You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default x force/ ripcord no go?

Hi guys I can't get the ripcord to work on my x force 6. I bought the ripcord for 2 reasons, drop away and full containment. The containment arm won't fit because the cable slide rod is in the way. Has anyone used a different full containment rest with the x 6 and how do you like it. Looking at the qad ultra rest but don't want to hope and poke again
    Adam

The cable guard rod must be pretty low on the X-Force. I've got about 3/4" clearance or maybe a little more from the bottom of my cable guard rod to the containment arm on my Mission. I would think the qad might have a problem too because I think they're fairly similar. The Spott Hogg Whammy doesn't have full contain but it does stay up at rest, so you dont have to have your arrow sitting in one of those little plastic arrow holders. You might look at the new Trophy Taker, too.

I have the Phantom by Top Gun on both of mine, works great and easy to set up.
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

thanks for the info. I need to make a correction to my statment about the ripcord not fitting properly. I will but it just slaps the hell out of the riser. I have been working on deadening the noise. Mole skin not even close. Only thing I have had work is some rubber from an old string leach. Will be trying other material and will update.

Quote Originally Posted by kingshooter View Post
    thanks for the info. I need to make a correction to my statment about the ripcord not fitting properly. I will but it just slaps the hell out of the riser. I have been working on deadening the noise. Mole skin not even close. Only thing I have had work is some rubber from an old string leach. Will be trying other material and will update.
    Limbsaver makes a little square stick-on Navcom pad if moleskin wont work.

The QAD HD will work for sure. I've put them on for some guys. They have a spacer that you put in and it moves the bracket to the left (right handed shooter) just enough to clear the cable rod.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies