You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: QuikSpins????

Default QuikSpins????

The real little ones,(1 & 1/8th) how much does each one way??? I should know this as I have been shooting them for almost a year now. And how about the blazers??? I beleive the 2" are 5gr. and the 1.5 inch are 3 grains. I am trying to lighten the load a little bit. So I guess the real question is do the quik spins weigh more or less than 3 gr. each???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default Blazer vane weight

The XVanes-1.5" weights around 2 grains, the 1.8 " about 4 grains and 2" about 6 grains. The 1.5" mini is around 3 grains and the 2" Blazer is around 5 grains. I hope this helps.
    If you use anything less than a 2.5" with fixed blades fir hunting, let me know how they work. I haven't heard good things.
    Keith
    NBEF Instructor
    South Dakota - Iowa

According to lancaster the 1.5 weighs 3.1 gr. each. That was the smallest I saw. I am shooting the 2.25 right now and was thinking about dropping to the 1.5 but I dunno.
    06 Switchback XT
    70#
    Mathews Micro Drop Away
    Dead Nuts Hunter 5-pin
    Carter Solution 3

So .1 grains the difference? Between the smallest Quik Spins and the smallest blazers?

Bohning makes the "Mini Blazer" that is 1.5" long and weighs 3 gr. They also make the X-Vane. The smallest one in those id the 1.5" Sheild Cut which weighs 2 gr. The QuickSpins say they weigh 3.1 gr. However when we weighed them on a digital scale the weighed 4.1 gr. I thought something was wrong with my scale so I zeroed it at tryed again, and again I got 4.1 gr. I might have had bad batch or something may have been on them. I don't know, but it has happend on more than one occasion with the Quickspins. If you are looking to drop weight then I would use the X-Vane Sheild Cut 1.5". If you want durability then go with 1.8" 3-D Duravane. I wouldn't use the Quickspins with all the trouble that I have seen guys have with them and the things that I have seen with them.

I have been shooting the Quik Spins for ayear now and can say nothing bad about them, so i dont know where you got your info on them haveing problems.....

Except maybe guys using the tiny ones for fixed blade heads, other than that I have only heard the occational gripe about them not being durable...

I was onlyasking if the blazers were lighter.....

I have been shooting the Quik Spins for ayear now and can say nothing bad about them, so i dont know where you got your info on them haveing problems.....

Except maybe guys using the tiny ones for fixed blade heads, other than that I have only heard the occational gripe about them not being durable...

I was only asking if the blazers were lighter.....

I have had the trouble from them as well have many of my fellow shooters. I was just sahring with you that bit of information, as well as the fact that the mini blazers, according to the manufactuers specs, pracitcly weigh the same as the quickspins. I also wanted to let you know that the shied cut X-Vanes where the lighter and smaller. Sorry I gave you too much info, I was trying to help.