You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default lighted nock comparison chart

Dorge, operating manager of Firenock LLC here. I have been trying to gather data from quite a few BBS so I can have a complete chart to use. I truly believe that best information is what everyone needs. So please take some time and help to complete the chart below. The green are what I have added/correct after I first made the chart. the white area are what I had gathered on my own so far. The pink shaded are areas that need data. Please send all data to dorgeh@firenock.com. Thank you in advance for your input and attention.

lighted nock comparison chart - General Archery Forum
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

Default ttt

tons of update on the list as of 6/26/2008
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

what the?is this? are you? what?

Say your arrow spine is borderline high or low and/or FOC is not really within a good range (10% or so, for my taste). Then you add nock end weight.

What happens to the change in spine for your setup and what do you need to do to adjust so your arrow spine works with your setup, aside from buying new arrows, changing point weights (with broadheads + new arrows can be VERY expensive), re-paper tuning, re-sighting in, etc.... ?

I know the general answers but I would like another opinion of what scenarios exist from the actual makers of these lighted nocks.

Give us an example so we can better understand the impact of just swapping out stock nocks with a heavier nock with a LED and battery in it... That sounds heavy because it is heavy. Better yet, give us a real reason to use them in the first place.

I am not a fan of adding more weight than necessary to the back end of an arrow for a few reasons. Spine, FOC and total arrow weight are the main 3. Also, propensity for people to just swap nocks out, not re-tune and possibly make a poor hit on an animal. Unethical, but it's not the hunter's fault necessarily unless the manufacturers of these battery powered nocks let bowhunters know, agressively, that using them will, in fact, change the flight characteristics of an arrow.

A glow in the dark wrap or blaze orange/yellow/white/reflective wrap, in my opinion, is a much better alternative to anything that adds significant weight to the rear of the arrow shaft.

And there is no battery to go dead...

Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 06-27-2008 at 06:36 PM.
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....