You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Bow Questions

Default Bow Questions

Hi, I'm new to 3D, well I'm new to the sport. I revieved my new bow today, an 07 Boetech Guardian, 50/60 draw weight 29" draw. The bow came with a Tru-Glow 4 pin sight, and a W/B rest. I'm wanting to shoot 3D. As I'm new to the sport I'm looking for ideas on how to set this bow up. I don't want to buy a bunch of junk that I'll have to replace later. So any Input would be apprecated.

Thanks

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Thumbs up

Sounds to me like you're good to go. You may want to change to a fall away rest or you may want a different sight etc later on but I'd recommend you shoot some courses for a while then decide what you want to change. Go have fun.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    Sounds to me like you're good to go. You may want to change to a fall away rest or you may want a different sight etc later on but I'd recommend you shoot some courses for a while then decide what you want to change. Go have fun.
    +1

You have a great bow. You may want to upgrade the rest at some point, to a Rip Cord, QAD, or Trophy Taker. Lots of great sights out there. I like my MBG Flash Point, for it's bright pins ( and they are made local ), but you may want a micro adjust type. No reason not to shoot what ya brung for now.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyd9967 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to 3D, well I'm new to the sport. I revieved my new bow today, an 07 Boetech Guardian, 50/60 draw weight 29" draw. The bow came with a Tru-Glow 4 pin sight, and a W/B rest. I'm wanting to shoot 3D. As I'm new to the sport I'm looking for ideas on how to set this bow up. I don't want to buy a bunch of junk that I'll have to replace later. So any Input would be apprecated.

Thanks
    Oh my god .... that guardain is no good ....nothin says rookie like a bowtech. Tell you what I'll do.....send me that bowtech and I'll trade you a nice Fred Bear bow even up.

Just funnin.....

Sounds like you got a great start on a good set up. Shoot it for awhile, it won't take long for you to figure out what you want to up grade.

Oh, and

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Oh my god .... that guardain is no good ....nothin says rookie like a bowtech. Tell you what I'll do.....send me that bowtech and I'll trade you a nice Fred Bear bow even up.

Just funnin.....

Sounds like you got a great start on a good set up. Shoot it for awhile, it won't take long for you to figure out what you want to up grade.

Oh, and

you had me going for a minute
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    you had me going for a minute
    Hehehe.. Had me going there too!