You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: classes

Default classes

i shoot asa and i shoot a 30 inch stabilizer with fixed pins and my club tells me that i have to shoot open class. asa rules say that i can shoot unlimited,but my club only has release and open class no unlimited class what class do i shoot in.

Quote Originally Posted by new3-dshooter
    i shoot asa and i shoot a 30 inch stabilizer with fixed pins and my club tells me that i have to shoot open class. asa rules say that i can shoot unlimited,but my club only has release and open class no unlimited class what class do i shoot in.

maybe your club should look into more classes if your club says open then shoot open and show them how it's done.

I think you'll find that most clubs these days are not going by all the different classes that traditionally have been set by IBO and others. Main reason is the numbers of shooters that are not showing up for the shoots. I gets pretty difficult to have a dozen different classes and only about 60 shooters. Just dosen't make sence to have all these different classes IMO.

MoBowman ```---------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

We get an average of 35 guys at the shoots for the year. Not alot of guys on a consistant basis either so if we had more than two main classes than we would never get enough guys in one class to give awards. We go by open and top gun.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Hello, I am VERY new to this and am not even sure if I have posted a message properly........... can someone please help. I am new to the archery scene and would like to either join a club or find people in my area that are interested in getting together somewhere to shoot. Thank you-Slade

Default Welcome

WELCOME to 3DSHOOTS slade Where are you from? What kind of bow are you shooting(recurve,compound). What kind of shooting are you interested in (indoors,3D,field,hunting). Do you have any Archery Proshops around you? They can help you get setup with proper draw length,proper draw weight,style of bow. They will also probably have a list of shoots around your area. Some have indoor ranges or outdoor ranges or both. The best bet is to find a Proshop and go from there. If you have any questions at all just post them here and we will try to help you out. Lots of good guys on here that love to help fellow archers out. Good luck and have fun

"HONDA"

Default Thank you for your help

Frank, I just realized you had responded to my need for help. Thank you very much, it just all seems a bit overwhelming, but I really want to do this.

Just a small bio of me. For one, I am a girl, second I am a transplant from Australia, and recently relocated to NC.

I have always had an interest in Archery, but simply never followed through and now I think it's time to do just that.

Again thank you for the feed back and I look forward to realizing this small goal of mine.

Slade