You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Default Robinhood is moving to Des Moines!!

Well everybody I am finally graduating college!! Better late than never. At any rate I am moving to Des Moines to be closer to my boyfriend and I was wondering if there is anybody on here from that area? I will be looking for a place to shoot!!

Let me know

rdnkgrl_robinhood

congrats on graduating....

Sorry, I dont know anybody in Iowa....

I live about 3 hours from Des Moines. There is a club near Stuart, Iowa that has an excellent 3d course, ive only been there once but it is amazing. I think its Raccoon Ridge or something like that.

There's another near Panora, but i've never been to it. Both of those towns are within 45 minutes or so of Des Moines.

to Iowa
    Last edited by hoyt_hunter007; 05-02-2008 at 08:01 PM.
    Nick
    2005 Hoyt Vtec 28/70

What the heck are you talking about?? I thought your BF worked at DADC. Now he is in Iowa??

I hope you find a nice GM like the on in TH that accomodates you so well.

"HONDA"

How far are you moving? Hope it all goes well!!

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    What the heck are you talking about?? I thought your BF worked at DADC. Now he is in Iowa??

I hope you find a nice GM like the on in TH that accomodates you so well.
    I havent been with the fella from DADC nearly a year ago or close to it anyway. He decided to kick the crap out me and nearly broke my jaw. (hence the reason why I no longer date men that drink) It got pretty ugly, and I thought my dad was gonna kill that poor boy. Anyway we parted ways and I eventually started seeing this great guy from Iowa. I am really looking forward to moving. I may be teaching at a local college there, (if I decide to take the job). Anyway, lots of new things going on with me. Hey, I even got a new bow!! I just got a new Hoyt ProElite, and let me tell ya what it is sweeeeet!!! I sure do hope there is a good place to shoot around there somewhere. I will be on the southeast side of Des Moines, so if anybody has any suggestions please let me know

rdnkgrl robinhood

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

1sr congrats on th degree
    you will aways be glad for this
    2nd i am sure you are gonna enjoy that new hoyt
    and last get yourself a nice piece of land next to a big cornfield so i can come visit during the rut

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Congrats on graduating RR...
    Hope you find a nice place to shoot and a good local shop...

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    and last get yourself a nice piece of land next to a big cornfield so i can come visit during the rut
    Hey Smokes, many people don't want to pay the extravagant out of state deer tags Iowa charges... It's rediculous... Heck of a drive for you as well...

rdnckgrl, I'm on the border of Iowa and Ilinois and I can say that there is a really nice club in Central City which is just North of Cedar Rapids. That's about a 2 hour drive from DesMoines. I'm not sure what's around DesMoines but I do know that there are a LOT of bowhunters in Iowa. I'm sure you will not find it difficult to find a place to shoot. Just ask the local shop folks.

Congrats on your graduation and pending move.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    I havent been with the fella from DADC nearly a year ago or close to it anyway. He decided to kick the crap out me and nearly broke my jaw. (hence the reason why I no longer date men that drink) It got pretty ugly, and I thought my dad was gonna kill that poor boy. Anyway we parted ways and I eventually started seeing this great guy from Iowa. I am really looking forward to moving. I may be teaching at a local college there, (if I decide to take the job). Anyway, lots of new things going on with me. Hey, I even got a new bow!! I just got a new Hoyt ProElite, and let me tell ya what it is sweeeeet!!! I sure do hope there is a good place to shoot around there somewhere. I will be on the southeast side of Des Moines, so if anybody has any suggestions please let me know

rdnkgrl robinhood
    what a dirt bag.........

CONGRATS....on the rest.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    what a dirt bag.........

CONGRATS....on the rest.......
    She wasn't talking about a rest....

Could not help it.

Ron

Ex boyfriend who beated ex girfriend vs. The Block...

Ron

Sorry to hear about your ex. I wish you all the happiness with you new boyfriend and success in your new career. Although I have never met you I seem like I know you since you live so close to me.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Hey there smokes I would happy to have you visit any time. We are actually looking a very nice piece of land outside Des Moines. There is about 13 acres and I've been told that the deer there are huge. That would be awesome wouldnt it!!
    I guess I will have to start hunting deer instead of just the 20 yard X's.

rdnkgrl_robinhood

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Sorry to hear about your ex. I wish you all the happiness with you new boyfriend and success in your new career. Although I have never met you I seem like I know you since you live so close to me.:wave:
    You know, sometimes the internet can be a funny thing. I know most of have never actually met, but still everybody on this site feels like extended family. It's great and much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    She wasn't talking about a rest....

Could not help it.

Ron
    you are so silly

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    you are so silly
    Yeah, I feel like it too....

Good luck to you in your move and a change in scenery. It's nice out this way and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Ron

Congrats on graduation. And welcome to the midwest.......Winters may be abit colder. If you need a good chainsaw to cut firewood Bman might be able to help....
    Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?

I live in Des Moines and we have a few archery shops. If your going to be on the southeast side Archery Field and Sports would be the nearest one to you. The owners son is a top notch spot shooter and they even have a outside 3-D shoot there. The other one is Central Iowa Archery its on the north side of town, ( where I get all my Hoyts from) the owners name is Brady and he is a good guy to deal with. We have one on the sothwest side of town called Happy Apple Archery, its a nice shop and they have outside 3-D shoots there to. Welcome to Iowa and if I can help anymore just ask.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vortecman View Post
    I live in Des Moines and we have a few archery shops. If your going to be on the southeast side Archery Field and Sports would be the nearest one to you. The owners son is a top notch spot shooter and they even have a outside 3-D shoot there. The other one is Central Iowa Archery its on the north side of town, ( where I get all my Hoyts from) the owners name is Brady and he is a good guy to deal with. We have one on the sothwest side of town called Happy Apple Archery, its a nice shop and they have outside 3-D shoots there to. Welcome to Iowa and if I can help anymore just ask.
    Awesome!! TY.. Archery Field and Sport is about ten minutes from the house. I found a website for Archery Field and Sport but there wasnt a lot of info posted on there. Do you know if they have some kind of membership or something. I shoot an aweful lot and I was thinking it would be cheaper to buy a membership somewhere as opposed to paying to shoot every day.
    We will have to get together and shoot sometime, I hate having to leave all of my shooting buddies here in Indiana, but I am looking forward to meeting a few new ones there in Iowa!!

Thank you for the info.
    Rdnkgrl_robinhood