You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Mission X5. This bow is "Top of the Lne" and "Decked Out" according to the website.

Camo riser, string silencers, zebra strings.........MSRP $559

Mission X4. This bow will "Get your Attention" according to the website.

Same features....less riser cut outs..........MSRP $449

Journey. At least it has parallel limbs.

Same features....better looking riser.......MSRP $599

X3. Finally, a bow in this price range with a fully machined (not cast or extruded) riser. (What machining? It is a solid piece of aluminum with 6 small round holes and a big fat grip. )

Same features...minus camo on the riser.....MSRP $379

Buckmasters. Basically an '05 switchback without the harmonic dampeners

No price listed, but I'm sure its MSRP is well over $600.

I'm sorry to offend all the fanboys....but if you are recommending a Mission bow over a Martin...you are a Mathews nazi.....nothing more.....nothin less. Stick to promoting your Mathews....they make a nice bow.
    Last edited by jcmorgan31; 03-24-2008 at 04:07 PM.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    Mission X5. This bow is "Top of the Lne" and "Decked Out" according to the website.

seriously?

Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Mission X4. This bow will "Get your Attention" according to the website.

Same features....less riser cut outs..........MSRP $449

Journey. At least it has parallel limbs.

Same features....better looking riser.......MSRP $599

X3. Finally, a bow in this price range with a fully machined (not cast or extruded) riser. (What machining? It is a solid piece of aluminum with 6 small round holes and a big fat grip. )

Same features...minus camo on the riser.....MSRP $379

Buckmasters. Basically an '05 switchback without the harmonic dampeners

No price listed, but I'm sure its MSRP is well over $600.

I'm sorry to offend all the fanboys....but if you are recommending a Mission bow over a Martin...you are a Mathews nazi.....nothing more.....nothin less. Stick to promoting your Mathews....they make a nice bow.
    Spoke to our Local Mathews Retailer who states that he doesn't think the mission line will be around next year. He said that Mathew's mission's are about as successful as PSE's AR line was. Says that for the money people are just buying used Mathews, high end PSE's, or Parkers.

He said, basically people want to see a roller guard and harmonic dampeners when you say they are made by Mathews.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by clemenlp View Post
    Spoke to our Local Mathews Retailer who states that he doesn't think the mission line will be around next year. He said that Mathew's mission's are about as successful as PSE's AR line was. Says that for the money people are just buying used Mathews, high end PSE's, or Parkers.

He said, basically people want to see a roller guard and harmonic dampeners when you say they are made by Mathews.
    I just think they are low end bows with a higher than necessary price tag. You can take Martin out of the line up and still find much better buys with other companies. I'm amazed they made it this long....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Ya, I wasn't really impressed with it when I looked at them. Didn't even have a desire to shoot one. I feel there are much better bows out there for the same or less money.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

The Pantera is gone this year; just eeking outside your price limit is the MOAB which is much nicer to handle. Light, good in the hand shock dept., MPro has a nice draw curve - just not a speedster.
    Last edited by dbdcougar; 03-24-2008 at 06:22 PM.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    The Pantera is gone this year; just eeking outside your price limit is the MOAB which is much nicer to handle. Light, good in the hand shock dept., MPro has a nice draw curve - just not a speedster.
    What do you mean out of his price range??? It is right ther before tax....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Slippy and Justin pushin Martin Koolaid again.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Slippy and Justin pushin Martin Koolaid again.
    Better than pushing Mathews sewer water just because of a name there Frank...

I even said to remove Martin from the choices and there are still a bunch of brands that are better values than a Mission.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

I just think they are low end bows with a higher than necessary price tag. You can take Martin out of the line up and still find much better buys with other companies. I'm amazed they made it this long....
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
    Good post.
    I need a smiley with this one.... are you or
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

No one mentioned bear archery. They have some nice stuff under $400.00. I just got a truth off ebay for $335. new in the box.

I like my Mission because it's light, draws easy and is shock free. I'm not particularly a fan of parallel limb bows. The added riser length makes the bow heaviier than I like. Yes, it is an older Mathews riser design paired with a Switchback style cam. The grip is a little thick but I took it off and am shooting off the riser. If liking it more than the Martins makes me a Mathews nazi in your eyes, then so be it..... By the way, I didn't recommend it over the Martin I just said Slippy should give it a try.

I looked at the Cheetah and Bengal. They are both heavier than I like and the grip area is too thick, plus the Cheetah wont make my drawlength. They're well made bows though and I'm sure they are very good sellers for Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    I like my Mission because it's light, draws easy and is shock free. I'm not particularly a fan of parallel limb bows. The added riser length makes the bow heaviier than I like. Yes, it is an older Mathews riser design paired with a Switchback style cam. The grip is a little thick but I took it off and am shooting off the riser. If liking it more than the Martins makes me a Mathews nazi in your eyes, then so be it..... By the way, I didn't recommend it over the Martin I just said Slippy should give it a try.

I looked at the Cheetah and Bengal. They are both heavier than I like and the grip area is too thick, plus the Cheetah wont make my drawlength. They're well made bows though and I'm sure they are very good sellers for Martin.

Nazi......

Like I said.....take Martin out of the line up and there are still better values. At least there are bows with more bells and whistles for the money.

I guarentee you the grip area on an '08 Martin is smaller than the Mission grips.

If you like it and you feel like you got enough bow for the money....then awesome. I can't really argue with that.

I just listed a whole bunch of features for $349 and the Mathews mafia started chiming in with the Mission nonsense. Not one person has listed all the features you get for the money.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    here we go, another basher. Paul, I didn't expect that from you.
    Hell buddy, I'm not bashing you, I wouldn't do that. O.K., lets just say from the amount of bows I see around here(and I see a bunch), I might see 2 or 3 Martins all year. And thats no B.S.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

Best bow under 400 bucks , thats easy , buy a used mathews on Ebay
    Last edited by UPSTATE; 03-24-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson

Better than pushing Mathews sewer water just because of a name
    Man, Justin
    That just plain hurts

JDX--

Quote Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
    Better than pushing Mathews sewer water just because of a name
    Man, Justin
    That just plain hurts

JDX--
    dont worry JEFF, he was really digging and clawing for that one
    I cut things up and split them down!

Why are some of you guys saying that because somebody actually SHOT a Mission and liked it think that they are Mathews 'Nazis' ?

I can ask that question respectfully since I own 1 Mathews and 2 Bowtechs. Each bow is for a certain purpose and all three of them seem to be what the doctor ordered. 1 hunting, 1 indoor and 1 3D.

Did any of you guys blasting Mathews 'Nazis' ever shoot any of the Mission bows ? If you did, post up your honest, and I mean honest, opinion about how they shot. Make a useful contribution, not wether or not the 'riser looked good' or 'I was never a fan of parallel limbs anyway'. Did any of you guys shoot a Martin Bengal or Cheetah ? They are nice too, but have a lot more shock and vibration, to me anyway, than any of the Missions.... Come on, post up some comparisions and useful information that Slippy can actually use...

And, why would anybody say that the best bow is buying a used Mathews on eBay ? What model ? What Year ? What draw weight/length ?

Does anyone know what Slippy is using the bow for ?

Slippy ? Can you give us more information on what you are trying to accomplish ?

There are a lot of nice bows out there however the best bow for a person is the one they like the best and feels the best to them and gets them the best result for the purpose they are using the bow for.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

SUPERB POST RON..............

I personally HAVE shot a MISSION X3 and its great SMOOTH shooting bow for the money.......

SORRY TO BURST THE BASHERS BUBBLES
    I cut things up and split them down!