DL 29" – Gold Tip 3575 – 302 fps

"Its about family, its about tradition, Its about ethics, its about respect.

It’s about preserving those fondest memories of childhood, of a celebrated season, when everything in your heart and mind was right.
    Pass on these traditions to your children's children, as it belongs to them anyway, and NEVER take for granted the PRIVILEGES that Mother Nature has to offer."

i have the super peep its real versatile it can be anything from a clarifier to a verifier to a regular peep. its non hooded

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

I HOPE I CAN HELP SOME. THERE IS NO SPECIFIC ANSWER FOR U.
    WHEN I AM SHOOTING INDOOR COMPETETION I USE A 1/8TH DIAMETER PEEP AS IT PROFILES WITH MY SINGLE PIN SIGHT HOUSING SO THAT I DO NOT EVEN SEE THE HOUSING-ONLY THE PIN. FOR 3-D SHOOTING I USE A 1/4" DIAMETER PEEP. BOTH ARE TYIED OFF SO THEY DONT SLIP IN THE STRING.
    THE 1/4' peep i use WHEN I SHOOTING "pins". WHEN I AM USING A
    "SCOPE" I USUALLY USE A 1/8 DIAMETER. ALMOST EXCLUSIVLY, WHEN HUNTING WITH PINS, I USE A FULL 1/4" DIAMETER. THIS WILL LET MORE LIGHT INTO YOUR PUPIL AS THE SUN FADES OUT. THIS WILL GIVE U A LITTLE MORE TIME FOR UR HUNT.

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    I took the peep off mine and went to a Hind; I don't miss it at all. When you're in the stand and you have to twist around for a shot there is no doubt if you have it or not; can't "cheat" by fudging your anchor point etc. if it's not there it's very obvious. There are a handfull of different off string sights; some like them some defintely don't - just a thought.
    Never used a sight. Taught by my uncle Wendell Janssen (CA broad head champ). Just ordered a Hind sight. I am a better hunter, he is a better shot. I tried the peep and was always more accurate without it. I will post results.