You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    SUPERB POST RON..............

I personally HAVE shot a MISSION X3 and its great SMOOTH shooting bow for the money.......

SORRY TO BURST THE BASHERS BUBBLES
    Thanks bud, I was not trying to develop a 'sermon' but that's what it turned out to be.

Problem is that you can't tell if it's bashing or not since posting/emails/PM's have no 'inflection'... It's easier to have a good conversation over a beer or two and a card game. Hard to do when we're all spread out....

I just get tired of the "this is better than that" stuff. I experience it with my buddies all the time. The "Gold Tip vs. Easton" argument has had me laughing for the last 2 years...

The important thing is that we're in a sport that needs to grow and helping people in USEFUL ways is a lot more helpful than communicating things out of emotion.

Guys, be wise about the fact that we like this sport. We need to be ambassadors for it and support it and take a lot of the nonsense based emotion out of it. Of course, doing all that without having fun is a balancing act but we need to just try and help people get into the sport and STAY in the sport...

The Mission bows are nice. I'm not sure which model name I shot. It had a camo riser and black limbs with a WB rest on it and no sight. I shot it 10-12 times I guess and I thought it was very smooth and nice to shoot. Pretty nice, smooth and really light and easy to handle. I'd recommend that somebody try one out. Oops, I already did....

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Well.....I still like you guys anyway......

Now you know how I fell every time a Martin thread is started.......
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

I just picked up a new vulcan for $400 on AT. You can't beat that for $400. It is a shooter for having such a short brace height. Can't wait to chase some birds with it.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Looks to me like you Ron and Frank were the first to start your normal bash Martin rhetoric. All I had done up to that point was list the Mission "features" off the website and list the MSRP's.

I asked for some mission features that justifies $400 + msrp's but I ain't getting any. Just some preaching and Smokes ain't even joined in.

If you want to see some real bashing go here.....

http://www.thefbsa.com/my_phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=33

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    SUPERB POST RON..............

I personally HAVE shot a MISSION X3 and its great SMOOTH shooting bow for the money.......

SORRY TO BURST THE BASHERS BUBBLES
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Also remember the lower priced martins are 3 piece risers the Mission and most other brands are one piece.
    07 Hoyt 38Ultra 62# 27.5"
    06 Hoyt UltraElite 50# 27.5

Quote Originally Posted by UltraElite 06 View Post
    Also remember the martins are 3 piece risers the Mission and most other brands are one piece.
    Is that a negative? If so....state the reasons why. It is my understanding that the steel pins and screws actually make for the strongets parts of the Martin riser.

The savings in wasted aluminum during the machining allows Martin to offer all the other "real" features for a much lower price than the rest.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

the reason the 3 piece riser bow are less expensive is because it is a cheaper way of making the riser you need smaller billets of aluminum and there is less waist. One piece is a more costly way to make riser. It is also a stronger riser less areas that can potentially wear and have slop. And a 10 dollar string stop would not make me buy a bow just because it has it.
    Last edited by UltraElite 06; 03-24-2008 at 10:53 PM.
    07 Hoyt 38Ultra 62# 27.5"
    06 Hoyt UltraElite 50# 27.5

Hey JC, I was not bashing Martins at all and I have never come close to bashing a bow brand or model. All I said was the the Bengal and Cheetah had more shock to me than the Mission I shot. To me is how that felt. Could feel different to you or Slippy or Bunnyboy on any given day.

My real point is that everybody feels differently about different bows, after you ACTUALLY shoot them. I shot a Hoyt a few times over the past couple of years and I though they were rough as a 5 day face-stubble on the draw cycle. Problem with bashing them is that guys like Dave Cousins and the like who shoot Hoyts can out shoot us with their eyes closed and 20 yards behind us.

Something to think about.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    I need a smiley with this one.... are you or
    yeah I may have been slightly "off" my game

Here ya go Justin --> Best New Bow for under $400??? - General Archery Forum
    This work?

On a serious note though; I dont know much about tax write offs but I have a feeling thats why Mission was created, for that exact reason. I know their "mission" wasnt to create a under-priced Mathews bow or the price tag would/should be at the very minuimum half of what was stated.
    Last edited by archer1983; 03-24-2008 at 11:15 PM.

I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
    yeah I may have been slightly "off" my game

Here ya go Justin --> Best New Bow for under $400??? - General Archery Forum
    This work?
    That's hilarious....

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    That's hilarious....

Ron
    Glad you think so. Everytime I look at it I almost have a seizure. Best New Bow for under $400??? - General Archery Forum

Quote Originally Posted by UltraElite 06 View Post
    the reason the 3 piece riser bow are less expensive is because it is a cheaper way of making the riser you need smaller billets of aluminum and there is less waist. One piece is a more costly way to make riser. It is also a stronger riser less areas that can potentially wear and have slop. And a 10 dollar string stop would not make me buy a bow just because it has it.
    Dont just tell me one piece risers are stonger. Prove it. I've heard otherwise...

That is like me stating as fact that Hoyt produces split limbs because it is cheaper and they make more money from the reduced waste. No wait...that wouldn't be the same because their bows aren't cheaper too.....
    Last edited by jcmorgan31; 03-24-2008 at 11:34 PM.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

I typed "Ron" but I meant "Paul". Sorry Ron.....you've always been pretty neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Hey JC, I was not bashing Martins at all and I have never come close to bashing a bow brand or model. All I said was the the Bengal and Cheetah had more shock to me than the Mission I shot. To me is how that felt. Could feel different to you or Slippy or Bunnyboy on any given day.

My real point is that everybody feels differently about different bows, after you ACTUALLY shoot them. I shot a Hoyt a few times over the past couple of years and I though they were rough as a 5 day face-stubble on the draw cycle. Problem with bashing them is that guys like Dave Cousins and the like who shoot Hoyts can out shoot us with their eyes closed and 20 yards behind us.

Something to think about.

Ron
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Well.....I still like you guys anyway......

Now you know how I fell every time a Martin thread is started.......
    Even if we're Nazis? you should pick better friends....

Quote Originally Posted by RONHOP View Post
    "And, why would anybody say that the best bow is buying a used Mathews on eBay ? What model ? What Year ? What draw weight/length ?"
    Why would I say that? Because I believe it to be good advice. I think Mathews makes the best bow and if you only have 400 bucks to spend then go used. Ebay is a good source. I have bought 2 mathews on ebay and everybody is extremely happy with both of them. They were purchased for young (poor) hunters I brought into the great sport of bowhunting.Get the weight and draw that fits you,Get what model and year you like or can afford. Certainly Slippy will do some research on his own.
    Last edited by UPSTATE; 03-24-2008 at 11:59 PM.
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    Even if we're Nazis? you should pick better friends....
    Dude...my last name is German. I'm naturally attracted to your kind....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

shot a Mission Journey just the other day when i was at the local shop.It felt a lot like my buddies not too old Switchback. Not a bad shooting or feeling bow by any stretch of the imagination.

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I have to agree on the Bengal being heavy. Another moderately priced bow I liked was a friend's Reflex Bighorn - felt good, liked the draw cycle. That's the thing this is all opinion and personal preference. You could take any of these out this fall and come back with a whitetail. I can't help but wonder if the Martin bashing isn't driven by what goes on at that other site - they make a moderately priced bow offering a pretty good value for the price; but are they perfect, no - but none are.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Looks to me like you Ron and Frank were the first to start your normal bash Martin rhetoric. All I had done up to that point was list the Mission "features" off the website and list the MSRP's.

I asked for some mission features that justifies $400 + msrp's but I ain't getting any. Just some preaching and Smokes ain't even joined in.

If you want to see some real bashing go here.....

http://www.thefbsa.com/my_phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=33
    I was not bashing Martin. I was saying you and Slippy are pushing KoolAid.

"HONDA"