You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Summit Bucksteps

Been awhile since I last posted...but now that I purchased a set of Summit Bucksteps, I have to ask: How do you keep these darn things quiet while walking to my stand? Anybody have a pair that they managed to silence? Once they're on the tree, they're great. Any ideas?

You do have the bag that comes with them to put the strapping into right? All I could suggest after that is bungee cord those bad boys tight as you can for the trek to the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by buccaneerbowhunter View Post
    Been awhile since I last posted...but now that I purchased a set of Summit Bucksteps, I have to ask: How do you keep these darn things quiet while walking to my stand? Anybody have a pair that they managed to silence? Once they're on the tree, they're great. Any ideas?
    if you figure that out, let me know
    I cut things up and split them down!

Give em a couple coats of this?

Grizzlygrip.com

Default PlastiDip Paint

I did try some PlastiDip, which looks similar. PlastiDip is a painted-on rubber coating like they put on the ends of hand tool handles. The can says it helps eliminate vibration and dampen noise. Well, not on these it doesn't!

Quote Originally Posted by vmabuck View Post
    Give em a couple coats of this?

Grizzlygrip.com

I looked them up (so never tried them), but here's a post from a Cabela's customer review that did what I was going to suggest you try.
    The only problem that I have with this product is their loudness. The metal hooks and the cambuckles can bump against the steps while walking and create a loud hollow metal sound because of the all-metal steps. I have cut back on some of the noise by placing some thick fabric tape on the strap hooks and wrapping the step posts to avoid any metal on metal contact. This has worked well and helps the steps fit tighter while nesting too. Also the company provides a small fabric bag that goes on one of the steps to hoold your straps and the metal parts while beign stored. This is great for containing all the nylon webbing as well as having a small gear sack while on stand.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" -- Albert Einstein

I use friction tape. It's sticky on both sides, black and not a heartbreaker to buy or replace. I wrap any metal on metal parts that clank on most of my hunting stands, straps and climbing devices. Sometimes I have drilled holes bigger to recieve wrapped metal S- hooks.

i usually leave my stands up so i dont deal with that. public land is open season on anyting that you leave out so i usually just hunt out of a ground blind or natural cover when im on it. the people around here are big time thieves for some reason. some sort of tape would be the only suggestion i can come up with.

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

I have 2 sets and they still make the occasional noise but I wrap them tight and put them in the bag. take a little longer and going slower also helps.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER