You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Should we add New Forum categories?

I have been thinking about adding a couple new categories to the forum.

The one I am thinking about is ATVs. It seems a lot of people use ATVs for hunting and I thought it might be good to talk about different ATVs, the pros and cons, etc.

Any thoughts from the forum members?
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Thumbs up

I think that would be really good but I dont know if it would get much traffic untill hunting season I know I am thinking about getting a new one this summer. Lets just hope the Polaris and Artic Cat discusions dont end up like the Mathews and Hoyt discussions
    06 Switchback XT
    70#
    Mathews Micro Drop Away
    Dead Nuts Hunter 5-pin
    Carter Solution 3

Considering the name of this site is 3D Shoots I would think there is a need for more 3D and target info.

There are plenty of sites attributed to hunting and hunting equipment. Frankly I get tired of reading the "What's the best broadhead" , etc. when there are 9-10 months of shooting other than hunting season.

In the classifieds, I'd like to see a section for cams and limbs, once things really take off!

I still think the "Tales of the hunt" type section would be neat. I havent seen it on another site, and if theres one thing I know that hunters love to talk about, its their hunts, both past and present. And a lot of these stories are fun to listen to. Would be a unique part of this site.
    2006 Hoyt UltraTec
    Spot Hogg Hogg-It
    Muzzy Zero Effect
    STS Front Mount
    Winners Choice Strings And Cables
    MD Custom Bow Slings
    Fletcher True Peep 1/4
    Muzzy 100 Grain 3 Blade

Atv's are a good idea, and you know what bring on the "artic crap" and "pull it behind you aris", Cuz we all know that the Suzuki Vinson is the best atv hands down, no competitors. And I know this cuz its the first one I have ever owned and It just has to be the best if I bought it.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default Suzuki???

Best?? and I guess you own a Mathews bow?? Im just kidding I know how touchy you people are. I liked the idea of the hunting stories too but man that would be alot of typeing. What about a hunting accesories Forum where you could discuss ATV, Tree stands, Camo, you know hunting gear like a rip off game buggy that does extremly well if you hunt in flat open feilds where you could just go pick it up on the ATV but in the mountians you gotta drag it and the deer over trees, stumps, and through thickets.
    06 Switchback XT
    70#
    Mathews Micro Drop Away
    Dead Nuts Hunter 5-pin
    Carter Solution 3

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I have been thinking about adding a couple new categories to the forum.

The one I am thinking about is ATVs. It seems a lot of people use ATVs for hunting and I thought it might be good to talk about different ATVs, the pros and cons, etc.

Any thoughts from the forum members?
    I would have to agree that adding a board about ATV's would surely direct more traffic here from searches on Google, and other search engines.

But......Would those searches enhance these forums?

Where are you wanting these forums to go?
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

I want the forum to grow. That said, I want it to improve the forum not just increase traffic. If the members don't want this type of forum I will not add it. We'll see what the majority thinks and hopefully they will voice an opinion.

I think Jbutler is right, a little better category breakdown of the classifieds might be good.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Maybe try adding a few threads about atv's in the off topic section and go from there, that section does not seem to get much notice. At least you could see the quality of the conversation before you commited to something that may turn out evil, and dirty.

Default I have a few.

You could have one called the 3d range forum.
    Fita/Feild/spots forum
    Tuning/Equipment forum?
    I would like to see a page that has all the arrow spine selection charts on it,no one offers that.
    Atv section would be alright,I just think it would not be something that I would always get on myself,but,some people obviously are into that.
    A Archery/hunting video/pics forum would be awesome,I like seeing cool footage/trailcam pics,don't everyone?

Pics section sounds like a good one, But put in sub catigories for things such as animals, really interesting shot senarios. Things like that.

Im all in for the hunting story section, i like to read hunting storys, it should be a free for all section though, as for if my son draws his elk permit for guns this year, ill be wanting to tell you all about it and post some pics!!!!! Ive got the bull spotted! even after season here was over i went and scouted him, he lives to see anouther year!!! i know its archery on here, but hes only 12 and this will be his first year hunting, and hes not ready for bow hunting yet!!! I cant wait!!! anyways, just an idea!!

Junior Member yeah..I shoot like a girl's Avatar

Well I like the idea for the ATV's and for the hunting stories. I don't hunt but my husband does and I know that he LOVES telling his stories. Believe me I have heard them a million times..lol! No, but really I like hearing hunting stories and Corey does too. We also have ATV's and wouldn't mind talking about that as well.

By any chance would that atv be PINK?

Junior Member yeah..I shoot like a girl's Avatar

No its not pink...its purple!! lol! No, they are both red!

LeftyPa

I am looking for a left hand target bow. when I look in bows for sale We lefties have to read all imfo before we find out they left that out.Sooo I would like to see a --every thing left hand forum.

Thanks Chris
    L_Pa

how about thing for junior archers? Get more kids to talk about archery. In fact I haven't found any other archers on this site around my age.
    I shoot bare bow compound.( Sights gets in the was of my veiw.)