You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: crossbow

New to archery

Default crossbow

first off, mornin yall! been doin some research on crossbows, my brother-in-law was in a machine accident and lost his left thumb, so he gave me his bow, but archery season was what he lived for. he can no longer hold a bow, and can hardly draw. in PA where we live if u have a physical disability u can hunt with a crossbow during regular archery season. neway, does neone have any suggestions on what type/brand/style i should check into before i take him to cabellas to try and buy one for him? his bow setup and everything he gave me totalled him around five grand, and i want to be able to repay him with a crossbow to as close to that as possible. thanx to all

btw, i drive for schneider national on the walmart dedicated account, if ne of u live in/around eastern ohio and know of ne good hunting spots please let me know (they allow me to bring my bow, i practice on the truck lot)

Quote Originally Posted by vgvxfm1 View Post
    first off, mornin yall! been doin some research on crossbows, my brother-in-law was in a machine accident and lost his left thumb, so he gave me his bow, but archery season was what he lived for. he can no longer hold a bow, and can hardly draw. in PA where we live if u have a physical disability u can hunt with a crossbow during regular archery season. neway, does neone have any suggestions on what type/brand/style i should check into before i take him to cabellas to try and buy one for him? his bow setup and everything he gave me totalled him around five grand, and i want to be able to repay him with a crossbow to as close to that as possible. thanx to all

btw, i drive for schneider national on the walmart dedicated account, if ne of u live in/around eastern ohio and know of ne good hunting spots please let me know (they allow me to bring my bow, i practice on the truck lot)
    I sell bows daily but have never seen a bow package worth 5g's before but check out the Bowtech Stryker and the TenPoint crossbows. They'll run 1500-2000 for a package and are excellent.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I have no first hand experience with any of them but a couple of guys on another forum I'm on had to go to xbows and they both are very impressed with the TenPoint GT Curve's accuracy.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

I've never used one myself, but I've heard nothing but good things about 10-point's!
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

i sell mainly the excaliber and stryker .

New to archery

Default thanx

thank you for input, i looked at cabellas and so far the excalibers are the lightest and boast the best accuracy at 20 yards, but i want him to hold each one and test it out, when i have more time ill get all the info from him on my bow and the setup.