You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Talking Completely new to archery....

Hi!!

I am really sorry for posting like this, and I know that you guys must get it all the time, but I am a complete beginner to archery. I start my beginners course on Sunday, and I was wondering if anyone has any hints or tips that they might know that would make it a little bit easier for me!

I have been looking for a website with all the rules and regulations and just general terminology and info about archery, but I can't find any! I just wanted to be a little bit more prepared for my first lesson, as I really don't know anything about it!

Anything that you guys can tell me will be really appreciated, and once again sorry for posting like this!

Thanks in advance!

First and foremost have fun at what you are doing when you are doing it.......

Let me be a little more spicific.....

If you are out shooting your bow, try not to think about all of the other things going on in your life, the laundry, the dishes, work, I missed the target this is no fun, any of the downers you may come across on any givin day.....

and never, ever, apoligize on your first post on a new web site there will be plenty of time for that if you stick around right frank, chris, glenny, and anyone else i may have twisted in the past
    I cut things up and split them down!

Hello Stephanie Dee...

Welcome to the forums......

I see that you are in England....What type of bow, and style are you shooting?
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

Humm Shes got a pink gun... As far as beginners advice, DONT TRY TO SHOOT YOUR BOW BACKWORDS OR UPSIDE DOWN. Just kidding, i need to 1up Bowman everynow and then, anyways, try to learn as much as you can about form and proper equipment, shoot with someone who can help you with it for the first few times, And verry important.......Have fun but have realistic goals on how good you expect to do, remeber the more you do it the better you will get!! Dont be afraid to post any questions you have on here, their is alot of knowlege with the people here, and alot of nice people who will be more then willin to try to help!! Welcome to this great sport!!!

Hi!!

Thanks everyone for all your help so far, I can't wait to start shooting!

I haven't even started my course yet, i've never done Archery before or anything! So I don't know what kind of bow or shooting I will be doing! Any advice that you guys can give me will be taken, I really don't know anything about it!

Wow, I can't believe how friendly everyone is on here!

Default Hello.

Welcome to the site,
    I think if ya really are going to get lessons from someone that is a great start.
    I wish I could have gone to the teachers I went to years ago....and being schooled/shooting with the best archers you can shoot with obviously will help.
    I recommend practicing at short yardages as well as just working on form and your shot execution first.
    The bullseyes will come naturally on all there own if you do.
    We might take advice from you sooner than you think.
    What are you shooting for a rig?