You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Talking First "Robin Hood"

I'm still grinning like an idiot.

So I was warming up for a 3D shoot on Saturday. I hadn't shot from further than 20 yards, so I had to set my 30 & 40 yard pins. I moved over to the 35 yard practice lane and shot 5 arrows. As I walked up with the other guy shooting the other corner of the target, I could only see 4 of my arrows. I stated I must have missed, and they guy replies Ha, not hardly, look closer. I stood there like an idiot for a while. This was more sweet than bitter as I had just purchased the new arrows the night before.

Is this very common? I was shooting the night before and they guy next to me suggested to flip my target over and shoot the 5 spot as my grouping was getting pretty good.

What a BLAST!!!

I didn't do horrible at the 3D shot either.

I love this sport.

-Two Shoes
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

Congrats!.......I hope you have many more!
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

yeah not to many though, gets expensive.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Srry new to archery here, but what kind of arrows were u using? Is a Robin Hood even possible with aluminum arrows? Pardon my ignorance cuz that's what I got on my recurve.

I mean I've got plenty of "double taps" (arrows hitting the spot on the target right next to another forming a sort of "8", a term from firearms shooting) b4, but it be really cool, if I could score a Robin H.
    "When the going gets tough, the tough gets SHOOTING!!"

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Hypnotikk,

I'm using the Gold Tip Hunter Expeditions 3555. (carbon) First thought was "How cool is this?" Second thought "How will I explain this to the wife with a hugely positive spin so I can buy more arrows?"
    LOL

-Two Shoes
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

You can do it with Alum. or carbon but like they say it can get pretty expensive. Good shooting Two_Shoes time to start hitting the 5 spots.

MoBowman ```---------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

I just got my wife a new bow two weeks ago. She's never shot a bow before but she wanted to try it.

On the first day at the range she did a robin hood. Wow!! She's liking archery.

We go again the next day. Boom another robin hood. Wow! I think.

On the third time out no robin hood - her whisker biscut loosened up so she was all over the place.

On the fourth time out- whisker biscut is fixed - boom another robin hood. OK this is getting out of hand. We had a dozen arrows now we're down to 6.

We're going to the range tonight but I'm making her shoot a 5 spot target.

Can anyone show me a picture of a Robin Hood, both with carbon and alluminum arrows?

cool stuff, most of the arrows today are not as hard to robinhood as the old swedged aluminum arrows were, i have only had one of those, in about 14 years of shooting, the new style carbons with the uni bushings and the aluminum arrows with the uni bushings, are not as tough, ill try to get some pics up here of my swedged arrow robinhodd its really cool, I shot it at 20 yards with a pse thunder flight express at 87 lbs, sunk it in about 9 inches down the inside of the shaft, the arrows were 2114 xx78s 24 inches long with 5 inch fletches. the date on the vane was 2/18/1992.

Quote Originally Posted by slow
    I just got my wife a new bow two weeks ago. She's never shot a bow before but she wanted to try it.

On the first day at the range she did a robin hood. Wow!! She's liking archery.

We go again the next day. Boom another robin hood. Wow! I think.

On the third time out no robin hood - her whisker biscut loosened up so she was all over the place.

On the fourth time out- whisker biscut is fixed - boom another robin hood. OK this is getting out of hand. We had a dozen arrows now we're down to 6.

We're going to the range tonight but I'm making her shoot a 5 spot target.
    Dude, you need to put up your bow and become her manager! That's awesome!! Nothing like doing that to really get you fired up for shooting a bow. Man, it was years before I got my first one..

Robin Hoods are cool.. for about the first two or three times then you start thinking of all the money you just split in half. Last year I had four, and the best one was at the ASA state shoot here in Arkansas. Before this year, I was shooting cheap Redhead carbon arrows becasue I didn't mind to loose those while 3Ding and they only cost about $30 a dozen when they run them on sale. We were done shooting our round and were practicing on the bag along side this guy who was obviously sponsored, I'm not one to really point fingers but this guy was having trouble keeping a 2" group at 20 yards with his $3000 setup and griping to his Dad about how his $100 a half dozen arrows aren't flying like they should and my buddy was standing next to him on the firing line and slapping shafts all over the place with a switchback that he uses for hunting and gold tip XT's... Anyway, were all standing there shooting spots on the bags and I sling one down at the 40 yard target.. Then another, and I hear that weird "squishy" sound of carbon being split.. This sponsored guy is standing next to me and my buddy is on the other side.. I asked by buddy "Did I just do what I think I did.." and he said "Yup."

So, as we're walking back from the bags and we get to the firing line.. I was holding my newly Robin Hooded arrow up and commenting to my buddy how you can buy those cheap $30 a dozen Redheads at any Bass Pro shops... Of course, this didn't make the sponsored guy too happy and he soon left..

Couldn't do that again in a million years, but it was great timing on that particular one.
    "It's closer than it looks, but farther than it appears." - Yeah, I said that.

great story NE1C, would have liked to see that guy, ill be he dosent tell that story!!!

Thanx. Google ain't much help. I keep getting pictures of "Robin Hood" the man.

Default Heres a pic from another forum

Its a double RH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 robin hoods.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	280 - t3h 3d shoots  

"HONDA"