You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 73
  1. #1
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default Bass and Bucks Wabash R-100 Camping Info

    I posted this as a reply to Bunny's thread but decided to create a new one to continue the discussion...

    I spoke with Glenn from Bass and Bucks this morning. I told him who we were/where we are 'from' and what our tentative plans were for the R-100.

    Here's my best recollection of what he told me on the phone in answers to the questions I/we had...

    He said they have camping for around 400+ people. They are expecting about 150 people to be camping for the R-100.

    He said that their camping area is about 14 acres of mowed area with trees spread around.

    They have water to fill up jugs with. They will also have a couple of cabins open for campers to take showers.

    If we give him a count of people/tents he will rope off a large area for us so we can be in our own group. We can pick where we want to set up and then he'll bring us fire rings to place where we want. He will have a bin full of cut up firewood for free.

    They will have catered food all weekend, including a giant pot of 'community chili'. He said that you'll be able to have a nice meal for about $5.

    The closest gas station/grocery store is about 3 miles away and a Wally-World is about 5 miles away.

    We can show up any day and stay as long as we want. He said people show up as early as Wednesday.

    He also said that there were other camp grounds not far from there (10 miles I believe he said) that had RV hookups and such.

    Smokes, you can give him and call and ask if you want.

    This time of year they have seasonal hours so they are closed to do 1-on-1 bow and rifle setups on Monday through Wednesday, which is by appointment.

    It also sounds like the range and pro shop are pretty big. 400 bows in stock at any time... He was a nice guy to talk to and very helpful.

    His name is Glenn and his number is 260-569-1853. He said that any of us could call with any other questions we have.

    Because of the amenities Glenn spoke about and the fact that once we are there we really don't need to get back into vehicles until we leave, unless to get 'supplies', I vote to stay at the Bass and Bucks location and just 'park it' and have some fun....

    And for you guys that need or want hookups feel free to give Glenn a call and ask for details. It sounds like there is something a lot closer than 40 minutes away, which would make it more feasibile for evenyone to hang out without a lot of driving.

    Thoughts ?

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I posted this as a reply to Bunny's thread but decided to create a new one to continue the discussion...

    I spoke with Glenn from Bass and Bucks this morning. I told him who we were/where we are 'from' and what our tentative plans were for the R-100.

    Here's my best recollection of what he told me on the phone in answers to the questions I/we had...

    He said they have camping for around 400+ people. They are expecting about 150 people to be camping for the R-100.

    He said that their camping area is about 14 acres of mowed area with trees spread around.

    They have water to fill up jugs with. They will also have a couple of cabins open for campers to take showers.

    If we give him a count of people/tents he will rope off a large area for us so we can be in our own group. We can pick where we want to set up and then he'll bring us fire rings to place where we want. He will have a bin full of cut up firewood for free.

    They will have catered food all weekend, including a giant pot of 'community chili'. He said that you'll be able to have a nice meal for about $5.

    The closest gas station/grocery store is about 3 miles away and a Wally-World is about 5 miles away.

    We can show up any day and stay as long as we want. He said people show up as early as Wednesday.

    He also said that there were other camp grounds not far from there (10 miles I believe he said) that had RV hookups and such.

    Smokes, you can give him and call and ask if you want.

    This time of year they have seasonal hours so they are closed to do 1-on-1 bow and rifle setups on Monday through Wednesday, which is by appointment.

    It also sounds like the range and pro shop are pretty big. 400 bows in stock at any time... He was a nice guy to talk to and very helpful.

    His name is Glenn and his number is 260-569-1853. He said that any of us could call with any other questions we have.

    Because of the amenities Glenn spoke about and the fact that once we are there we really don't need to get back into vehicles until we leave, unless to get 'supplies', I vote to stay at the Bass and Bucks location and just 'park it' and have some fun....

    And for you guys that need or want hookups feel free to give Glenn a call and ask for details. It sounds like there is something a lot closer than 40 minutes away, which would make it more feasibile for evenyone to hang out without a lot of driving.

    Thoughts ?

    Ron
    THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLAN!!!!!
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLAN!!!!!
    Yeah, it does seem to solve a couple of issues and if the weather is bad we don;t have to worry about cooking out over a fire that we won't be able to start....

    The only issue I see is the lack of hookups. But Glen did say that there will be RV's and campers/trailers there in force, so they wecome them, just no hookups.

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  4. #4
    The Fobinator Slice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Westland, Michigan
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLAN!!!!!
    Having a good time without having to drive 40 minutes works for me.
    Elite Synergy (311 FPS) - GT Arrows - Sling Braid
    Zona Archery Longbow - Cedar Arrows

    Keeping the FBSA in fashionable clothing

  5. #5
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Ttt..............
    I cut things up and split them down!

  6. #6
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    as of right now, its looking like $400 round trip for gas......


    thats a big "bill" to swallow.....

    I will be staying at Bass and Bucks PERIOD!!!
    I cut things up and split them down!

  7. #7
    He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Sounds like we have a winner.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

  8. #8
    BOWNUTS jdawg240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Will he have electric availble?????????? Im all for staying closer if it works for everyone... I thought we already had reservations elswhere????????????
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

  9. #9
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdawg240 View Post
    Will he have electric availble?????????? Im all for staying closer if it works for everyone... I thought we already had reservations elswhere????????????
    No electric but everything else is right there.

    I believe Smokes has a reservation at another location for a couple of sites but as I recall it's a 40 minute trip from where the shoot is. That's roughly 80 (at 60 mph average) miles a day, round trip, x 2 days at $4 a gallon a gas. B&B is only $10 a night to camp too, which is a good deal. For me that would be about $45-$50 just to go between the camp site and the shoot for two days, assuming I stay Monday night at B&B which I'll most likely do.

    That's why I called Bass and Bucks and got some info so that people can make more informed decisions about where to stay. Personally I'm going to stay at B&B since everything is right there. Park on Friday afternoon and I don't have to start a vehicle until Monday some time.

    I'm not saying that all of us need to stay at Bass and Bucks. I'm offering up facts about what B&B has. If you can live without AC power then the rest of the features of that place are all a big benefit.

    Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 06-26-2008 at 03:37 PM.
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  10. #10
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    Sounds like we have a winner.
    Yeah but I'll be interested to 'hear' what Smokes has to say. It does sound like there is a closer campground that has hookups. Whomever wants or needs that can give Glenn a call. He's a heck of a nice guy and a pleasure to talk to.

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  11. #11
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    TTT
    I cut things up and split them down!

  12. #12
    BOWNUTS jdawg240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Electric is not a must for me...400 plus mile there and back for us just to get there..I wouldnt mind staying at the site of the shoot site Besides we could get up early and get the jump on the crowds to shoot maybe
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

  13. #13
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdawg240 View Post
    Electric is not a must for me...400 plus mile there and back for us just to get there..I wouldnt mind staying at the site of the shoot site Besides we could get up early and get the jump on the crowds to shoot maybe
    yup, same boat for me......(700) 1 way.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    FREMONT MO
    Posts
    7

    Default where is the shoot at ?

    would like to go to a big shoot dont know where you guys are talking about? thanks xring man

  15. #15
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XRING MAN View Post
    would like to go to a big shoot dont know where you guys are talking about? thanks xring man
    It's the Rinehart R-100 in Wabash, Indiana.

    www.r100.org

    Check it out and stay tuned for more information about camping and such.

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  16. #16
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdawg240 View Post
    Electric is not a must for me...400 plus mile there and back for us just to get there..I wouldnt mind staying at the site of the shoot site Besides we could get up early and get the jump on the crowds to shoot maybe
    Yes, I'm an early riser and would love to get up and shoot before things got nuts. That is unless there are 400 others that think the same....

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  17. #17
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    I wish I was going

  18. #18
    Movin on up!!! bullfiddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    I wish I was going
    So get on a plane I'll pick ya up....
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

  19. #19
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    So get on a plane I'll pick ya up....
    I wish it were that easy

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    FREMONT MO
    Posts
    7

    Default holy cow

    I just went to map quest it is 508 miles for me holy cow!!!!!!!!! I wish gas was cheaper.

Similar Threads

  1. Wabash R100 Camping Information at Bass and Bucks....
    By Ronhop in forum Rinehart R100 Tournaments
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 07:24 PM
  2. Wabash R100 Bass and Bucks Roll Call
    By Ronhop in forum Rinehart R100 Tournaments
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
  3. Camping Trip
    By Slippy in forum Jokes Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 09:27 AM
  4. The Boyscout camping trip.......
    By BUNNYMAN in forum Jokes Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 09:16 AM
  5. R-100 in PA camping question
    By Pookie in forum Rinehart R100 Tournaments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •