You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Nice Post NE1C_my_arrow

I go to AT and read what I think will help me out. All the other trash I try to stay clear of. Keep up the good posts guys. AZarcher I see no bashing of AT here just the plain truth. Most of us think AT is an awesome site but, I do not like wading through the trash sometimes. But will continue to surf the pages of AT.

"HONDA"

Ok here we go, whats up with the talk about it the archer not the bow, People say a pro will bet you with a 15 year old bow, The key word here is a PRO, At what piont in the sport of archey do you turn into a pro???????? I see post after post stating that some ones score went up a few points in this and that when they got their new trykon, or bowteck or mathews, or new fancy arrows or whatever........ how can this be? if its the archer and not the bow?????? Ive seen posts from people yaking about oh its all in the archer and not the equipment, then 20 min later i read a post from the same guy, saying he sold a hoyt shooter a new mathews and man his 300 score went from 260 to 292. how can this be if its the archer and not the bow, so what you guys are saying here is that my new trykon can be out performed by my 15 year old pse pulsar....... maybe a PRO could outshoot me with it, but i couldnt shoot it as good as my new one..... but opps im not a pro.... If this is the case, and the PROS can shoot old technoligy as good as the new, why the heck are they spending all the $$ on the new high end stuff, why in the heck would any archer do it for that mater??? if the old bows from 15 years back are as good, dang can get a good used bow from a pawn shop for 65 bucks, why go spend $700+ if your not gaining anything...... things that make you go hummm.......

Default my .02

I think equipment can help a fella get a little better. But do not think it will make a great deal of difference. As for the pros and what they shoot. They are sponsored by the company they shoot for why would they shoot a 10 or 15 year old bow and not show what the new bows can do. My question is do the pro's buy their own equipment at all? Or do they get most of it just for shooting for the company? JMO

"HONDA"

I do feel a good modern bow will make the average shooter more accurate. However, it will not take the average guy and turn them instantly into a 60X 300 shooter.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I do feel a good modern bow will make the average shooter more accurate. However, it will not take the average guy and turn them instantly into a 60X 300 shooter.
    Amen to that.. If you have a bow that shoots 305 FPS but can't judge yardage... It just means you miss faster.. LOL
    "It's closer than it looks, but farther than it appears." - Yeah, I said that.

no it dosent, if your bow shoots 305 and you miss judge a 30 yard target by 2 or 3 yards, youl still hit foam pry, if your bow shoots 260, well your going to miss by more.......

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter
    no it dosent, if your bow shoots 305 and you miss judge a 30 yard target by 2 or 3 yards, youl still hit foam pry, if your bow shoots 260, well your going to miss by more.......
    I'm sorry man, that was a poor attempt at humor on my part..

My opinion on the idea is that better equipment will make you shoot better.. and I agree, a faster bow is more forgiving to shoddy yardage judging but just because you have a bow that shoots mach 2 with it's hair on fire (any brand) doesn't mean your guaranteed a win and just because you shoot a 1974 Bear bow doesn't mean you're going to get your hat handed to you. Equipment plays a PART, but the shooter has to do his PART too.. Just my .02 cents worth.

It may be the bow will help the shooter some, but the biggest thing that a new bow does for a shooter is boost their confidence. And a more confident shooter will shoot better. This in most cases makes the shooter really think that the bow is that much better.

MoBowman ```----------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Mobowman i see your point...... Ok lets poll this and see what everyone votes as a average archer, lets base it on a 300 round, 60 arrows at 20 yards..... Bowhunter class, pins on the sight, 12inch or shorter stab, 65 # or over for draw weight. stuff we hunt with. I would say that the average archer in this setup here would score about 255 pry with 10 15 xs.... just a guess from what ive seen on leuge nights and indoor shoots. This is the average shooter here, not the guy that shoots year around 3 times a week.... Now based on that, what would a expearenced archer shoot? 295+ 40+ xs? this is the guy who shoots 3 times a week all year around, i shoot with alot of guys who shoot that much, cause i shoot that much, but i shoot a hunting set up, Shot alot of 300s with best x count was 49. now with that im in the top 15 with the target guys shooting scopes 55 lbs, and fatty line bustin arrows. then theirs the guys that rock off a 300 59 60 x almost every night. I really dont care if i beat them or not, all i want to do is be able to punch a good hole in a critter next season, thats why i do it, but the compeditive side of me wants to know where i rank in the sceem of things, i know having the best stuff will not make you a winner by itself, but it dosent hurt... can we all admit to that?? not tryin to bust anyones chops here, just looking for some awnsers about equipment!!

In my club I am beating guys that have faster bows than I do ( I have a vtec clocking about 275 fps) but I am still getting beat by a guy that shoots a Reflex Caribou with fingers because he can judge distance better than I can.

Quote Originally Posted by j3dGuam
    In my club I am beating guys that have faster bows than I do ( I have a vtec clocking about 275 fps) but I am still getting beat by a guy that shoots a Reflex Caribou with fingers because he can judge distance better than I can.
    That's exactly my point... It doesn't matter what you're shooting, as long as you can tell how far away it is.

Use this as an example, give two guys the same bow/arrows/rests/release/etc... Take that part out of the equation, but one guy judges yardage by saying "Ah, it's about 35 yards" and is best guessing and the other guy says "It's 32.5 yards" and knows it.. Who do you think will come out ahead in that contest.. LOL!

I'm telling you.. Outdoors your biggest buddy is knowing your yardage.

did some one say just because you have the top of the line or the fastest stuff you will always win?? all you guys are stating that the guys beating you are better archers, or can judge yardage better then you, im talking about shooters of the same level gaining some by having better equipment..... so what happens if 2 guys judge a target at 35 yards but its 40, one bow shoots 285 and the other shoots 250, whos going to get a better hit?? No duh the guy who can peg the yardage is going to hit better reguardless of how fast his stuff is thats not what im trying to get at here...... you all are comparing someone who is better all around vs someone not as good but with a faster bow, thats kind of a no brainer to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter
    did some one say just because you have the top of the line or the fastest stuff you will always win?? all you guys are stating that the guys beating you are better archers, or can judge yardage better then you, im talking about shooters of the same level gaining some by having better equipment..... so what happens if 2 guys judge a target at 35 yards but its 40, one bow shoots 285 and the other shoots 250, whos going to get a better hit?? No duh the guy who can peg the yardage is going to hit better reguardless of how fast his stuff is thats not what im trying to get at here...... you all are comparing someone who is better all around vs someone not as good but with a faster bow, thats kind of a no brainer to me.....
    You are absolutely correct.. No arguement there. The faster bow will help the inferior archer. Me being one of them..

But I believe in bettering myself first, and not relying on the bow to bail me out of a bad decision I just made. I think the initial jist of this thread was about how certain people feel that their particular brand of bow is better than someone elses. Pride in what you shoot is a great thing to have, but my feeling is that when it all comes down to it. The person releasing that arrow is the determining factor in how the shot comes out. The best/most expensive/fastest/prettiest bow in the world isn't going to make you a better archer.... Practice will.

Again, this is just my .02 cents and it ain't worth much.

Default Archery Talk=Bash Fest

Yes, yes, and yes.
    Y'all are 100% correct.
    I haven't posted anything there in months. It's become an outlet for a lot of unhappy, unfulfilled folks.
    Moderators are non-existent, and forum members go for the throat of any newbie to the sport.
    Very bad for archery in general.
    IN MY HUMBLE OPINION
    Happy to see this site is really growing.
    Thanks!
    Bullsaye