You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default R-100 in Quitman, Arkansas.. Great time!! Pics!

Well, after showing up on Sunday (and missing the torrential rains on Saturday, my hat's off to the folks that made a two day event out of it) at about 8:30 AM with a bow that had "untrusted" sights (long story, but I've learned that being stupid isn't an excuse!). My buddy and I flung a few practice arrows and headed out to the range to stick 100 of the finest that Rinehart had to offer. Had a BLAST, and I highly recommend this to anyone that hasn't done it before. Here are a few pics I took while on the range, with a little narative for each. My apologies for the long windedness in advance.

I'll start with the "Apple buck".. As many of you know, the R-100 has replicas of the top bow kills in the country. At the stakes where these replicas are, they have a little realtor type sign with the information about the buck.. Who killed it, how it scored, etc.. So, me and my buddy are at this target and there are three guys in a group ahead of us... We can't see the target they are shooting at, but directly one of them fires off and I shortly after the bow goes off.. I hear the sickening sound of an arrow going off through the woods. Didn't think too much of it until I hear another bow go off.. And another arrow through the timber.. By now, I'm thinking.. Hmm, two misses on one target.. Not good. Then the third guy steps up, and you guessed it... ANOTHER arrow through the woods!!! By now, I'm asking my buddy.. Just what the h*ll are they shooting at that all three of them missed it!! Well, here is what they were shooting at:

R-100 in Quitman, Arkansas.. Great time!!  Pics! - Rinehart R100 Tournaments

We walk over to the target after, there are two stakes and there is one of the those little signs. It says:

"Apple Buck"

1st shot: Shoot the deer and score normally.
    2nd shot: Shoot the apple and score accordingly:
    Take no shot: score 10 points
    Shoot at apple and miss: score 14 points
    Shoot at apple and arrow sticks: score 24 points

Now, the coversation between me and my buddy turned to just exactly how important is the possibility of scoring an extra 4 to 14 points vs. loosing a $10 arrow. Anyway, I'd been having a rough day and had missed two targets already and recovered my arrows so I figured I would be at least one up arrow-wise even if I did miss (should have lost them both, just for being ignorant.. See above comment about "untested" sights). Anyway, the end result was what you see.. My first shot (the high one on the deer), was to get the yardage down.. The second one was for the apple. Proud to say I contributed one very fine X-Cutter to the lost arrow graveyard behind that buck!! Only missed by about an inch on the left hand side, but a miss is miss. My buddy however, hit the apple square and I took his pic with it. Great shooting!!

Not much in the way of stories for the rest, so I'll just post the pics. Here ya go, hope you enjoy them:

Anyway, had an unreal time.. Was beat down, dog tired by the time we got home but would do this again in a heartbeat. I'm sure we'll be there again next year. I ended up shooting a 902, by buddy edged me out with a 904. Next year, I'll have my sight situation lined up a little better and I'm gonna claim one of those R-1000 pins.
    "It's closer than it looks, but farther than it appears." - Yeah, I said that.

Default More pics...

Didn't realize you could only post four images in your message..

Great pictures NE1C, sounds like you guys really had a great time. They had the Rinehart last month here in Missouri but I wasn't able to make it Maybe nexst year.

MoBowman ```---------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Thanks.. Man, it was a great time. I highly recommend you go if you get the chance next year. I'll be going back for sure, with my sights in order this time.

I want that R-1000 pin..

Default Awesome pics

I was planning on hitting two r-100's this year but will be in Canada for the one in the Horicon, so Sparta I will definitely do. Need another R-1000 pin.

You guys are lucky,here in Luxembourg I never saw a Archery Tournamentlike this one!

Nice pics,I like the apple buck^___^

Thanks for the kind words fellows...

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman
    I was planning on hitting two r-100's this year but will be in Canada for the one in the Horicon, so Sparta I will definitely do. Need another R-1000 pin.

I'm gonna get my pin next year for sure.. should have gotten it this year, especially with center 12's. I don't get the luxury of shooting them very often. Everything here is ASA with low 12's.

The entire week before the shoot, I couldn't get in touch with anyone to confirm if we were going to shoot this R-100. Saturday rolled around, and it was RAINING!! Not nice rain, but on the verge of torrential.. About mid week previous to this, I had gotten in a Toxonics Naildriver sight in for my bow to replace my pivot style movable I had been shooting forever.. But the Tox didn't have a scope on it. Well Saturday about 1 PM, still not hearing from anyone and rain pouring like it was coming out of buckets.. I assumed we weren't going.. So, I decided to tear my pivot sight down (literally, it was in pieces) and put the scope on the Tox.. About an hour later, I get a call from Jessie (pictured) asking if we were still going.. So, the only option I had was to put my hunting sights (sighted in for a totally different arrow/broadhead) and go out in the rain Saturday afternoon and sight it in for my current setup.

Next day, when we got to the Rinehart.. I shot at the bags a bit before we went to the course, my 20 yd. pin was about 1" high.. My 30 yd. pin was about 3" high and they didn't have any bags beyond 30 yards to practice on. So, I had no idea where my 40 and 50 pins where hitting.. It was a guessing game all day for me. But I had fun, regardless. Next year, things will be different..

I shot the tournament also on Sunday. Had a lot of fun with the whole family. Where can we find out the results of the shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLEARKANSAN
    I shot the tournament also on Sunday. Had a lot of fun with the whole family. Where can we find out the results of the shoot?
    Cool, we probably seen each other there and didn't know.. I had posted over at AT for anyone that was going to be there to PM me before and we could all meet up and shoot together. We just had two in our group, and for me.. the more the merrier.

As far as scores, the Rinehart rep there said they would be posted online but I went to the site (www.Rinehart3-d.com) and there is nowhere to find the scores. I emailed them and asked if I was just missing it, and got a reply saying that they had intended to put up a new site with a link to R-100 scores but haven't gotten it put up yet.

Where in Arkansas are you located? There are a few of us planning on being at the Hoyt State qualifier on the 27th of this month at Ingrams (and hopefully the State Championship) an also the Pearson Classic in Pine Bluff (don't have the date handy). There are several shoots here in NW Arkansas if you're not too far away, nothing big but good fun. If you're interested in details, hit me up with a PM.

I live outside of Benton. I plan on being at the Ben Pearson Memorial and also at the THE state championship. I will also need to shoot a qualifier for the Hoyt 3d state championship. Check out www.ardeerhunting.com and log into to view bowhunting and then 3d and you can check out the pics I posted from the Rinehart shoot.

Do you have to be registered to see that area? I tried to find it, but didn't see the post anywhere..

Yes, you have to register on the site to view that part of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLEARKANSAN
    Yes, you have to register on the site to view that part of the forum.
    Got around to registering.. Finally!

Great pics, and we did run into you folks out there!! You guys were shooting the two dinosaurs in the same place where the alien was. Your little boy was having a hey-day in the water! Seemed to me he had the right idea too, it was getting a little warm right about then.

We were the two guys standing there looking bewildered.. I remember the baby stroller, that's how I figured it out.

As far as I know unless something changes.. The guy I was shooting with, myself and at least on other guy will be shooting the Hoyt qualifier the 27th of this month. I'm going to try to make it to the ASA qualifier in Van Buren on the 21st as well, if I can get over that way. Then the ASA State Championship (IF I qualify) and the Hoyt State shoot are on the same weekend.. So, it'll be the ASA on Saturday (agian, IF I qualify) and the Hoyt on Sunday.. then back home. UHG!

I'm sure we'll see you at Ingrams..

Again, great pics.. My camera only holds 25 pics and I was worried I was going to miss something cool.. So, I ended up not taking very many. I'll know better next time.

Default Apple buck

I cant wait for the michigan r100. Can you tell me the yardage on the apple shot they had you shooting at?

Quote Originally Posted by jimposten
    I cant wait for the michigan r100. Can you tell me the yardage on the apple shot they had you shooting at?
    Where we shot it at, it was approx. 35 yards or so. My sights were off a bit, and I shot my first one into the deer to get my yardage down. I shot for 35 and was OK for yardage.. I just missed wide left by about an inch.

The apple was about the size of a softball, maybe a little larger since it was kind of oblong..

Good luck on it, if in doubt.. use the deer as a range finder, then shoot the apple.