You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Which Scope???

Default Which Scope???

I've lived in the city for the last 13 years, and during that time I've only shot my bow enough to keep my skills up good enough to bow hunt. I finally relocated back to the country and now I can shoot in my back yard

I'm trying to decide on which scope to get. I've got a Tropy Ridge sight that I hunt with, but I would like to switch back to a scope for target shooting and possibly 3D shoots. I've got an old 2x scope that I used 10+ years ago, but it's not very clear at all, and I would like a 4X. I would like something that gives me a good clear view of the target. I looked at the Sure Lock page, and there's no way I can justify $200+ for just the lens. For that price, I'll put the bow back on the shelf, and continue practicing with my 45 and my AR. Are there any reasonably priced 4x scopes out there that aren't blurry? For the lens and houseing I'd like to spend around $100 or less. If I had to, I could probably fabricate the housing on a lathe, but I'd rather buy it and save the effort.

Thanks!
    Mark

Default Not sure about good priced scopes

I have an 8 year old Bullseye 2X scope. I like to shoot with hunting pins more so I have not checked into any scopes. But you may check the classifieds on here. I you can not find anything there post WTB and see what happens maybe someone on here has one they would like to sell and then upgrade their own scope. Whatever you decide I hope you find what you want. Good luck.

Frank

"HONDA"

Think you are out of luck, even the HHA lens kit is $75 and thats after the initial 100-120 sight purchace. Just remember its only money and they will always make more.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default affordable scope

I just purchased a Viper Archery scope with a 3x lens and fiber optic up-pin for 115$. They also offer a drilled through lens with fiber optic pin. They offer lens magnifications up to 8x as well. For the money, you can't beat it. for about 130$ you get the scope, lens, sun shade and lens cover. It's a pretty good deal. You can check it out on the web at: www.obsessionarchery.com

Thanks for the feedback folks! I'd like to clarify a little bit more. I plan on purchasing a Toxonics sight to mount the scope to, but I'm not locked into the Toxonics. I'm just figuring another $100 or so ontop of the scope price for the sights. Obviously I'd be glad to spend less, but that's pretty much how my budget is set up.

My main goal is to have a scope that is clear. The old one that I have now is only 2x and it's always been VERY blurry. How clear are the HHA lenses and the Viper lenses?

Anyone tried the Trophy Ridge lens kit? That would fit my existing sight, but I would rather go to a smaller sight. I have 80 yards in my back yard, and with my Trophy Ridge, I start hitting the sight with the vanes at around 50 yards.

I'll post on the classifieds section also.

Thanks for all the advice! More is always welcome.
    Mark