You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Smile to clicker or not ?

Hi To one and all, a newby here so be gentle with me.. could I please ask your view on clickers..I know they are ment to give you greater consistancy.. but i've heared mixed views and am thinking of trying one out.. am not getting groups at 60/70/80/100 yards.. only pulling 38lb some of us ladies dont have big muscles..any advice would be welcom. thanks

Some people love the clicker. Me personally, I want to be very honest in my shots and not cheat or rip the release. I prefer not to use a clicker.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Never used one, I think they would make me flinch too much.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Never used one, I think they would make me flinch too much.
    I bought a new release that had the clicker after using one without for some time. That click caused so much anxiety, that every time it clicked, I had to stop everything for a second and regain my composure before continuing the shot.

I would recommend trying it both ways for a reasonable period of time and seeing which works best for you....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    I bought a new release that had the clicker after using one without for some time. That click caused so much anxiety, that every time it clicked, I had to stop everything for a second and regain my composure before continuing the shot.

I would recommend trying it both ways for a reasonable period of time and seeing which works best for you....
    I was shooting next to a fella that was using a clicker..........he clicked and I punched right into the wood above my target.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I was shooting next to a fella that was using a clicker..........he clicked and I punched right into the wood above my target.
    LOL....

If you can concentrate enough to prepare for the click and accept that it is going to happen and be a starting point, then I think a person will be fine. I'm so used to not having one, that I forget about it and when it clicks and tense up like a dog peeing on an electric fence.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Just a question to clarify... are we talking about a "clicker" as on a recurve bow? Or are we talking about a "click" as on a hinge release?

Quote Originally Posted by GlowbugAng View Post
    Just a question to clarify... are we talking about a "clicker" as on a recurve bow? Or are we talking about a "click" as on a hinge release?
    LOL..... I don't really know for sure. I was talking about a back tension release myself. I may have been way off topic....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

LOL..... I don't really know for sure. I was talking about a back tension release myself. I may have been way off topic....
    What made me question was the user name... Spig... referring to spigarelli? And with the distances she is shooting, makes me think she is prepping for FITA?

What made me question was the user name... Spig... referring to spigarelli? And with the distances she is shooting, makes me think she is prepping for FITA?
    Probably thinks we are a bunch of knuckleheads......
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Probably thinks we are a bunch of knuckleheads......
    yep, that's what I was thinking too.......

That's because you weren't shooting the clicker correctly.

Once you get to full draw and settle in your anchor....you need to go STRAIGHT TO the click and start your shot from there

That is what I was thinking also

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    That's because you weren't shooting the clicker correctly.

Once you get to full draw and settle in your anchor....you need to go STRAIGHT TO the click and start your shot from there

I've never claimed to do anything right.....but I know how to shoot a clicker...

I posted this above.....

If you can concentrate enough to prepare for the click and accept that it is going to happen and be a starting point, then I think a person will be fine. I'm so used to not having one, that I forget about it and when it clicks and tense up like a dog peeing on an electric fence.

I know how to shoot a clicker, I've just been shooting without one for a while now and I'm used to not having one. If you like a click.....then shoot a click
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Default My opinion...

FWIW... and assuming this is about a "click" on a hinge release.

my preference is NO to a click! I can draw back, anchor, aim and release just fine without that little click to indicate that the shot is about to happen. But it is all personal preference.
    Last edited by GlowbugAng; 06-20-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: adding additional comment