You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Howdy, I'm New to the site!

Howdy. I just found the site and thought I'd hang around a while. Would ya say howdy back and tell me about yourselves. Any other OKIES?

Quote Originally Posted by Utana Yona View Post
    Howdy. I just found the site and thought I'd hang around a while. Would ya say howdy back and tell me about yourselves. Any other OKIES?
    Hello welcome to the site,lots of good people and info,yep few Okies runin loose here...........
    2010 PSE AXE 7

im not from oklahoma but welcome to the site

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

Thanks fellas, glad to get the chance to know y'all.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Good morning, don't know what you want to know but I shot a Bear Kodiak Hunter back when I was a young one and then got away from it for many years. Got back into it maybe 3 years ago, picked up a used Martin and shot it for a little while until a limb cracked and then picked up an 02 Cougar and now should be recieving a package today! My 1st interest is whitetails but my daughter and I also kill foam.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

I've been to OK a few times, am I close enough? Welcome to the site, learn what you can....share what you know!
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

You will be fine just stay clear of Chippy...

Welcome to the site......
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

Welcome! We've got everything from back yard arrow flingers (like me) to profesional tournement shooters here. We all pretty much get along and help eachother when we can. I'm a bowhunter that just started 3D this year. I shoot a Hoyt Ultra Mag. I shoot year round in my back yard, except when it's getting down around 10 above. I shoot mostly in my garage for a couple months in the winter. I bowhunted 25 years ago with a 55# bear recurve. I gave it up in the 80's and came back to it 4 years ago. Archery is an awesom sport. I hope you like it here.

Howdy, and welcome! I've always liked archery, but got into bowhunting with my bro-in-law 3 years ago. I started with a used High Country Archery bow, but bought a new Liberty I late last year. Haven't shot anything I can grill yet, though. I like to throw out that my deer season while deployed to Afghanistan doesn't count, though! This is a good site for learning lots. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post this year! Welcome, again.

This is a great place to get info and good advice. Not so much fluff as some places.

Oh, and Slippy likes to be picked on...usually by Bunnyman.

Good to have ya here.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" -- Albert Einstein

Well Howdy and welcome...

welcome to the site

FBSA Member
    http://www.thefbsa.com
    Mathews Drenalin
    Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
    Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
    Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second

to THE archery forum. Read some profiles to learn more about others.

"HONDA"

Many good people here...enjoy the place and stay a while.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" -- Albert Einstein

Great! I appreciate the welcome from y'all.

Several of you told a little about yourselves so I guess I will as well. I started shooting when I was real young, about 5 I guess. In the late 70's early 80's, when I was about 8 to 10, dad and I would frequent an archery range in Stilwell Ok. A few miles from our house. Back then I had never seen a "3D" target. The targets we had were a piece of cardboard, with a marker picture drawn on it, attached to a bale of hay. The shots were tough, very brushy, rough terrain, etc. It was great....We would pick ticks, put them on the tips of our arrows and give 'em a ride!!! (Great for a 9 year old.) I shot and hunted all through High School and College. It fed me during college! I got married and moved to Alaska for 8 years, worked alot and spent more time fishing than hunting. Archery kind of fell to the side during those years. I did get my AK certification, but didn't hunt any. While in Alaska we had our family. It seemed I was always busy building or working. So when I went fishing or hunting it was a time I had to produce. Any way We moved back to Oklahoma to be near family. Our children didn't really know their extended family.
    Now we are back in Oklahoma and my daughter is 9 and my son is 5 so we as a family are getting back into archery. It has changed alot from 1980. and gotten more expensive but It is great for the family. My son has a Fiberglass recurve, much like I started with years ago. My daughter has a Genesis, my wife has a Matthews Ignition and I am shooting a High Country Speed Force.
    I recently took my certification to be an NASP instructor. However I think I am the only one in my school that is interested in it.
    Anyway there it is in a nutshell -
    That is one reason why I asked about any other okies that might frequent this site. Since we are "back in country" and attend many of the local Eastern Oklahoma, shoots I think it would be good to get to know them better. Especially for the family side of it. Archery/hunting does not stop with age as does other sports.

Again I appreciate the welcome you folks have sent my way and I look forward to getting to know y'all! I hope I've not been too wordy.

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

There's gotta be some Okies around here somewhere. Keep look'n, you'll find 'em Sooner or later
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Welcome to the site! Enjoy. We are a fairly mild bunch
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!