You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Huntin Junkie

Default Gas prices (What FOX and CNN are not telling you)

If you think that gas prices are too high, good news is on the way. Gas will be coming down in the furture. Here is how it will work.

The high prices will first affect the people that barely make it now. As gas goes up, so will food and just about everything else that we buy. People will not be driving to Taco Bell for dinner as much. That will hurt Taco Bell. Wal Mart will suffer due to lose of business. People will loose jobs because they can't afford to buy gas to go to work.

The refineries are producing gas at a good rate and I have yet to pull up to a pump and there be no gas. There is no shortage (I work in the business). When people can't afford to buy gas. There will be less cars needing gas. It will come down to the gas stations sitting there with full tanks. Full tanks means no truck are delivering gas. No trucks delivering gas means the refineries tanks will fill up. Refineries tanks are full, means super tankers are full and no place to unload. With everything full, the oil field will shut down. The price of gas will be less than a gallon of water.

The down side is that we will be back in the horse and buggy age when gas does come down. As we get our things back in order and start to use gas again. We will have to start up the refineries again and that will mean the oil field will have to start again. That is the tricky part. You just can't start up the oil fields and refineries, like a car. Just don't work that way. It takes people with experience to do that. Those people will be long gone.

For those of you that can ride this out, it will get better.

You can beleive what you see on the news, but there is no shortage of oil. In fact some of our major oil companies have oil producing platforms in the Gulf of Mexico shut down and not producing. What most don't see is that it only cost about $40 per barrel to produce oil in the Gulf. We do not get all of our oil from other countries. The record profits are from the oil compaines producing oil for $40 per barrel and selling the gas at $135 per barrel prices. Oil companies do have to buy oil from other countries to make up what we don't produce. That is true. We have no choice to but to pay what the market says for that oil. If we don't want it, they will sell it to China or someone else for that price and then we are out that tanker of oil. There is a supply and demand issue, but not what FOX is telling you. Our demand has not risen 100% in the last 7 years, like gas has.

Going green is a good thing and we do need to move forward. The technology just not there for that yet. It is coming, but not here yet. Alternative fuel is a good thing, but you can't just snap your fingers and it appear. Producing Bio Diesel and Ethanol for $6 a gallon is not helping us out at all.

Just a few things to ponder on.
    Introduce a kid to the outdoors, the American way depends on it

If you can read this, thank a teacher
    If you can read this in english, thank a soldier.

08 82nd Airborne, 29" - 60 lbs - 300 fps
    Octane Hostage Pro
    Octane quiver
    G5 XR .019 sights, Meta peep
    Sims S-coil
    Carbon Force Radial X-weav, Rage 3-blade - 390 grn

06 Tribute, 27.5" - 284 fps

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

So what your say'n is; I'll be dead and gone before we see gas prices come back down to a reasonable amount. I kind of figured that.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Why do oil companies have rigs in the gulf shut down if they can produce oil for $40 a barrel and sell it on the world market for $135?

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    Why do oil companies have rigs in the gulf shut down if they can produce oil for $40 a barrel and sell it on the world market for $135?
    That's how you keep the prices high. Plus, we can't piss off OPEC or they'll cut production and that would totally screw us.

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

What happen to the food for oil deal in iraq

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    What happen to the food for oil deal in iraq
    Smoke and Mirrors..........
    I cut things up and split them down!

Just a couple of things:

Gas prices in the states, while a lot higher than they have been, are still pretty cheap compared to what most others are paying. We pay $1.50 per LITER here....over $5.50 per gallon

Don't forget that crude oil is used for MUCH more than fuel, especially plastics

The biggest worry is that EVERYTHING gets more expensive because gas prices rise. It's been happening here a lot. Consider, the price for half a gallon of milk has gone up $1 in the last 6 to 12 months. Everything is getting more expensive....and wages are holding firm (because it's not wages that are inflating)

Beware the promise of biofuel. Trading food for fuel is a no-win situation, especially since as populations expand (as they are doing ridiculously fast) you need both more fuel AND more food. This doesn't even consider the "fresh water" argument into the equation

There's hope, though. The US has a LOT of room for improvement for public transportation. It CAN work, and save a lot of money. Moving people en-mass is the only way to lower consumption

"Green" energy may have been too expensive to consider in the past, but with the rate our electricity prices are shooting up over here, people are starting to buy solar panels and wind generators for their residences. Imagine if the power company sent you a check for a couple hundred bucks per month?

What we're talking about is the inflation to the price (and cost) of ENERGY. As energy becomes more expensive, so does everything else. The more you use (directly or indirectly) the more you'll feel the pain. Needless to say, I have already started changing my mindset and habits to meet the situation: fluorescent bulbs in the house, better insulation, more fuel efficient car, rainwater storage tanks, home window tinting, taking the train to work, and walking a LOT more.

It's not going to change unless a whole lot more land/resources/energy becomes available for free....or unless half the people on the planet disappear in a blink. Welcome to the new world.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" -- Albert Einstein

And now i am depressed and pissed off again
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    And now i am depressed and pissed off again
    I cut things up and split them down!

Go green eh? Lets see, the cost of going green lets make some solar power generators and solar panels to cut the cost of electricity. Hmmm the amount of energy a panel can ever output does not equal the amount of electricity which was used to produce that same panel. Ok so that one is out. Corn for fuel... this one is just insane, we chop down all the places where we can grow corn and then make fuel from the corn. Same situation as before we can never get as much out of the corn for fuel as the fuel we will use to produce this type of fuel.

For those of you who are still going green, the cost of a green powered car is double the cost of a hummer in the same time because the batter on the green car will have to be replaced. They used a 10 year timeline for both vehicles and the cost of the hummer over that time is actually less than the hybrid.

Oil is a NON-RENEWABLE source of power. It will run out. The world uses more oil in a day than we have available.

Bush went to talk to the Arabs to request more oil. They can't get more when they are already maxed out.

Get your facts right before you start lying to these people on AT.

There is No recourse but to go back to a simplier life but its not really possible how many people live in cities where there are no farms? How can they go back to a simplier time? The answer is they can't. People will die from starvation, and riots will occur for food. And that is if the worst happens. Which I am sure it probably will since our government doesn't seem to care about those who aren't rich or powerful.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snipsofscraps View Post
    Go green eh? Lets see, the cost of going green lets make some solar power generators and solar panels to cut the cost of electricity. Hmmm the amount of energy a panel can ever output does not equal the amount of electricity which was used to produce that same panel. Ok so that one is out. Corn for fuel... this one is just insane, we chop down all the places where we can grow corn and then make fuel from the corn. Same situation as before we can never get as much out of the corn for fuel as the fuel we will use to produce this type of fuel.

For those of you who are still going green, the cost of a green powered car is double the cost of a hummer in the same time because the batter on the green car will have to be replaced. They used a 10 year timeline for both vehicles and the cost of the hummer over that time is actually less than the hybrid.

Oil is a NON-RENEWABLE source of power. It will run out. The world uses more oil in a day than we have available.

Bush went to talk to the Arabs to request more oil. They can't get more when they are already maxed out.

There is No recourse but to go back to a simplier life but its not really possible how many people live in cities where there are no farms? How can they go back to a simplier time? The answer is they can't. People will die from starvation, and riots will occur for food. And that is if the worst happens. Which I am sure it probably will since our government doesn't seem to care about those who aren't rich or powerful.
    Hey new guy, Who exactly are you directing this to?

Quote Originally Posted by snipsofscraps View Post

Hello, not AT!

As for the rest.........????????