You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: practice

Default practice

um how much do yall actually practice for shoots or hunting

Bowtech Destroyer 340
    30" draw, 65#, 332 fps
    GoldTip XT's

Cool

quite a bit actually, try to shoot everyday of the week when I can.

ok actually i've basicly shot everyday since christmas

Bowtech Destroyer 340
    30" draw, 65#, 332 fps
    GoldTip XT's

When i first started i shot everyday if possible,but now i shoot at least 3-4 times a week.............
    2010 PSE AXE 7

About 3 times a week But if you shot 7 day a week just to throw arrows down range and not working on form you will get some bad habits

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy50 View Post
    ok actually i've basicly shot everyday since christmas
    Ok thats a little much.

ya but i just love to shoot, i love the feelng when you shoot and hit the target right in the bulls eye

Bowtech Destroyer 340
    30" draw, 65#, 332 fps
    GoldTip XT's

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Hang in there and shoot all you desire
    I try to focus on one part of my form each day on the bag
    this week i am focusing on my release elbow -keeping it up.
    then i go and shoot some animals at unknows
    and I try to shoot 5 days and 1 turnament on sat and off Sunday

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

I dont think I have had any of my bows out in a month......

been so caught up in rabbit stuff and been very busy at work, no time to shoot at lunch.....

I mostly practice on the warm up bails at what ever club i am shooting at on sunday mornings....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I dont think I have had any of my bows out in a month......

been so caught up in rabbit stuff and been very busy at work, no time to shoot at lunch.....

I mostly practice on the warm up bails at what ever club i am shooting at on sunday mornings....
    your just a natural
    Bman

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    your just a natural
    Bman
    WISH that were true......allthough sometimes I shoot alot better if I havent shot in a while.....

I really dont know how this happens, but it does.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    WISH that were true......allthough sometimes I shoot alot better if I havent shot in a while.....

I really dont know how this happens, but it does.....
    You forget all your bad habits and revert to the basics!
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

You guys must have lights set up or something. It's usually almost dark in the morning when I go to work...and very dark when I get home (except in the middle of summer). I DO have a few halogen work lights...Hrmmm.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Dooby View Post
    You guys must have lights set up or something. It's usually almost dark in the morning when I go to work...and very dark when I get home (except in the middle of summer). I DO have a few halogen work lights...Hrmmm.
    Hey homey
    what type of huntin' will they let ya'll do with a bow
    i know thay ya'll got some awesome flyfishing
    do ya'll get to do that
    whatca do for a living
    what day and time is right now.
    just curious

i only started shooting last summer. when i first picked up a bow it was scary i kid you not. i was shooting all winter long about 100 arrows a day now i just shoot a little every day. its helped a lot.

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

I actually shot much more last year than this. So far my average is around 36 arrows a day. I try to get out every day, even if it's only for a dozen shots. It helps keep my form and confidence.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Hey homey
    what type of huntin' will they let ya'll do with a bow
    i know thay ya'll got some awesome flyfishing
    do ya'll get to do that
    whatca do for a living
    what day and time is right now.
    just curious
    As far as I know...conservation hunting is a pretty new and rare thing over here. Overall you can't shoot anything that's native (e.g. kangaroo, koala)...at least not without paying someone first. Most people seem to hunt the hell out of introduced species though (e.g. rabbit, fox, deer, wild pig, and feral cats...yes...like house cats).

I think it just takes money to be able to kill pretty much anything (e.g. crocs, kangaroos, camels, ox).

By far the most hunted game here is pig, though. You see people posting a fair amount on the Aussie boards about killing 20 or 30 in a week of hunting. Most 'hunters' I've spoken to just take the trophy part of the animal and leave the rest to rot.

One of the guys at my club mentioned that he was getting into salt water fly fishing. He "schooled" me on how fun it is...though I think I'd rather shoot bows, personally. Never been much of a fisherman. I don't care too much for eating fish...and lack the patience to wait for them. I'm a scuba diver...if I want to mess with fish I throw on the tank and make a visit.

What I CURRENTLY do for a living is nothing too glamorous. I help business work more efficiently (in a nutshell). Think of it as a program manager that does a lot of financial and operational data analyses to figure out what projects should be in the program to best serve our customers and shareholders. I'm now in the telecommuncations industry with accountabilities for improvements across all aspects of the company: service, revenue, construction, design, legislative compliance, etc. If you're not bored to sleep yet, I'll bet you're sorry you asked, eh?

As for the time...it's GMT+10. At the time I'm typing this it's 3:09pm on Thursday afternoon.

What was this thread about again? I forgot.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Dooby View Post
    As far as I know...conservation hunting is a pretty new and rare thing over here. Overall you can't shoot anything that's native (e.g. kangaroo, koala)...at least not without paying someone first. Most people seem to hunt the hell out of introduced species though (e.g. rabbit, fox, deer, wild pig, and feral cats...yes...like house cats).

I think it just takes money to be able to kill pretty much anything (e.g. crocs, kangaroos, camels, ox).

By far the most hunted game here is pig, though. You see people posting a fair amount on the Aussie boards about killing 20 or 30 in a week of hunting. Most 'hunters' I've spoken to just take the trophy part of the animal and leave the rest to rot.

One of the guys at my club mentioned that he was getting into salt water fly fishing. He "schooled" me on how fun it is...though I think I'd rather shoot bows, personally. Never been much of a fisherman. I don't care too much for eating fish...and lack the patience to wait for them. I'm a scuba diver...if I want to mess with fish I throw on the tank and make a visit.

What I CURRENTLY do for a living is nothing too glamorous. I help business work more efficiently (in a nutshell). Think of it as a program manager that does a lot of financial and operational data analyses to figure out what projects should be in the program to best serve our customers and shareholders. I'm now in the telecommuncations industry with accountabilities for improvements across all aspects of the company: service, revenue, construction, design, legislative compliance, etc. If you're not bored to sleep yet, I'll bet you're sorry you asked, eh?

As for the time...it's GMT+10. At the time I'm typing this it's 3:09pm on Thursday afternoon.

What was this thread about again? I forgot.
    13 hrs ahead of us as days go
    They also have some of tha worlds finest trout streams there
    these will be found in the mountianous regions.
    camels
    did'nt know camels were ther
    do they eat them boggers

We have a fair amount of zero and below days here. I get outside to shoot a couple times a month in winter for longer shots, and 2 or 3 times a week at 10 yards in my garage. This summer I'm shooting 3D every 2 weeks. I've only shot twice so far, and it's already helping me range my targets. I'm also practicing in my yard 3 or 4 times a week. For hunting I improved dramatically when I started practicing from the same elevation, and in the same conditions I hunt in. For me this required hanging a tree stand at 30 feet in my back yard. I practice with a saftey belt in the wind, rain , snow and cold. I sometimes ware the same clothes I hunt in, especially gloves and face cover. I have not made a poor shot on a deer since I started doing this. Every deer has been 100 yards or less to trail, and a good hit in the vitals. I've already gotten in my practice stand in a strong wind last week and I shot a 4" group at 20 yards; first try. The Red Pine was swaying quite a bit. I'm sure practicing for the first time all through last winter had a lot to do with why I was still pretty accurate my first time up this year. I'm not a competetive shooter, but I've filled all my deer tags since I started practicing from my tree stand. Have fun, I do.

13 hrs ahead of us as days go
    They also have some of tha worlds finest trout streams there
    these will be found in the mountianous regions.
    camels
    did'nt know camels were ther
    do they eat them boggers
    Trout? In Australia? I only know of one area where it ever gets cold enough to ski in the whole country. Must be down in Victoria near the snow fields. I grew up near the Ozarks and worked for the Missouri Fisheries Division of the MDC. They have good trout fishing down near Bull Shoals. The rainbows are healthy, but the browns are world record class....huge. Had a problem with them eating the rainbows, incidentally.

I'd have to ask my brother in law. He's from Victoria and has gone trout fishing....though he never really mentioned it to me.

As for camels...apparently Australia has the largest wild population of camels in the world. They introduced them a long time ago. I don't think people eat them...at least none I know of. My wife (Australian) didn't even realize there were camels here until a few years ago (since she met me). What can I say....I watch a lot of animal planet.