You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: New

Default New

Hello. I'm new for this forum and was wondering if anyone has a switchback ld. I just bought one last week. I have a 31.5 draw and 70lbs. with gold tip 7595 carbons and 100grain tip, 2" vanes. I was wondering what the speed is?

I've been shooting pse's in the past, a intruder 95lbs and a brute force 92lbs. both of them with 26.5" aluminum arrows. Overdraws to the max. They have been shooting around 300fbs. I sighted the LD in to 60 yards and the pins on the LD are spaced about the same as on the other two. So I'm guessing that it is around 300 also.

I shopped around for about a month and shot many bows and the mathews felt the best. Bowtechs had to small of a grib on them. If they had a different grib I might of got one since there just down the road from where I work.

We recently sold a switchback LD to someone shooting our indoor league. Boy did his scores take a jump in the positive direction. Great shooting bow.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Welcome

Hey there elkfever to 3Dshoots forum. The LD is not one of the fastest bows around but you talk about a great shooter. Very smooth,quiet,and forgiving. Enjoy yourself my new friend.

"HONDA"

I went with the ld for the reason it was one of the only ones that fit my hand and long draw. I shot it this weekend a couple hundred times. I had tight groups from 20 yards to 60. Even shot it to 100 yards for fun.

I just got back from the bow shop, I'm shooting 73lbs and 283fps. I'm trying find my arrow weight. I figured it was around 400 grains. There gold tip 7595 xt hunter black, 100 grain tip, 2" vanes, 31" long. Does anyone know what the true weight is?

I just got my arrows weighed. There 419 grains, gold tip xt hunter black 7595 with 100 grain tip, 2" vanes. I'm thinking of trying gold tip ultralight pro 300 at 401.3 grains, or ultralight pro 22 seires at 379.1 grains. All with 100 grain tips and 31" long.

I guess 283fps isn't that bad of speed with a 419 grain arrow.

I just want more speed.

Default Thats good for the LD

Quote Originally Posted by elkfever
    I just got my arrows weighed. There 419 grains, gold tip xt hunter black 7595 with 100 grain tip, 2" vanes. I'm thinking of trying gold tip ultralight pro 300 at 401.3 grains, or ultralight pro 22 seires at 379.1 grains. All with 100 grain tips and 31" long.

I guess 283fps isn't that bad of speed with a 419 grain arrow.

I just want more speed.
    The bow was made for you big guys and not a speed bow...Very forgiving accurate bow...

My 05 Switchback is rated faster than the LD...I get 280 FPS with a 28.5" draw at 70lbs and a 404 grain arrow...75/95's

Trust me, what you think you might lack in speed you will make up for in accuracy with that bow...your bow is plenty fast enough...congrats on a fine machine

Tom
    07 Vulcan/05 Switchy/05 Ultratec
    Hogg-it Hunter/TT/WB rest
    Scott Saber Tooth
    Mikes Custom Bow sling

I would like to see a Hooter Shooter test on the Switchback, Switchback Xt, and the Switchback LD. I am just venturing a guess that the original will out shoot the other two. I have a feeling
    I cut things up and split them down!