You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default Sure-Loc Arrow Rests

    OK, I'm giving up on my NAP QT 3000 rest on the 82nd Airborne. It just will not work without some significant mods, which I won't do since then I'll probably not be able to sell it...

    Anyone have any experience with the relatively new Sure-Loc rests ? I'm considering the BearTrap, which is a drop away style with an arrow 'keeper'.

    Any advice or experience would be appreciated. I spoke with a Sure-Loc tech and he said I would be good to go with the Bowtech specific mount (Bowtech risers on some of the new bows are really thick, like on the 82nd) and you can tie the actuation cord to the downward moving cable... The Sure-Loc catalog and WEB site are a little deceiving in that it implies that you can only use it with a cable slide setup, since it includes a cable slide. It turns out that's not true, the downward moving cable can be used as well.

    Any thoughts or opinions ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  2. #2
    Slippy for President Hook Em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    At Home in Texas
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    I didn't even know sure loc made rests
    Hook 'Em Horns

  3. #3
    Buckeyes #1 <---- Slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lithopolis Ohio
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
    I didn't even know sure loc made rests
    they are mostly known for making target sights Hook.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

  4. #4
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    they are mostly known for making target sights Hook.


    BAM TAKE THAT
    I cut things up and split them down!

  5. #5
    Buckeyes #1 <---- Slippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lithopolis Ohio
    Posts
    1,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post


    BAM TAKE THAT


    Are you smoking meth again?
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

  6. #6
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post


    Are you smoking meth again?
    NOPE................
































    BONG WATER

    just saying
    I cut things up and split them down!

  7. #7
    Ninja Fighting Fool trussoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    932

    Default

    bong water will whack a few million brain cells pretty quick, be careful its potent stuff. QAD Utra Rest is a great rest and there is one in the classifieds here for a great price. Come to think of it ask Bunny about it.

    FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

  8. #8
    Slippy for President Hook Em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    At Home in Texas
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trussoni View Post
    bong water will whack a few million brain cells pretty quick, be careful its potent stuff. QAD Utra Rest is a great rest and there is one in the classifieds here for a great price. Come to think of it ask Bunny about it.
    I thought you could only snort bong water
    Hook 'Em Horns

  9. #9
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    At some point in the past somebody asked me what rock I crawled out from when I didn't realize that one archery company bought another archery company... Do you guys actually look at new products ? Heck, it's in the Sure-Loc catalog and on their WEB site. What rock did YOU guys crawl out from under ?

    Sorry, I could not resist...

    Anyway, they started making them last year and they look nicely made and have bow specific mounting brackets that counter the 'thick' riser issue I have. I'm not surprised that you guys have not seen them. I'm just still trying to fix my 82nd rest issue that I've posted a couple of times about.

    This might be a really good solution. I just want to talk with somebody who has seen one and possibly used one. They are new so that might be a tough nut to crack.

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  10. #10
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
    I thought you could only snort bong water


    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  11. #11
    One eyed/Gutless wonder QSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Buford Ga.
    Posts
    5,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    At some point in the past somebody asked me what rock I crawled out from when I didn't realize that one archery company bought another archery company... Do you guys actually look at new products ? Heck, it's in the Sure-Loc catalog and on their WEB site. What rock did YOU guys crawl out from under ?

    Sorry, I could not resist...

    Anyway, they started making them last year and they look nicely made and have bow specific mounting brackets that counter the 'thick' riser issue I have. I'm not surprised that you guys have not seen them. I'm just still trying to fix my 82nd rest issue that I've posted a couple of times about.

    This might be a really good solution. I just want to talk with somebody who has seen one and possibly used one. They are new so that might be a tough nut to crack.

    Ron
    Third one on the left.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

  12. #12
    One eyed/Gutless wonder QSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Buford Ga.
    Posts
    5,998

    Default

    Man the looks like a Cavalier Avalanche Drop away
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

  13. #13
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Man the looks like a Cavalier Avalanche Drop away
    Yeah, I thought so too. But check out the spring that the cord attaches to. The launcher also looks like a CJ Scardycat Pro that Bunnyboy was trying to sell, but decided to keep...

    Looks like a nice rest and when you figure you can use the bow specific mount it will fit well with the riser.

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  14. #14
    One eyed/Gutless wonder QSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Buford Ga.
    Posts
    5,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Yeah, I thought so too. But check out the spring that the cord attaches to. The launcher also looks like a CJ Scardycat Pro that Bunnyboy was trying to sell, but decided to keep...

    Looks like a nice rest and when you figure you can use the bow specific mount it will fit well with the riser.

    Ron
    Looks just like the on I sold in this theard. cord hooks to a spring and the launcher looks just like it to.
    http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showt...?t=9712&page=2
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

  15. #15
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    Looks just like the on I sold in this theard. cord hooks to a spring and the launcher looks just like it to.
    http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showt...?t=9712&page=2
    Yes, that definitely looks similar. I wonder if Sure-Loc bought the rights to that or a license to it. Fishy to me...

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  16. #16
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Yes, that definitely looks similar. I wonder if Sure-Loc bought the rights to that or a license to it. Fishy to me...

    Ron
    they probably pay them some type of payment in return for the building of there rest....

    take a look at the Tuner rest Sure loc has.......hmmm looks just like a PRO TUNER
    I cut things up and split them down!

  17. #17
    Ninja Fighting Fool trussoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
    I thought you could only snort bong water
    a person would drown wouldnt they? besides i cant swim

    FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

  18. #18
    One eyed/Gutless wonder QSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Buford Ga.
    Posts
    5,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    they probably pay them some type of payment in return for the building of there rest....

    take a look at the Tuner rest Sure loc has.......hmmm looks just like a PRO TUNER
    I do not see but 2 rest in there Catolog. The other one looks like a Gold key rest. I do not see a pro tuner rest
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

  19. #19
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    I do not see but 2 rest in there Catolog. The other one looks like a Gold key rest. I do not see a pro tuner rest
    thats the one I am talking about
    I cut things up and split them down!

Similar Threads

  1. Your Thoughts on Arrow Rests???
    By wildchildc1 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 11:57 AM
  2. drop away arrow rests
    By jojobama12 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 10:12 AM
  3. lh rests
    By 1blitzer in forum Left Handed Archery Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 01:59 PM
  4. Magnetic Arrow Rests
    By Pbrown21 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 10:10 PM
  5. ar 34 rests
    By jasonr in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •