You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Well its finally done!!!

I think anyway. Got the Icon set up the way I want it (except the new color kit from sure loc) and I must ask, why did Mathews not push this bow more when it first came out. Not the fastest out of the gate but let me tell you oh so smooth and shooter freindly. I only use it for indoor but i am still impressed w/the way this thing shoots. I like the felling that I dont have to be my best when i step to the line on Sat afternoon. Lets face it we all have off days and it seems as though it always happens on league night for me

I am going to try to get my buddy to take a pic, maybe two or three and post them up.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Bowman,
    I agree with you about the Icon. I lucked into a good deal on mine from one of the Mathews staff shooters that had to "upgrade" to an Apex. The dang thing has spoiled me. I've tried to replace it several times with a new bow, but the best that they can do is come close to the Icon. Compared to the Icon, my Hoyt is clunky, my Bowtec is not as smooth to draw, my Martin is close but really heavy and my old PSE Nova is a couple of generations out of date.

I think that the Icon is the best all around bow that Mathews has ever built. They made a mistake pulling it from their line.

The only problem I am having is my hand getting sweaty shooting indoor, and the every once in a while I can feel the bow slideing downward I think it is the very flat custom grip I have on it, as my Switchback w/stock grip does not do this. I just make sure before shooting each end that I wipe down the riser and grip and that seems to help thru the end,

Default Cool

Glad to hear you are getting that baby setup Adam. Say, did you wise up and put a WB on that Icon? Keep us informed on how she shoots, tell us your completed setup with pictures please. This thread sucks without PICS. Guys I have never shot an ICON but have heard several guys say the same thing as you. Maybe I need to check out E-Bay or classifieds instead of saving up for my Apex. What do you think Apex or Icon? I really like the feel of the Apex but since I have never shot the Icon maybe it will feel better.

"HONDA"

I got mine on AT for $400 and let me tell you worth every cent. I would like shoot an Apex 7 though before I could give you a proper answer. My dealer still will not get one in, but then again neither will any dealer w/in 75 miles. They all say the same thing, no one will buy one as they are tooooo exspensive. See in this area we dont sell many colored bows, maybe 1 pretty bow to every 50-75 hunting bows. Which for some dealers would equate to about 2-3 a year.

I am trying to figure out the pic stuff so please be patient.

As for an arrow rest I will be sticking w/the Cavilier Drop away for now.

Default Icon vs Apex

$400 sounds good to me. I have not shot the Apex 7 just the Apex and it really rocks. Sorry to hear you can't find an Apex 7 around to shoot. But just think of the money it is saving you. And as for patience waiting on pictures I used up all my patience waiting on my XT to arrive "REMEMBER" all that whining I was doing. So point click and download some pics. I mean posting pics is not like trying to tune a drop away rest. Sorry I had to

"HONDA"