You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default broadheads and vanes

hey yall sorry if all my questions are getting old(being new is nerveracking)my bow is 27" draw 60# and I decided on the cx maxima hunter 250's now I just don't really know what to choose for broadhead and vane the more I think about it please help with suggestions

I'll pick for ya.........

get Muzzy 4 blade 100 gr and blazers.

Default shooting distances

what's the farthest distance you will take a shot on an animal (separate distance for turkeys, small game)

25 yds or so.

Does anyone use magnus stingers or g5 strikers? Opinions?

I've shot both, but have'nt had the pleasure of letting the air out of one with either. Both have their fair share of fans. I'ts all about sharpness and where you put it. I just tried out some of the new Striker Magnums 1.5" cut heads. No problem with accuracy, but I have'nt tried them any farther than 20 yards. There are so many good heads, just pick one and go with it.
    Muzzy, Wasp, G5, Magnus, Barrie/Rocky Mountain, Slick Tricks, NAP, all of them make good stuff. As far as vanes go, or feathers for that matter, the better the state of tune, the less fletching required, but I don't think you could have too much in a hunting situation. I use a variety, 4-fletched 2.5" feathers, 4 and 5" 3 fletch feathers, Blazers, 3" Vanetecs, 4" Flex-Fletch, and even FOBs.
    FBSA Member

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Since I use a WB I prefer Blazers. Agree there are plenty of good heads.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Asking what type of broadhead to use is opening a can of worms. It's like asking what the best hunt'n truck is. Find a good sharp one that shoots well with your bow and the arrows you use and stick (pun intended) with it!
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

I use 2" Blazers. They worked fine with Thunderheads. I got tired of retuning my bow for fixed blade broadheads, so I tried Atom razor wire broadheads. They guarantee exacy same impact point as target tips or your money back. I've shot 3 deer with them. They ran 100, 30 and 20 yards each. The first deer left a fair blood trail and only had one lung punctured. The other two left wide and heavy blood trails and I watched them die from my tree stand. The Thunderheads worked well also. I only switched because of the retuning issue. Good luck and have fun!