You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stillman Valley, IL
    Posts
    9

    Default Newbie with questions

    Hello everyone,
    My friend just took me to my first 3d shoot and I now have the bug. I will be shooting MBR this season and just looked at the MAC rules which stated sights may not be adjusted on the course. I just bought a tru glo range rover on EBAy 30 minutes ago before I read the rules. I am I reading this correct that I may not move my sight pin in MBR? Also, is there a max. stabilizer length?
    Thanks Chris

  2. #2
    Senior Member J.C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,681

    Default



    I'm not sure what MAC is, but most bowhunter classes are restricted to 4 or 5 fixed pins and a stabilizer no longer than 12".

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stillman Valley, IL
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post


    I'm not sure what MAC is, but most bowhunter classes are restricted to 4 or 5 fixed pins and a stabilizer no longer than 12".
    The tru glo is a single pin that is adjustable.

  4. #4
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serge Storms View Post
    The tru glo is a single pin that is adjustable.
    A moveable sight like that will take you out of all fixed pin classes. You are adjusting you pin to specific yardages which is similiar to using a scoped target sight.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stillman Valley, IL
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    A moveable sight like that will take you out of all fixed pin classes. You are adjusting you pin to specific yardages which is similiar to using a scoped target sight.
    ten four- Thank you!
    Can you comfirm legal stabilizer length?

  6. #6

    Default

    MAC is Midwest Archery Championship. If you're shooting MBR, there is no limit to the stabilizer length. Hunter class is 12".
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  7. #7
    Prodigal Son jcmorgan31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orange Co., Indiana
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    MAC is Midwest Archery Championship. If you're shooting MBR, there is no limit to the stabilizer length. Hunter class is 12".
    Sounds similar to IBO rules.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stillman Valley, IL
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Thanks again

  9. #9
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Yeah...
    There is no limit on your stab in MBR, but with that sight you can shoot MBO...


  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stillman Valley, IL
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Yeah...
    There is no limit on your stab in MBR, but with that sight you can shoot MBO...
    I was thinking about that, but am unsure how many arrows I am going to lose at some 50 yarders

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie here!
    By rollingrock in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 08:41 PM
  2. newbie questions
    By akira30005 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 04:33 PM
  3. Newbie Shooting Bear Bow Questions
    By willywin in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 10:26 AM
  4. newbie questions....
    By soonercrew in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 04:02 PM
  5. Arrows + Newbie Questions
    By CYBERICK1 in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •