You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Workmans comp.?

Default Workmans comp.?

Does anyone know how long you can wait to report an accident?
    I reported it to my boss that i got hurt on the job but they didnt file it because they have a perfect accident record and will probably fire me if i report it
    If I get worse with this retary cuff or something later im getting a lawer if they fire me..
    There under new management and are watching all us older guys like me who have been there for awhile to see who they want to get rid of.
    Someone told me you can blame an accident on your work up to 1 year after it happens...is this true?
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Document everything and get a lawyer now. Spending a little on a lawyer now could save you a lot of grief later. He will tell you how to proceed.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

not very long

You have to report the incident to your employer immediately. You should also retain a lawyer. You will not have to pay for an attorney they only get paid when you finally do go to court. They are there to make sure you get your rights. Which you have 3, to get proper medical treatment, to get paid while under treatment and to get a lump sum payment if permanent disability occurs. If you did not report the injury you cannot make a claim that you were injured at work. Injuries at work MUST BE REPORTED. They must file a claim for worker comp immediately even if nothing is being done other than one doctors appointment.

As an archer they can blame the rotator cuff injury on archery so beware.

I sure hope they made out a report.

"HONDA"

Yeah ken if they didn't fill out an injury report you may be screwed...but definately contact a lawyer that deals with comp cases, they can give you all your answers...

Good luck buddy.

In our contract with the teamsters you must report any injury the day it happens or the company could not be held liable. You also must go to the clinic that day as well.

I did have one case were a guy hurt his back and came in the next morning in pain. He did get a week off paid..But,,,, if were long term the company would have fought him on it. I know now they would have argued (you went home fine came back in hurt).."you must have did it at home then??"..

I would get a lawyer!
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

I don't know how long you can wait to make a claim, but I'm pretty sure they can't fire you for getting hurt at work.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

my husbands cousin didn't file it until 6 mths later, but I think he had lots of witnesses.....big messs

Default ok

Here's the whole story and you tell me?

About 3 weeks ago i had a big guard off of a machine fall on me..weighed about 150lbs the size of a motorcycle...i didnt get hurt but thought i pulled a muscle in my back..i told my boss i pulled a muscle and he said take it easy out there we dont need no injurys...
    didnt go 2 the doc. no big deal it didnt get worse but the pulled muscle didnt go away.

sat 8days ago we were short on help and a machine got jammed up
    i tryed to pull the jam out and something pulled real bad in the same sholder.
    I stopped..went into my bosses office told him that i..RE-INJURED my sholder and after work i was going to the emr...He didnt say anything..just ok hope you feel better.

I have been in terable pain and in and out of the er,doinig ct's and mir's all last week.
    I called work and told personal i would be off under doctors care ...which i am
    but have not been back to work yet..im going in tomarrow..and then i can tell them this is a comp claim or not..i think?

I reported it to my production manager before i left, to me its up to him to file an accident report...

I am a supervisor and im under no union and i can be fired at any time..
    kbohunt

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    FBSA-MEMBER

dodgensince74

Your employers insurance has to pay your medical bills that are acrued due to the injury. Make sure you keep a record of who you told, when you told them and the times and dates you told them. Keep a record of every conversation you had/have with anyone in your company that pertains to the injury. They are required to report all injurys to thier insurance, and the state. I would not recommend you shooting your bow or doing anything with your upper body until this is all settled, they would be more then happy to take a picture of you doing something that can be used to their benifit. They will try to use a picture of you lifting a grocery bag of trash and putting it in a trash can against you, this I know from personal experience. Most states have a labor board that you can contact about your injury if your company tries to fire you, I would go there first before retaining a lawyer. You can see a lawyer first since they give you a free consultation, be sure to visit more then 1 lawyer since they are not all the same, if you have to get one get one you feel comfortable with. Good luck.

Default Hi Bud

Quote Originally Posted by dodgensince74 View Post
    Your employers insurance has to pay your medical bills that are acrued due to the injury. Make sure you keep a record of who you told, when you told them and the times and dates you told them. Keep a record of every conversation you had/have with anyone in your company that pertains to the injury. They are required to report all injurys to thier insurance, and the state. I would not recommend you shooting your bow or doing anything with your upper body until this is all settled, they would be more then happy to take a picture of you doing something that can be used to their benifit. They will try to use a picture of you lifting a grocery bag of trash and putting it in a trash can against you, this I know from personal experience. Most states have a labor board that you can contact about your injury if your company tries to fire you, I would go there first before retaining a lawyer. You can see a lawyer first since they give you a free consultation, be sure to visit more then 1 lawyer since they are not all the same, if you have to get one get one you feel comfortable with. Good luck.
    Thanks for the info
    Im on short term disibility for about the next 6 weeks
    so ill be around
    thankyou all for your input i really mean it
    thanks
    kbohunt

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    FBSA-MEMBER

i went to an eye dr once to get something from eye, (dirt or spec of something, hurt bad) happened on the job.. The drs office sent a notice to my employer that it happened on the job..

so, you might see about that..i would think that would be a great piece of documentation.
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    i went to an eye dr once to get something from eye, (dirt or spec of something, hurt bad) happened on the job.. The drs office sent a notice to my employer that it happened on the job..

so, you might see about that..i would think that would be a great piece of documentation.
    Thankyou JAG
    Ill check into it
    ive got to see the doc monday so he can fill out dis.papers and ill check it out
    thanks.
    kbohunt

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    FBSA-MEMBER

if you report an injury, be prepared to be drug tested.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    if you report an injury, be prepared to be drug tested.
    and cavity searched.........
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    and cavity searched.........
    Your a very troubled man....................

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    Here's the whole story and you tell me?

About 3 weeks ago i had a big guard off of a machine fall on me..weighed about 150lbs the size of a motorcycle...i didnt get hurt but thought i pulled a muscle in my back..i told my boss i pulled a muscle and he said take it easy out there we dont need no injurys...
    didnt go 2 the doc. no big deal it didnt get worse but the pulled muscle didnt go away.

sat 8days ago we were short on help and a machine got jammed up
    i tryed to pull the jam out and something pulled real bad in the same sholder.
    I stopped..went into my bosses office told him that i..RE-INJURED my sholder and after work i was going to the emr...He didnt say anything..just ok hope you feel better.

I have been in terable pain and in and out of the er,doinig ct's and mir's all last week.
    I called work and told personal i would be off under doctors care ...which i am
    but have not been back to work yet..im going in tomarrow..and then i can tell them this is a comp claim or not..i think?

I reported it to my production manager before i left, to me its up to him to file an accident report...

I am a supervisor and im under no union and i can be fired at any time..

Sounds to me like you just need to suck it up and go back to work.