You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default We setup Tribute for a customer, wow it's fast.

We setup a Bowtech Tribute for a customer the other day. The bow was set at 29" with fast modules, 59.5" draw weight. It's a 70 turned down so a true 60# bow would be a touch faster.

The arrow is a typical hunting shaft. Axis 400 that weighed in at 401grains. The bow shot 272fps. I don't know about the bows you guys hunt with, but at 59.5# that is smokin fast.

After shooting through the chronograph, I was quickly calculating what that bow would shoot at my draw length and usual hunting draw weight.

Yes, I know the allegiance is about 10-12fps faster but I like the extra 1/2 brace height for hunting.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Anything over 270 is fast in my opinion. I was at a Deermans 3D shoot a couple of weeks ago and a friend had his BlackKnight there, they put him on a chrono and at 68# with a 29" draw he was hitting 330 fps. Not sure of the arrow weight but at that speed it doesn't really matter. Obviouslly they put him in the speed class Blazing

MoBowman ```---------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

I agree the BlackKnight is really fast. However, at that brace height any bow would be really fast. If I remember right it is like 5-3/4". Talk about a wrist slapper.

My opinion is that any hunting rig should be 7" at the minimum.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Tribute

I agree the tribute is a very fast bow. It shoots great and is very accurate. I too like the extra BH most guys around here though are going with the alligience. If I were purchasing a Bowtech it would probably be the Tribute. Just on the feel in my hands.

"HONDA"

Default speed pro arrows

I shoot axis 400's with a 27.5 inch draw, 65# with a hoyt trykon, I shoot 265fps . I shoot some HHA speed pro arrows in my bow the other day and it shot 295 they added 30 fps thats alot.. I was at the pro shop and he wanted to see what type of difference they made in my bow, I'd never use those arrows myself I just feel that they would break way to easy.. But man there are fast..
    Mathews DXT

HHA

mathews drop away rest

Victory V1

Shrewd stabilizer

Default Tribute

I love my Tribute, I am pulling 63 LBS, 28" draw with a 375 grain arrow. Getting 276fps out of it. That is with the smooth mods!!! Gonna try the speed ones to see how it feels!?!?!
    06 Tribute
    Cobra Sidewinder LX
    Rip-cord drop-away
    S-coil
    Tru-fire hurricane
    Gold-tip XT Hunter

Default What kind of speed would I get out of

Quote Originally Posted by BowTech81
    I love my Tribute, I am pulling 63 LBS, 28" draw with a 375 grain arrow. Getting 276fps out of it. That is with the smooth mods!!! Gonna try the speed ones to see how it feels!?!?!
    70# Tribute @ 28.5 inch draw with a 404 grain arrow??? I get 280 out of my Switchback now, Im just wondering if I were to purchase this bow would I be getting much more out of it...

Thanks

Tom
    07 Vulcan/05 Switchy/05 Ultratec
    Hogg-it Hunter/TT/WB rest
    Scott Saber Tooth
    Mikes Custom Bow sling

Thumbs up

29" 61lbs smooth mods peep and string loop 335 grain arrow 303fps fast and smooth.
    11 Invasion 10 sentinel trophy taker carter, sur-loc, doinker

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ex-wolverine
    70# Tribute @ 28.5 inch draw with a 404 grain arrow??? I get 280 out of my Switchback now, Im just wondering if I were to purchase this bow would I be getting much more out of it...

Thanks

Tom
    When you say more you are talking speed correct? Assuming so, Yes, I could easily be pushing 300fps if I pulled 70lbs. I don't have any figures to tell you your exact speed, but I'll bet if you had the same setup in a tribute you would be close to the 300 mark, depending on the modules you select. Go to a dealer and try it out, get some numbers. Just remeber speed isn't everything(but it helps!!!).
    06 Tribute
    Cobra Sidewinder LX
    Rip-cord drop-away
    S-coil
    Tru-fire hurricane
    Gold-tip XT Hunter

Default Yes, I was wonder what kind of speed I would get

Quote Originally Posted by BowTech81
    When you say more you are talking speed correct? Assuming so, Yes, I could easily be pushing 300fps if I pulled 70lbs. I don't have any figures to tell you your exact speed, but I'll bet if you had the same setup in a tribute you would be close to the 300 mark, depending on the modules you select. Go to a dealer and try it out, get some numbers. Just remeber speed isn't everything(but it helps!!!).
    I will check them out as soon as I can...Pretty impressive bow by the sounds of it

Thanks
    07 Vulcan/05 Switchy/05 Ultratec
    Hogg-it Hunter/TT/WB rest
    Scott Saber Tooth
    Mikes Custom Bow sling