You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default anybody out there from 90s

Hey, just shot a tournament today in corbin ky. Been trying to get back in it after about 10 years off. Shot pretty good today considering. Shot a 270 out of 300 with a miss and two 5's. had a ball.

Default Hey there jjw3

to the forum. Good job today that is pretty impressive after a 10 year layoff. Nice to meet you and post up my friend.

Frank

"HONDA"

yeah, i took my 8 year old son with me. I'd like to get him started in it. That's what always blew me away back years ago when I went to the big shoots. The family atmosphere in archery is unreal. You really meet so many nice people. And I really love to shoot.

I also came back to archery after a few years of staying away. My reason for staying away was medical...I was crushed into a wall by a fork truck at my place of employment 9 yrs ago. I have so much stainless in my lower back along with a implanted morphine pump to help control the pain that I have to carry a card for any and all metal detectors that I set off. But... I can still shoot...and shoot I do. Right now I am shooting around 60-75 arrows every other day trying to get ready for some upcoming IBO shoots in the Western NY area. I tried to shoot every day, but just could not do it. It is really a great feeling to be back into the sport after a nasty lay-off.
    Tweak, tweak, tweak...

Got back into target shooting @2002.... I was in the closet for about 10 years prior also 91 or 92....I was just getting into competition when the funds started falling short beings that my job sucked....Times have changed and can't figure out why I let money destroy the progress ...Well here I am, and I still suck ......

Jeff

Default Nice to have you all

PB30X Its nice to have you here and I hope you enjoy the site as much as we all do. Post up my friend and get to practicing thats all it takes to get better is some good form conscious practicing. A fella told me I have very bad form so I told him "yeah but if I do it the same way everytime I can still hit that little X thingy down there more than you" so we started shooting and for some reason he shut up and left me alone But I do think good form makes for some good shooting. I just do not have it so I work with what I have. Main thing is HAVE FUN. Get your kids involved and if you have no kids or they are older get a neihbor kid involved I think it is so rewarding shooting with a bunch of kids that are having fun than a bunch of sour faces that never miss the X. Welcome to you all and post up some ideas and questions.

"HONDA"