You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    it means there are to many and the numbers need to be controlled
    ...ahhhh.....straight from the mouth of our resident wildlife biologist...

I thought:

"killing just to kill something something would make you a piece of crap" hhhmmmm? Busted!

Thinking there are "too many" doesn't sound like a real good excuse Bunnster. I have too many Robins in my yard, but I can't go out and blast them.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    First off colleg boy, I've never hunted a turkey with a bow in my life. This year will be the first.
    Maybe you should try it with a gun FIRST.

...ahhhh.....straight from the mouth of our resident wildlife biologist...

I thought:

"killing just to kill something something would make you a piece of crap" hhhmmmm? Busted!

Thinking there are "too many" doesn't sound like a real good excuse Bunnster. I have too many Robins in my yard, but I can't go out and blast them.
    ITS CALLED CONTROLING NUMBERS, like they should have done, with your parents
    I cut things up and split them down!

You know how many damn bats there are in this world? I decided it had one too many, I did my part in controlling the numbers. Its that simple Chachi.

You don't like it when something you say can and will be used against you huh?

Do you even hunt? Or just act like it when 3-D season is slow?

You know how many damn bats there are in this world? I decided it had one too many, I did my part in controlling the numbers. Its that simple Chachi.

You don't like it when something you say can and will be used against you huh?

Do you even hunt? Or just act like it when 3-D season is slow?
    Gods creatures are pretty and we should leave them be, UNLESS its to control numbers

Now that was funny...

So so true in this case...

Gods creatures are pretty and we should leave them be, UNLESS its to control numbers
    That possum I drove 3 feet off the road for and into a ditch to hit Friday night, was just that, an act of population control.
    Last edited by Slippy; 04-07-2008 at 05:45 PM.

That possum I drive 3 feet off the road for and into a ditch to hit Friday night, was just that, an act of population control.
    just doing your part!!! NICE!!!

glad you see it my way.........

To actually give this man an answer and get BACK TO TOPIC, consider this. You have bow hunted for so many years and become fairly proficient at it, which in turn has built confidence in hunting/taking big game. Now, you have to start somewhere in building that confidence in hunting small game/turkey. If you buddy actually shoots it after you harvest it with an arrow you will always be left with the question of, did I sucessfully harvest that animal or was the finishing shot taken with the shotgun. Until you complete the entire act with the bow you will never have that confidence and will never actually know. If you feel you are ready to carry a bow on a turkey hunt you must first be ready to complete the entire harvest.

JMHO.
    Clem
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clemenlp View Post
    To actually give this man an answer and get BACK TO TOPIC, consider this. You have bow hunted for so many years and become fairly proficient at it, which in turn has built confidence in hunting/taking big game. Now, you have to start somewhere in building that confidence in hunting small game/turkey. If you buddy actually shoots it after you harvest it with an arrow you will always be left with the question of, did I sucessfully harvest that animal or was the finishing shot taken with the shotgun. Until you complete the entire act with the bow you will never have that confidence and will never actually know. If you feel you are ready to carry a bow on a turkey hunt you must first be ready to complete the entire harvest.

JMHO.
    Clem
    Well thanks alot Clemp, I pretty much had my mind made up until I read your post LOL. Your right I have to start somewhere. I'm probabaly one of the few people that values a turkey over a deer as dumb as it sounds. I would just hate to lose one after working so hard to get it in.

Quote Originally Posted by SinGin View Post
    Well thanks alot Clemp, I pretty much had my mind made up until I read your post LOL. Your right I have to start somewhere. I'm probabaly one of the few people that values a turkey over a deer as dumb as it sounds. I would just hate to lose one after working so hard to get it in.
    I wish you the best of luck with the turkeys, just remember to aim small. They are very tough to get with a bow. I would highly recomend using a blind. I aplaud you for your ethics. You could hunt my woods anytime.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by STRO View Post
    I wish you the best of luck with the turkeys, just remember to aim small. They are very tough to get with a bow. I would highly recomend using a blind. I aplaud you for your ethics. You could hunt my woods anytime.
    Good advice!

I wouldn't want to draw and aim at a turkey with the thought in the back of my mind that my buddy will put it down if it tries to run off. Just be confident and aim small. Remember that a turkey is a big black blob and every move it makes will change the aiming point. Learn to adjust your aiming point as the bird moves and only take quality shots. You'll get your bird.
    Crackerized '09 Rytera Alien-X, Easton ACC 3-49's, Sword Twilight Hunter, NAP Hellrazer 100gr
    Martin/Rytera Archery Pro Staff;Sword Acu-Site Shooting Staff
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff; Paradigm Archery Staff; Vapor Trail Pro Staff

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by STRO View Post
    Thank you!