You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Shooting Tips?

Default Shooting Tips?

When you start shooting bad, is there a common thing you usually find that you ain't doing right?

When I shoot, a lot here lately when my arrows start to go of course, I notice that I am holding my release elbow down below my armpit, once I raise it to where its supposed to be, I shoot a lot better, instant improvement. But it kinda hurts to be in that position. Might that suggest that my draw is a touch long?? I have a history of shoulder problems so I don't know if its a bum shoulder, or could be the length
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    When you start shooting bad, is there a common thing you usually find that you ain't doing right?

When I shoot, a lot here lately when my arrows start to go of course, I notice that I am holding my release elbow down below my armpit, once I raise it to where its supposed to be, I shoot a lot better, instant improvement. But it kinda hurts to be in that position. Might that suggest that my draw is a touch long?? I have a history of shoulder problems so I don't know if its a bum shoulder, or could be the length
    How straight is your bow arm? Looking down on a top view, would your arms and shoulders form a trapezoid or a triangle? A triangle is prefererable.
    Don't know where I am going, but there is no sense in being late.

well I would ask you to post form pics, but we all know they wont be of you as you are the slipster and no one knows for certain what you really look like.........

although we did see you on that windy hunting video......but the wind was blowing pretty hard that day, and it could have distorted what you really look like.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

just post a pic and blur out your piehole

I find when I am shooting bad it is usually because I am not following through and pulling out of the shot early to see where the arrow goes!
    Hook 'Em Horns

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I find when I am shooting bad it is usually because I am not following through and pulling out of the shot early to see where the arrow goes!
    Me too.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    Me too.
    Yep, same here OR my anchor point is just slightly off.

when something goes haywire in where my arrows are hitting......its always the equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post

Don't talk about my piehole.

In golf, I have that problem, not in bows cause I know where the arrow is going to land, in golf, I have no clue whatsoever where the ball will land or if I will even hit it. And when you miss the ball you have to try to sell it as a practice swing..

when i first started shooting last summer i just hoped i wouldnt kill an innocent bystander.

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

Don't talk about my piehole.
    And when you miss the ball you have to try to sell it as a practice swing..
    So when you miss a deer........how do you try and sell it......

OHHHH thats right, it was the WIND.......

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    So when you miss a deer........how do you try and sell it......

OHHHH thats right, it was the WIND.......
    Don't make me start posting my trophy pictures.....I ain't a bragger but if I can close your big yapperrrr......

Often times when i start shooting bad I will get a different bow. Often times it will relapse you back into "better habits". I think once one gets comfortable shooting the same bow for a period of time its easy to get comfortable and often times lazy.

Might want to try a different release as well. It can make a world of difference.

Just make sure you are ready when "The Challenge" comes around

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
    Often times when i start shooting bad I will get a different bow. Often times it will relapse you back into "better habits". I think once one gets comfortable shooting the same bow for a period of time its easy to get comfortable and often times lazy.

Might want to try a different release as well. It can make a world of difference.

Just make sure you are ready when "The Challenge" comes around

"the challenge" was last night. You were a no show, meaning you lost via a forfeit. I guess your "shipment" was a little more important?

"the challenge" was last night.

I already told you why I didn't make it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post

If find that when I start shooting bad I am thinking about your wifes new tatoo. Sorry but its true.

anchor point consistency is my biggest problem when it comes to form now if i could only get rid of the shakes....

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second