You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the best compound bow if the price is not considered?

Hi, i'm looking for a new bow but i can't make up my mind about which one to buy. I dont realy care about the poundage, but i seriously need a very accurate bow. Please help!
    Last edited by Charlie 01; 03-10-2008 at 01:31 PM.

We're all going to have our own thoughts...I'm shooting the Switchback XT and I think its pretty good! Don't know about the best because there are many others out there...

Get to a shop and start shooting!

Can't go wrong with a Mathews!

Mathews Staff Shooter Northern Dutchess Archery & Sportsman Supply - www.ndarchery.com

TruBall & Axcel & Dead Center Archery Shooter Staff

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Seriously, there is no answer to this question - it's all personal preference.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Charlie 01

~Archery is 90% Mental
    ~There are a lot of good choices of equipment to choose from today

Find a good shop in your area that will give you great service then choose the bow that feels the best and one that you like.
    Have Fun

JDX--

I shoot a Mathews!

Switch Back Prestige Apex 7 Conquest 4

FIRST OFF LET ME SAY to the forum great to have you here with us.

I shoot a Mathews Switchback XT. And I have been beat by a PSE Nova. So its not the bow. I am just a crappy shot. But I don't care I love this game called archery. All manufacturers make some awesome bows you just need to shoot them and see what feels good to ya. Normally people say longer ATA and BH means more forgiving so therefore more accurate but its all about you and your mind. GOOD LUCK and sorry I could not help you out.

"HONDA"

You can spend 1000 for Hoyt rpoelite and still shoot it like a PSE Nova. You can buy a Nove and shoot it as good as a proelite.
    So for Hoyt Proelite is top of the line. Each company has a top of the line bow.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

The best bow is the one that feels right to you, BUT I guess I have to chime in and add LOVE MY ROSS!!!!!!!!!
    ROSS '37
    Doinker
    FBSA member

First of all welcome to the site.

Now for the question. None of us can say what is the best bow. First you have to determine what you wish to use it for. Hunting, 3d, spots or just going to the range for the good ol' time of it. I'm a little short s... and I prefer a smaller ATA as I only use mine for hunting and it is a little more convenient for me in the deer stand. Number one thing is to make sure you are PROPERLY fitted for the bow as far as your draw length is concerned. Everything kind of starts there. As for as the draw weight my preference is 60#'s using the 50/60# limbs. Don't get hooked into the macho "more weight is better" thing. Shoot what is comfortable to you. With the speed of the bows now it isn't as important as it used to be and I will guarentee you that your shoulders and arms will thank you in the years to come. Your arrows will be determined by your DL and your DW. Your budget and the feel of the individual bow will eventully determine which bow is best for you. Shoot as many as you can and you will figure out which bow feels the best to you. In essence, your bow will pick you out as much as you pick it. Having a good Pro shop to deal with is also a great thing to have in your corner. Any Pro shop worth it's salt will help you out a lot. Don't get hooked up on brand names as they all pretty well make good bows. Each has it's own Pros and Cons. You have to determine what feels the best. Remember you are the one putting out the money and are the one that will be shooting it, not us. Take your time and try a bunch of them. Good luck, Keep shooting and have fun with it. Once you get it, post pictures and the people on here will be glad to help you out as much as possible. Great bunch of guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie 01 View Post
    Hi, i'm looking for a new bow but i can't make up my mind about which one to buy. I dont realy care about the poundage, but i seriously need a very accurate bow. Please help!
    Anything with the letters H O Y T on the side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

I would stick with one of the big 3. Mathews,bowtech or hoyt but that is just me.

Rick
    No catchy signature here.....

Default unknown

I've only shot matthews and Hoyt. I own a Matthews MQ32 [no longer in production] which I like. Most of my friend owwn and swear by Matthews. One of which is a great white tail hunter has the same and is looking at Ross right now. I'm looking at limb saver or the new Mathews {forgot the name]. To me light weight, speed, and no strain After limb break for holding on target are important. I don't care for the switch back, but you can't go wrong with this and last years Matthews models

Default Ha

Quote Originally Posted by thehairlessone! View Post
    I would stick with one of the big 3. Mathews,bowtech or hoyt but that is just me.

Rick
    Why would you Call These The BIG 3
    Do all 3 sell more than or shoot more accurate or hold up better than a PSE?
    Please enlighten me, Why are these brands called the BIG 3?

BTT- shoot them all, and you tell us what you think is the best
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

dodgensince74

Rick
    don't let a statement like the one above put blinders on you, they are good bows but there are so many more out there that can do just as good a job as those listed above but that is something that you will have to find out for yourself. which by the way is half the fun, the other half is shooting the bow you choose.

you have many choices single cam , 2cam cam & 1/2, 2 1/2 cam darton that what I shot but they all fill differant don't get hook on names the top 3 darton, high country & martin if you are like the rest of us it not going to matter because you buy a new one every year any how

Thanks for all the advice, i have tried a few of the brands mentioned and i personaly found the hoyt ultra elite to be the bow that suited me the best. It seems realy smooth and there is very little vibration.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Thanks for all the advice, i have tried a few of the brands mentioned and i personaly found the hoyt ultra elite to be the bow that suited me the best. It seems realy smooth and there is very little vibration.
    Sounds like you have your answer. Go for it.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

My advise is for you to try out the Drenalin LD. I have a 30.5" DL, pulling 69#'s and a 410grain A/C/C 3-60 arrow and I get NO shock and virtually NO vibration relative to other bows I have shot or own. This is a very accurate bow as well due to the longer A-to-A. ...and btw, I do NOT use a stabilizer. It does not need one. Another thought is the Mathews Apex Conquest and Apex 7 have won many shoots in the past and have been calibered as "very accurate" bows due to their long A-to-A as well.

dodgensince74

looks like you made your choice.

If money is no issue and I was looking for an accurate bow design...strictly accuracy mind you, it would have to be a Barnsdale target bow.

Rick
    yea he is right, but hoyt should be on the top................. Naa man it is what you like! Shoot them all!!!
    HoYt TRYKON.........Enough said!!!!!!!

Referral Link for Hoyt1986 http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8025