You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Got to ride a Suzuki Hayabusa today

My neighbor has a 2008 Hayabusa and he let me take it for a spin today. All I can say is WOW! This bike pulls hard and just keeps pulling. This thing is trouble on wheels. Just a small twist of the throttle and your flying. In case you don't know this is Suzuki's fastest motorcycle in the line. It will do 185mph stock out of the box. It was fun.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    My neighbor has a 2008 Hayabusa and he let me take it for a spin today. All I can say is WOW! This bike pulls hard and just keeps pulling. This thing is trouble on wheels. Just a small twist of the throttle and your flying. In case you don't know this is Suzuki's fastest motorcycle in the line. It will do 185mph stock out of the box. It was fun.
    sorry dude, but your crazy.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

I have the 2006 Honda Super Blackbird and find it fast enough (and a lot more comfortable than the boosa for my height). I had the 2001 model I had before this one up to 240 km/h with my wife (girlfriend at the time) riding pillion. Very freaky...not recommended, and a fart at that speed could provide enough added lift to make the bike leave the ground.

One of my dad's friends (an Arkansas State trooper) had to pick up a boosa rider a couple years ago. He came off his bike at 190mph+ (estimated) and bounced down the road before going canonball and hitting one of the steel signs (big one with distances). It took them about 6 hours to clean up and they were still missing pieces. Imagine a human-sized arrow weighing 1,259,998 grains leaving a big bow at 280fps+ then hitting something that like to move much.

Bikes are good fun, but keep the silly crap on the track. We have to keep you safe, Chris! Who would maintain 3d shoots if you off'ed yourself?!
    Last edited by Dooby; 05-26-2008 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Checked rego...bike is newer than I thought. :)
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Dooby View Post
    I have the 2006 Honda Super Blackbird and find it fast enough (and a lot more comfortable than the boosa for my height). I had the 2001 model I had before this one up to 240 km/h with my wife (girlfriend at the time) riding pillion. Very freaky...not recommended, and a fart at that speed could provide enough added lift to make the bike leave the ground.

One of my dad's friends (an Arkansas State trooper) had to pick up a boosa rider a couple years ago. He came off his bike at 190mph+ (estimated) and bounced down the road before going canonball and hitting one of the steel signs (big one with distances). It took them about 6 hours to clean up and they were still missing pieces. Imagine a human-sized arrow weighing 1,259,998 grains leaving a big bow at 280fps+ then hitting something that like to move much.

Bikes are good fun, but keep the silly crap on the track. We have to keep you safe, Chris! Who would maintain 3d shoots if you off'ed yourself?!

You notice I didn't say I WENT 185mph. I've got 3 kids and a wife to support. I would hate to leave them over something stupid.

You notice I didn't say I WENT 185mph. I've got 3 kids and a wife to support. I would hate to leave them over something stupid.
    HAHAHAHA, your afraid the wife will see this.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

They will do more than 185 out of the box, only downside to a busa is the weight. An 08 busa weighs in at 485, other sport bikes like the 750's and 1000's are around 350-380. Power to weight ratio is better on the liter (1k) bikes than the busas. Keeping the front tire down on the sportbikes is the biggest problem when it comes to running them through the gears. I will try to get some videos up this summer of us at the track on our bikes. Finding someone to roll quality video is the problem.. about like deer hunting.
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

Quote Originally Posted by tnts79 View Post
    ...Power to weight ratio is better on the liter (1k) bikes than the busas...
    Of course that depends on the size of the rider, to a degree...otherwise some of the smaller bikes could nudge it out (cause they are so light).

On a tight track it's really tough to beat the 800cc-ish bikes....and with a bit more straight aways the 1000-1100 cc bikes take off a bit...and I'm FAR too chicken to wring out anything with more guts than that (primarily for the reason of the front wheel you mentioned). You only have to leave yourself sitting in the middle of the track with the biking tumbling away ONE TIME in a lifetime to learn that lesson. MUCH more spectacular and expensive than any dry fire....especially when it's your dad's bike!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" -- Albert Einstein

Of course that depends on the size of the rider, to a degree...otherwise some of the smaller bikes could nudge it out (cause they are so light).

On a tight track it's really tough to beat the 800cc-ish bikes....and with a bit more straight aways the 1000-1100 cc bikes take off a bit...and I'm FAR too chicken to wring out anything with more guts than that (primarily for the reason of the front wheel you mentioned). You only have to leave yourself sitting in the middle of the track with the biking tumbling away ONE TIME in a lifetime to learn that lesson. MUCH more spectacular and expensive than any dry fire....especially when it's your dad's bike!
    Your Dad's bike... ouch. I never got into road racing. I didn't know they had that around here until I was married with kids. Had I known

I thought the hayabusa was faster in the 1/4mile? I agree for a track bike the gixxer 1k is much better.

65mph on 2 wheels is plenty fast enough.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Spoken like a true scooter man! Vespa anyone?

I thought the hayabusa was faster in the 1/4mile? I agree for a track bike the gixxer 1k is much better.
    On paper bikes seem to look a lot different than when you're on em. It's all about fit and finesse. Much like bows...find something that fits you and that you feel comfy throwing around and twisting....THEN worry about the cc's in the engine.

While maybe not as FAST on the straight aways as my bike, I REALLY used to be fairly quick on a Triumph Daytona 955i....simply because it felt like playing on a minibike (almost) and had "enough" grunt to sling me through the twisties. The monster bikes always zip past on the straights...but most tracks don't have many of those...and with a ~1000cc engine you're no slouch on the straights.

As for dad's bike...he didn't seem angry at the time...but I'm betting there's still a LITTLE bit of contention over it (his forehead goes red and sweaty when he here's me say: how 'bout letting me take 'er for a spin).

The street bikes are fast, no doubt, but for sheer "giggly" fun it's really hard to beat 250cc dirt bike enduro riding (though I'm guessing my current list of injuries would invite trees and big rocks into my life pretty fast). I think I just felt a tear of nostalgia.

Spoken like a true scooter man! Vespa anyone?
    Nope, I've done my 150 on a motor cycle and decided I had too much to live for. Therefore I have decided to keep it at 65 or under.

"HONDA"

Nope, I've done my 150 on a motor cycle and decided I had too much to live for. Therefore I have decided to keep it at 65 or under.
    If you're not on the track with over a grand in protective gear on...I'd have to agree with you. On the road is no place for being stupid. Stats don't lie...and if you go cyclestupid too many times you're sure to become one (a stat, that is).

Thats only second gear. First for many of the liter bikes.
    I kill foam

Most of the liter bikes will do near or over 100 in first gear. Honestly I have more fun riding my dirtbikes than on the street. I only blow the rice out of it every now and then, and mines lowered so that helps keep the front end from coming up so easy. I would like to retire and hunt deer full time sometime down the road so I will keep try to keep those semi-retarded moments 160-170+ to a minimum. 102 in first is a pretty good kick in the A**
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead