You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Do you mark your glass??

Do you guys mark the glass in your scope? Until now, I have never thought it was a big deal but I took my glass out last night and cleaned it and just put it back in and screwed it tight. Went to shoot today and was not even close to the X!! So I guess I will put a mark on the scope now! I thought I was going nuts or something came loose until I remembered that I cleaned the glass...I was even blaming the finger sling that I was trying to get used to tonight!
    Hook 'Em Horns

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

never had that problem before hook
    but it is a powerful good idea

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

It became a habit to put the lens back in the same especially when using dots some lenses will have a color code mark on the outer most edge and others I will use the laser etched power mark on the lens the 4x for example
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Quote Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
    It became a habit to put the lens back in the same especially when using dots some lenses will have a color code mark on the outer most edge and others I will use the laser etched power mark on the lens the 4x for example
    yeah, my sword lens has writing on it, but my true-spot doesn't I will use a marker of some king I guess...
    Hook 'Em Horns

Does that have to do with not having "optically centered glass" ?

I do not have that issue at all. Stinks that you do though...

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

I dunno, but from what I am told a lot of lenses have this issue and that most of the pros mark their lens in some manner I don't remember having this problem with my other lens either and I am quite certain I cleaned it a couple times...
    Hook 'Em Horns

[QUOTE=Ronhop;172413]Does that have to do with not having "optically centered glass" ?

Yes! If your lens is not optically centered where you percieve the target will move if you move your lens. That is why we hand center and verify every lens we make. bring your lens to our booth at the IBO shoots and we will find the center of your lens free.

have heard good things about archery optics, I don't have any lenses from them, but Im sure I will at some time or another. I do have a lot of other types of lenses, the only one that I do not have that issue with is the swarovsky. Was I just lucky with this one? I have eight different lenses, CBE, HTM, viper . Some come close to the zero , and some are quite far off. I do mark them, and they still do not come back perfect. And we all know, perfect is what we want. Not close. Good luck

[QUOTE=archeryoptics;172768]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Does that have to do with not having "optically centered glass" ?

Yes! If your lens is not optically centered where you percieve the target will move if you move your lens. That is why we hand center and verify every lens we make. bring your lens to our booth at the IBO shoots and we will find the center of your lens free.
    That would rock, but I won't be at any IBO shoots

I could use another true-spot style scope though if you make those yet!
    Hook 'Em Horns