You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Shot some Bowtechs yesterday!

My local shop has started carrying Bowtech/Diamonds. The pro had just finished setting some up when I went in and asked me if I'd like to shoot some of 'em. Well, duhhhhhhhh!

Keep in mind, I've only been shooting about six months and have an 8 year old Hoyt, so I'm far from an expert on anything. But I'm starting to know what I like in a bow, so this was a chance to play with some state of the art equipment. I shot an 82nd, a Guardian, and an Allegiance, and here are my impressions:

The Guardian
    Seemed like a strictly business bow, not for an rookie like me. Really harsh let off at the very end of the draw. At 60 pounds and 29", it shot about 324 fps. Smokin' hot, and practically no hand shock, but it was noticeably louder than the other two.

82nd
    A bit more user friendly than the Guardian, it shot about 315 fps. Overall, a really comfortable, easy to shoot bow, and damn quiet.

Allegiance
    What a sweet, sweet bow. Very smooth draw, zero reaction on the shot, and a very respectable 308 fps. And quiet, OMG! Snapping your fingers is louder than this bow, I kid you not. The pro used to own one, but bought an 82nd a while back and he kept saying, "I don't know why I traded this for an 82nd."
    Absolutely my favorite of the three.

OK, you now have my two cents worth. Actually, it's probably not worth that, but hope it helps somebody.

Gotta go. There's a turkey out there waiting for me

I think you may have your labels wrong. I think you have the Guardian and 82nd switched. I like both of these bows but if the Guardian pulled harder than the 82nd, then there is something seriously wrong with it.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I think you may have your labels wrong. I think you have the Guardian and 82nd switched. I like both of these bows but if the Guardian pulled harder than the 82nd, then there is something seriously wrong with it.
    My first thought as well.

+3

I love my guardian, smooth & quiet.
    HBH Admin.
    BT Guardian."AWESOME BOW"
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

Yep, I thought the same thing.
    The Guradian is a fair amount more forgiving than the 82nd and the 82nd is quite a bit faster than the Guardian.

Having said that, it's comonplace to have a trade off between forgiving and speed. They are both nice bows though and have different purposes and characteristics.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

i think you have your labels wrong as well my guardian is whisper quiet and has no harsh letoff

Default Right you are!

You guys are right; I did mix up the Guardian and the 82nd. That's what I get for trying to post at 4:30 a.m.

BTW, I saw a total of 4 turkeys yesterday and the only one that got in range was a hen. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by MTColl28734 View Post
    You guys are right; I did mix up the Guardian and the 82nd. That's what I get for trying to post at 4:30 a.m.

BTW, I saw a total of 4 turkeys yesterday and the only one that got in range was a hen. Such is life.
    Shoot the 101st, then tell us what you think...

Good luck chasing them turkeys! When ya get one post some pics.