You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    In search of the big rack IN Bowhunter's Avatar

Default Ground Blind Set-up Question

I am going to put my ground blind out this fall for bow hunting deer. This year I am going to leave it out in the field instead of taking it back and forth. For those that do the same, do you close your windows before leaving each day or do you leave them open all the time even when your not there so the deer will be used to seeing the "back hole"? Thanks!

NOTE: I posted this same question on AnoTher forum, however it appears to be down......AGAIN!!!!
    DeColores
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil. 4:13
    2007 Mathews Drenalin- RipCord- Copper John- Carbon Express Maxima Hunter- FOB's- Rage Broadheads

I have been useing a pop up blind for a while now and have had good luck with it, but I have noticed that if I close my windows when im not hunting out of the blind that the deer are a little spooked by the black hole.
    I set my blind over a feeder about 25 to 30 yards,a feeder I keep feed in all year long, I also try to hide my blind with brush and limbs to help break up the outline, but the deer know it's there, not sure what it is but they know it is there.
    Let the deer get a warm fuzzy feeling with seeing it.
    I set up my blind about 3 to 4 months before i ever hunt it,I leave the windows open just like I would the day Im going to hunt that feeder, the deer come in like they have not a care in the world.
    Now if im going to hunt a new scrape line that i just found or somthing like that I dont worry about leaving the windows open or not, the deer dont have time to get that warm fuzzy feeling with seeing it and knowing it is there, In this case concealment is the key, lots of brush and branches to break up that outline. Hope this helps....

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    I have been useing a pop up blind for a while now and have had good luck with it, but I have noticed that if I close my windows when im not hunting out of the blind that the deer are a little spooked by the black hole.
    I set my blind over a feeder about 25 to 30 yards,a feeder I keep feed in all year long, I also try to hide my blind with brush and limbs to help break up the outline, but the deer know it's there, not sure what it is but they know it is there.
    Let the deer get a warm fuzzy feeling with seeing it.
    I set up my blind about 3 to 4 months before i ever hunt it,I leave the windows open just like I would the day Im going to hunt that feeder, the deer come in like they have not a care in the world.
    Now if im going to hunt a new scrape line that i just found or somthing like that I dont worry about leaving the windows open or not, the deer dont have time to get that warm fuzzy feeling with seeing it and knowing it is there, In this case concealment is the key, lots of brush and branches to break up that outline. Hope this helps....

i agree with phillip. the less you change your blind the better. i hunt a small 66acre plot behind my house and leave the blind out year round. i have turkey, deer & coyote's here all the time. i do have the ability to also watch this blind from my back porch, and see the reactions to all that pass.
    what i have noticed is that after a few weeks, all seem to feel comfy with the idea and go about there day, for one exception. the coyote's are a much more wiley critter and still to this day steer clear- due to the scents that they are able to detect, about 1000 times better than anything in the woods.
    i have also had turkeys nest in mine one year.. scent always plays a big part as well as the visibilaty factor. leave it like you want it- blind open and ready to hunt. good luck and happy hunting
    if electricity comes from electrons! where does morality come from!