You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member yotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    greeneville, tn.
    Posts
    12

    Default pse carrera compatition bow " info needed"!

    i have come across a pse carrera set up for 3-d with all the bells and whistles. i have not had the chance to use a pse of any kind. i have searched for info and found nothing positive or negative. so i'm turning to the people's opinion's i trust the most any input would help in my spending $500.00 on a used bow.. and by the way this bow is flawless in all aspects of the word... thanks in advance for all of your help. 3dshoots.com ROCKS
    Last edited by yotie; 05-06-2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: miss spelling

  2. #2
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yotie View Post
    i have come across a pse carrera set up for 3-d with all the bells and whistles. i have not had the chance to use a pse of any kind. i have searched for info and found nothing positive or negative. so i'm turning to the people's opinion's i trust the most any input would help in my spending $500.00 on a used bow.. and by the way this bow is flawless in all aspects of the word... thanks in advance for all of your help. 3dshoots.com ROCKS
    What accessories does it have on it?
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  3. #3
    Senior Member J.C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,681

    Default

    you can do alot better for $500. low brace height, lots of hand shock. it would need some very nice accessories on it to be worth that.

  4. #4
    Junior Member yotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    greeneville, tn.
    Posts
    12

    Default pse bow

    i have found that this is true about the hand shock among a few other things.
    not a very forgiving bow with this brace hight, thanks to the seller he was very honest with me once i called him. thanks guys.. still in the market for a 3d setup. still open for any help

  5. #5
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Hey Yotie...
    The Carrera was a super fast bow in it's day(8-10 yrs ago) and a great shooter but with the technology that has emerged in the past 5-6 years it really isn't a deal @ 5 bills...
    I think you can get a newer bow at around the same price...now if you can get that PSE for under $300 go for it...


  6. #6
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Hey Yotie...
    The Carrera was a super fast bow in it's day(8-10 yrs ago) and a great shooter but with the technology that has emerged in the past 5-6 years it really isn't a deal @ 5 bills...
    I think you can get a newer bow at around the same price...now if you can get that PSE for under $300 go for it...
    I had a Carrera with a 50% let-off cam. It was really fast at the time. I think mine was a 2000 model and I think I paid about $400 for it brand new.

    If I were you I would definitely look for later model bows. You can get a '05 to '07 for that price. And the modern bows shoot a LOT better.

    Take a look around for a used Mathews Switchback or Legacy or something like that. Those bows shoot great and you can get them for a fair price, fully loaded. I would not spedn $500 on a Carrera unless it was equipped with top of the line, current, accessories. Even then that price might be a stretch.

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  7. #7
    are u a fat boy? kbohunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moseley,Va
    Posts
    3,237

    Default Hi. Yotie

    Quote Originally Posted by yotie View Post
    i have found that this is true about the hand shock among a few other things.
    not a very forgiving bow with this brace hight, thanks to the seller he was very honest with me once i called him. thanks guys.. still in the market for a 3d setup. still open for any help
    If you really want a PSE try to find an 07 MoJo 3D
    Ive got one you will love it.and under $500
    Like a few others said theres alot to choose from in this price range
    hope this helps
    kbohunt

    Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yotie View Post
    i have come across a pse carrera set up for 3-d with all the bells and whistles. i have not had the chance to use a pse of any kind. i have searched for info and found nothing positive or negative. so i'm turning to the people's opinion's i trust the most any input would help in my spending $500.00 on a used bow.. and by the way this bow is flawless in all aspects of the word... thanks in advance for all of your help. 3dshoots.com ROCKS
    hi just to let you no you can not go wrong with a pse. i own a pse carrera it is one of my favorite bows so if it helps you out any i would shoot it and if it is smooth and quiet and it is shooting very true then buy it if you like it hope this helps you out

  9. #9
    #1 THREAD KILLER Pinwheel1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    at your course..taking your money
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yotie View Post
    i have found that this is true about the hand shock among a few other things.
    not a very forgiving bow with this brace hight, thanks to the seller he was very honest with me once i called him. thanks guys.. still in the market for a 3d setup. still open for any help
    Look for a 2005-2006 PSE Shark with NRG Hybrid cams . Great 3d bow.... decent speed w/ 8" brace height. You can probably get one and set up for around $500.00. I got mine from a buddy who had it sitting on his shelf at the pro shop new for $ 250.00. One of the best investments I ever made. its an outright shooter. Still shoot it to this day for some competitions. Mr. Morgan nade me some strings for it a few years ago and still going strong. Heres a pic.... of it !
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

  10. #10
    #1 THREAD KILLER Pinwheel1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    at your course..taking your money
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    Look for a 2005-2006 PSE Shark with NRG Hybrid cams . Great 3d bow.... decent speed w/ 8" brace height. You can probably get one and set up for around $500.00. I got mine from a buddy who had it sitting on his shelf at the pro shop new for $ 250.00. One of the best investments I ever made. its an outright shooter. Still shoot it to this day for some competitions. Mr. Morgan nade me some strings for it a few years ago and still going strong. Heres a pic.... of it !
    pics. I had mine painted but most are in camo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I'm going to buy one from someone I know very well; I shoot on his property; for $198 with everything. I mean you could walk out into the woods and take down a stag with it.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    216

    Default

    You may want to try and find a Shark too. Pse put them out for the past few years and just this year discontinued them. It had good speed, axel to axel, and a good brace height. You probably can find one if you look around For around 500. Also as someone else said you may want to check out the Mojos they were some nice bows. Hope this helps.
    Mountain Outdoors Shooter

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone have info on my "NEW" bow?
    By 1986 Bear Flare II in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM
  2. hoyt 26-28" 40-60# needed
    By hoyt315 in forum WTB: Want to Buy Archery Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 09:18 PM
  3. Bowtech "Tribute" or Mathews "Switchback"?
    By Straightandtrue67 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-08-2006, 01:14 AM
  4. Mathews Apex 29" cam needed
    By ICMODUX in forum WTB: Want to Buy Archery Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2006, 02:20 PM
  5. 24"x 24"x 8" archery target with free standing frame
    By TARGETMAKER in forum Archery Equipment Accessories - Buy Sell Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •