You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    HBH Admin.
    BT Guardian."AWESOME BOW"
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

It's really no surprise that with todays instant gratification generation, we can't get a kid to go out and show patience waiting on an animal that might not show up. Kids today want everything their little hearts desire and they want it NOW. I think most of it stems from the split family homes where mom and dad divorce and then compete for their kids love by buying them expensive gifts to out do the other. The kids get everything they want, materialistically speaking.

That is not the only problem out there. Hunters in record numbers are walking away from the sport because there are far fewer places to hunt and fish. States are reducing the amount of public land available to hunt in favor of other land users who do not foot the bill for that land. As an example, Virginia is currently battling for the Sunday hunting right. The horse riders groups are fighting fiercly for this to NOT happen, yet the horse riders pay no money to the state for the right to ride on public land, nor do the bird watchers, wildlife photographers, or hikers. The state continues to raise hunting and fishing license costs (mine jumped $32 last year from the year before), hunters are the only ones who pay the bill.

Urban sprall and civil litigation has reduce the opportunity for private land hunting to those occations when you have known the land for some time, or you are willing to dish out significant amounts of cash for the tresspass rights. This doesn't even take into account the "Hunting Buisness" of Outfitters who charge thousands of dollars to hunt. With the price of gas and equipment on a steady rise, it is no wonder that hunting is taking a back seat to buying food for the family, paying for kids collage, and putting gas in the tank to get you to and from work. Being in the Navy, I don't make a lot of money, so I have to make a lot of choices to be able to go hunting. I don't own video games, have the cheapest cell phone, a 9 year old computer, an 8 year old truck, a 9 year old bow(that I bought used), the list goes on. If it wasn't for hunting opportunities on base, I don't know how much I would be able to hunt. My point is most people don't like making those kinds of sacrifices to go hunt.

Sorry about the rant. My relief has reset.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

I cant get any of my kids into the woods, my oldest is an excellent shot but he has no interest.

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

Hunting is boring to this generation. I have 2 boys and they need stimulation which they do not get when sitting in a tree for 2 hours and not seeing anything except tree rats and birds. I keep telling them when you get the adrenaline pumping watching a deer come in from 100+ yards there is nothing like it.

"HONDA"

You have to get them to have fun. I have twin 11 year olds that have been going with me since they were 5 years old. In the past 3 years between the 2 they have killed 8 deers. When they get bored go home. Let them hunt other things when they want not just deers. Mine love to do it all but I think it was because when they was young and wanted to leave after 30 minutes we did. Now they can outstay me.

Quote Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
    It's really no surprise that with todays instant gratification generation, we can't get a kid to go out and show patience waiting on an animal that might not show up. Kids today want everything their little hearts desire and they want it NOW. I think most of it stems from the split family homes where mom and dad divorce and then compete for their kids love by buying them expensive gifts to out do the other. The kids get everything they want, materialistically speaking.

That is not the only problem out there. Hunters in record numbers are walking away from the sport because there are far fewer places to hunt and fish. States are reducing the amount of public land available to hunt in favor of other land users who do not foot the bill for that land. As an example, Virginia is currently battling for the Sunday hunting right. The horse riders groups are fighting fiercly for this to NOT happen, yet the horse riders pay no money to the state for the right to ride on public land, nor do the bird watchers, wildlife photographers, or hikers. The state continues to raise hunting and fishing license costs (mine jumped $32 last year from the year before), hunters are the only ones who pay the bill.

Urban sprall and civil litigation has reduce the opportunity for private land hunting to those occations when you have known the land for some time, or you are willing to dish out significant amounts of cash for the tresspass rights. This doesn't even take into account the "Hunting Buisness" of Outfitters who charge thousands of dollars to hunt. With the price of gas and equipment on a steady rise, it is no wonder that hunting is taking a back seat to buying food for the family, paying for kids collage, and putting gas in the tank to get you to and from work. Being in the Navy, I don't make a lot of money, so I have to make a lot of choices to be able to go hunting. I don't own video games, have the cheapest cell phone, a 9 year old computer, an 8 year old truck, a 9 year old bow(that I bought used), the list goes on. If it wasn't for hunting opportunities on base, I don't know how much I would be able to hunt. My point is most people don't like making those kinds of sacrifices to go hunt.

Sorry about the rant. My relief has reset.
    good rant.
    I was also USN.
    yeah, i made teh mistake of geting the kids video games,.
    migth try what kebees4 suggested.
    funny thing is that my 8 yr old daughter wants to go,,i am looking into taking here, but here in CA, the decent spots are 2-3 hrs away, she still needs to complete her hunter safety course & that is scheduled for June.
    HBH Admin.
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

My boy's prefer hunting/ fishing & baseball over video games.

Quote Originally Posted by kebees4 View Post
    My boy's prefer hunting/ fishing & baseball over video games.

lucky you.
    HBH Admin.
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    lucky you.
    real lucky, although my brother is getting to enjoy 3d's more and more......
    I cut things up and split them down!

MathewsMan

When I was little my dad couldn't get me out of the woods....skipping school happened a lot with me....lol still managed to get good grades though...just not good attendance

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    real lucky, although my brother is getting to enjoy 3d's more and more......
    I love 3-d, i will never win a competition, but still love going thru the course.
    HBH Admin.
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

I keep hearing this but in Michigan we have a ton of hunters..I have more guys bowhunting around me than ever before.. You go north and its pumpkin suite city.. Hunting is still very strong in Michigan..This year our firearm opener will be on a Saturday..It will be crazy!!!!
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

i've been out three days in a row (public land) & only saw 2 other hunters on the road going in( they were gunners)