You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Aim better at center spot?????

On AT there is a thread titled "Why do I aim at the middle". http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=318480 It is one of my problems right now. What is your opinion on the matter and some possible cures? I have had this problem for about 5 months and was wondering if this could be a start to TP issues? The last few weeks I have been unable to float my pin on the spot. Please enlighten me fella's. Thanks alot...

"HONDA"

I had the same problem for some time, I think it all boils down to focusing on the target at hand. After awhile I quit shooting at the center spot and started concentrating on the outer spots. Now I can nail the X on all five and don't seeem to have the problem anymore. Good Luck

MoBowman ```--------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Default Tp

Depending on how bad you are, anything you try could take days, weeks or months. It can be done, I did it using method number one, I also always keep this in mind, Aim Aim Aim...Follow thru. I concentrate on aiming, even saying it out loud if I have to and let my subconcious release. Our biggest mistake is we try something for a week and if we're not fixed. it doesn't work. One thing does not work for all people, sometimes what works for me will not work for you, and sometimes it takes a combo.

See if either of these will work for you: at 5 yrds use an 8" paper plate, for 3 days come to full draw with an arrow, aim at the plate for a full 6 seconds, and let down, about an hour a day. Then for the next three days do the same thing, but release every fifth time. Then back to 10 yards and a 5" paper plate, same basic sequence, 3 days aim and no shooting, then 3 days every fourth shot. Fifteen yrds and a 4" paper plate every third shot on the last 3 days. Then finally 20 yrds on a 3" paper plate and on the last 3 days, every other shot release.

or their is rotational aiming: 30 days. on a regular spot target, put a 3" spot where all the hours would be on a clock face. For the first weeks, one hour a day, practice aiming at all the spots, but not in order. If you always come from the top, vary it, come in from the bottom, next time from the left side and so on. Hold each time for 6 full seconds. Start at 10 yrds, after week one, shoot every fourth time, week three 15 yrds and shoot every third time, and week four every other shot. All one hour a day.

Finally blank bale shooting: (1 hr each day) At 5 yrds for the first few weeks, draw with an arrow and release, but not at the same place, scatter your shots. Then for two weeks, draw and with eyed closes feel the proper shooting form before releasing.

If you can't get it worked out, get a coach. I wish you the best!
    Keith
    NBEF Instructor
    South Dakota - Iowa

Thanks alot guys I appreciate all the help.

"HONDA"