You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: G5 Asd

Default G5 Asd

Arrow Squareing Device

Anyone get one of these yet and what are your opinions? Heard someone talking about them, maybe even on here, but was not that intrigued, but know I am so lets have it.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Bowman,
    I've been using one for the past 2 yrs. Is it worth it and does it work?....well, in my opinion yes. So far, with the use of the ASD, everytime I spin test an arrow, it is dead on.
    It is kinda awkward to use at first but once you get the technique down you can do an arrow in seconds. I shoot carbons and cut and build all of my arrows. After cutting an arrow I use the ASD carbon on the tip end and the nock end of my arrows. I then glue in the insert put in the nock and then spin test the arrow. 95% of the time thats all that is needed, everything spin tests great. Every once in a while I will have to use the ASD aluminum cutter on the insert, but not often. I think some of the insert surface ends are not square to begin with.
    I just like knowing both the nock and insert ends are square and in proper alignment.