You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Tuning question

Default Tuning question

I need some help here guys, I have a definate left tear on paper and seem to have a bit of a kick in my arrow at about 15 yards out. Books says "underspined". but I really dont think so. Arrows were shooting great with a different type rest "prong" and have only had this problem since I changed to a drop away. I have checked for clearance problems and there are none. Use the old footpowder on the vane trick. Give me some opinions here.

I'am shooting a Martin Speedfire 28" draw at 62#. Gold Tip XT 55/75 80 grain tip with a Trophy Ridge Shakey Hunter drop rest. PSE Hot Shot rope release. Any ideas?

MoBowman ```---------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

If you don't think this is a torque (ie shooter) issue and the arrow is 28" or less, then there is a couple things I can think of to check out.

First is timing of the dropzone, since I am not familiar with this bow, try having the rest come up late in the draw cycle, if possible. I know drop zones have a long cycle so it may not be possible.

Second, try checking for cam lean. You can try adding twists to the yoke on the top cam. Try adding two full twists to the left side (looking from the back of the bow) of the yoke. Shoot it through paper. If it gets worse, take the two twists back out and add two to the right side of the yoke and shoot through paper again.

Just something to try. I'm probably missing something but it's past my bedtime.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I have set the timing of the rest to rise late and drop early, I'll put it on the press tomorrow night and and add a couple of twist to the yoke and see what happens. Thanks Chris

MoBowman ```---------->
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff

Did I miss something or did he say he uses a trophy taker shakey hunter? Not the Drop zone from Trophy ridge? Just wondering maybe wrong? Its O.k. chris I forgive you for your missreading
    I cut things up and split them down!

Sometimes my speed reading is not so good. Better get some new glasses.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN
    Did I miss something or did he say he uses a trophy taker shakey hunter? Not the Drop zone from Trophy ridge? Just wondering maybe wrong? Its O.k. chris I forgive you for your missreading

In Chris's defense it was a bit late that night

I finally got this thing to shoot good holes in the paper. I ended up moving the rest even farther to the left than what I had it. One of the others problems was hand torque. Not on my own doing, but get this, at one of the recent 3d shoots I was at my wrist strap came loose. I tightened it back up but it was not straight. It was pulling on the right side of my hand and creating some torque on the bow. I straightened it up and in turn it lossened on my hand. Make sense? No more torque. Thanks for the help Chris.

MoBowman ```---------->
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff