You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sight Bubble Level

Just wondering....when you put on a sight with the bubble level, do you have to make sure it is level with the bow, or does the mounts just make it level?

How do you level the level?

Wheely,
    Ya gotta put the bow in a bow vise and level off the string. Forward, backwards, left and right. Then level the site using the adjustments from there. Setting the third plane adjustment on your site is a little more difficult. Maybe some one will chime in with a good set of instructions on how to set the third plane. I know there is a couple ways to do it but I am not sure how to explain it..
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Wheely,
    Ya gotta put the bow in a bow vise and level off the string. Forward, backwards, left and right. Then level the site using the adjustments from there. Setting the third plane adjustment on your site is a little more difficult. Maybe some one will chime in with a good set of instructions on how to set the third plane. I know there is a couple ways to do it but I am not sure how to explain it..
    3rd Axis???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Randy Ulmer says the best way to set third "plane" is shoot uphill and downhill. hold your bow level according to the bubble, shoot a group. If the center of the group is left or right, make a small adjustment and try it again. keep doing this until the group is hitting where you aim on both level and sloped ground. or you could do the old weighted string trick.

Thumbs down Wow

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Wheely,
    Your a staff shooter for a few companies and you don't know what 3rd axis is or how to explain it? Dude....you give other staff shooters a bad name. No wonder guys complain we are just billboards to get discounted items. At least some of us know what we are talking about and have the exp. to talk with other shooters and explain to them in detail so they can understand. Wish I could say the same about you........
    Last edited by stihlpro1; 06-13-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stihlpro1 View Post
    Your a staff shooter for a few companies and you don't know what 3rd axis is or how to explain it? Dude....you give other staff shooters a bad name. No wonder guys complain we are just billboards to get discounted items. At least some of us know what we are talking about and have the exp. to talk with other shooters and explain to them in detail so they can understand. Wish I could say the same about you........
    Hey Junior if ya got something to help out feel free to post up. But if your just here to make an a$$ of yourself you have accomplished it...

Please enlighten us. I am sure your know how is inmeasuerable, In this and all things.
    Mathews Ovation 60 lbs 29 Dl- Ranger custom Strings
    HHA 5500 ol - Trophy Taker shakey hunter-
    Tru Ball pro diamond- Gold Tip X-cutters= awsome shootin'
    (new)FBSA Member

Is this post your idea of how staff shooters should present themselves? I bet your sponsors are glad you dont list them in your signature line.

Default uncalled for !!

I rarely post here, mostly like to lurk, read and learn... but I just read this post and felt strongly enough to say........Dude!!, YOU just gave Staff shooters a bad name with that response!! I would rather have someone be honest and say let somebody else who can explain better show you, so it comes out right, than to be spoken down to by an obvious know-it-all like yourself.
    Elite GT500 29.5", DL 71#, 321fps.@402grs.

ARE YOU DONE?

or would you like to continue making a DONKEY of yourself....

I think this might be an UNWARENTED PERSONAL ATTACK.......

Maybe the person you are so quik to pass judgement on, was letting someone else answer the question as they felt another could do it better......

HOW DID YOU HELP THE SITUATION???

YOU DIDNT......you resulted to "name calling and finger pointing"

when I replied to the question, I was joking and FIDDLE knew that.....

way to go on your second post......

YOU MUST BE ONE HELL OF A GUY TO HANG AROUND......

I just figured it out boys and girls........

he is from Jersey.......they post, like they drive......

I choose staff shooters based on a few things that I personally consider important. Not one of those requirements is to be a bow tech. They all revolve around personality and attitude. The majority of my shooters probably can't build a string.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    I choose staff shooters based on a few things that I personally consider important. Not one of those requirements is to be a bow tech. They all revolve around personality and attitude. The majority of my shooters probably can't build a string.
    I can and have......

just saying.......

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I can and have......

just saying.......
    But your Bunnyman we would expect nothing less?....

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Since it seems I'm working on earning a badge anyway: You're centainly off to a good start; Fiddle didn't deserve that and as you can see this sort of thing doesn't sit too well on here even with the ordinary members.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

I got a couple billboards to advertise on

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

Default ordinary members?

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    Since it seems I'm working on earning a badge anyway: You're centainly off to a good start; Fiddle didn't deserve that and as you can see this sort of thing doesn't sit too well on here even with the ordinary members.
    Ordinary??
    Were you refering to me? I hope so.......It might be the nicest way I've ever been referred to!
    Elite GT500 29.5", DL 71#, 321fps.@402grs.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chilis chop shop View Post
    Ordinary??
    Were you refering to me? I hope so.......It might be the nicest way I've ever been referred to!

Yeah I debated with myself about using that word for anyone on here.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    I got a couple billboards to advertise on

(sorry, couldn't help myself)
    sweet.......

Ummm not quit getting the 3rd axis thing. But am curios to learn more. Anybody got one of them "links" that might explain it more. Maybe a picture would help get it through my thick head.
    Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?