You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default How many arrows do I need for a 3D shoot?

I've been practicing a lot trying to get ready for my first 3D shoot. But my arrow inventory has been reduced due to losing them or robin hoods. So now I'm down to 4 good arrows and 2 that have ripped vanes.

Default 4 should work

At the shoot's Ive been to its one arrow a target and some times 2 targets from the same flag, so if u don't lose or break any during 4 should work just fine.. Good luck at the shoot, They are fun and after the frist one you can't wait for the next, well I can't any way..
    Mathews DXT

HHA

mathews drop away rest

Victory V1

Shrewd stabilizer

Default How many arrows?

I usually took at least 6 arrows and extra nocks. You mention something about stripping your vanes? I always shot with 3-4" feathers. I could have almost 50% of the feathers missing, and still group 5 arrows in a 1 - 1 1/2" group at 20 yrds. Another thing, when the vanes are fletched, are they putting a drop of glue on each end of the fletching to hold it on, helps on pass thru's too.
    Keith
    NBEF Instructor
    South Dakota - Iowa

I usually bring 4 and only use 1, unless there are multiple targets from 1 stake like Lungbuster said. My first 3D I missed afew targets but only lost 1 arrow and broke a second. So if you've been practicing and can confidently estimate your yardage +/-5 you'll be fine.

As far as the 2 with the ripped vanes as long as most of the vane is there they may make alittle noise but they fly just fine.

Thanks for the reply guys. The only shooting since I started about a month ago has been spot targets so I didn't know if I need five arrows for 3D. The arrows with ripped vanes shoot just as good as the others so I should be Ok.